The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by germanshepherd_
Hey, I got St Catherine's and I also did the Townley Grammar maths test; boy wasn't that hard?

What came up on the test?
Original post by Mahel
The question where you had to use a graph to find the area of a triangle or something like that was ridiculously stupid and i didn't understand it at all :confused:

What other questions did it have??
Original post by nisha.sri
What came up on the test?

I can't really remember that well, but make sure you are very confident in your GCSE maths. And if you can, look at some additional maths too. Tbh, the list they provide for you is the best thing. I would advice researching for the hardest questions on the topics, especially, transformation of graphs, circles, etc. But yh,

I hoped that helped. :wink:
Hey thanks for your advice but did you think it was hard?
and do everyone who apply do the examination for maths.
Sorry, i ask to many questions and did you get in?
Were there more that 50 people. That was my last question😁

thank you
p.s i dont know anyone else who did the townley test thats why im asking loads of questions.
i have got mine in january
Hey thanks for your advice but did you think it was hard?
and do everyone who apply do the examination for maths.
Sorry, i ask to many questions and did you get in?
Were there more that 50 people. That was my last question😁

thank you
p.s i dont know anyone else who did the townley test thats why im asking loads of questions.
i have got mine in january

Your welcome ;']
Yh, I thought it was hard. And sos did everyone else, except those really brainy people. But I still got into townley, but thats also down to predicted grades as well as whether you ahve siblings in the school or not, which I had. And no, not everyone does this exam. Only if you applied for maths as as well as fmaths. But I don't go townley now, I go St Olaves, and the townley test was so much harder than that of St Olaves, bearing in mind that StOlaves is a much better school.

And dont worry. You will be fine. Just bang out revision and then your done;']
Your welcome ;']
Yh, I thought it was hard. And sos did everyone else, except those really brainy people. But I still got into townley, but thats also down to predicted grades as well as whether you ahve siblings in the school or not, which I had. And no, not everyone does this exam. Only if you applied for maths as as well as fmaths. But I don't go townley now, I go St Olaves, and the townley test was so much harder than that of St Olaves, bearing in mind that StOlaves is a much better school.

And dont worry. You will be fine. Just bang out revision and then your done;']

oh thank you were the questions a level typed or gcse typed?

thanksxx
oh thank you were the questions a level typed or gcse typed?

thanksxx

No they were GCSE type of questons, but really hard ones;']
Original post by Mahel
What is the freedom like and what cant you do that you wouldve liked to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,
Did you do the townley maths exam for theur sixth form and did you find any questions similar to what i've attached.

Thank youu for yourr help :smile:
No they were GCSE type of questons, but really hard ones;']

was there similar questions to the one i have attached.

Thank you for your help.
was there similar questions to the one i have attached.

Thank you for your help.

Yh stuff like that but focus on circles, and their equations as well as transformations. I remember there were algebraic stuff too, so make sure you can do surds, indices, simultaneous equations, linear, non-linear. Also, know how to draw graphs too. So if they ask you to sketch y=1/x, you can do it.

Didn't they give you a revision list?
Yh stuff like that but focus on circles, and their equations as well as transformations. I remember there were algebraic stuff too, so make sure you can do surds, indices, simultaneous equations, linear, non-linear. Also, know how to draw graphs too. So if they ask you to sketch y=1/x, you can do it.

Didn't they give you a revision list?

Oh Thanks , they did but it was reallu vague for example sketching Graphs but what type of graphs cubic , straight , quadratics , the cos, sin or the transformation of f(x). So do you reckon they may give us the same exam as you did??

But thank you for your help xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh Thanks , they did but it was reallu vague for example sketching Graphs but what type of graphs cubic , straight , quadratics , the cos, sin or the transformation of f(x). So do you reckon they may give us the same exam as you did??

But thank you for your help xx

Probably. Im not sure. But basically explore all the things they gave you in the list in great details.
Probably. Im not sure. But basically explore all the things they gave you in the list in great details.

Okaii Thank you for your help germanshepherd :smile:
I can't really remember that well, but make sure you are very confident in your GCSE maths. And if you can, look at some additional maths too. Tbh, the list they provide for you is the best thing. I would advice researching for the hardest questions on the topics, especially, transformation of graphs, circles, etc. But yh,

I hoped that helped. :wink:

Hey i did my exam for tgs yesterday :smile: found it alright tbh :smile:
If i pass this exam am i able to get into townley grammar ?
Hey i did my exam for tgs yesterday :smile: found it alright tbh :smile:
If i pass this exam am i able to get into townley grammar ?

I hope it went well. Fingers crossed :smile: and yh probably. Tbh you have more of a chance than most boys applying there, plus if your grades are up to scratch, then who says you can't get in huh??
I hope it went well. Fingers crossed :smile: and yh probably. Tbh you have more of a chance than most boys applying there, plus if your grades are up to scratch, then who says you can't get in huh??

Lol True i just hope i get in the school :smile: Tbh, there were a lot of ppl doing just maths and it kinda scared me what about the ppl who didnt chose maths??
Original post by Mahel
Hello everyone, I'm a GCSE student like a lot of people in this subthread and a few things came to my mind. When you get your GCSE results, how long do you have to confirm what sixth form you want to go to? How do after results day 'late applications' work? What are the chances of getting into a sixth form via a late application?

Thanks

Did you do the maths exam for tgs last year?
Did yu get in!
Original post by themuffin96
I go to dartford grammar for girls so if you want to ask any questions about the sixth form then go ahead! Also, DGS is a good school, but be prepared for an unbelievable amount of work, especially in year 13 when it's common to hear of people working through the night!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey you go dartford do you knw if they have given any offers yet for 2016?
Original post by Mahel
did you get into townley? i didn't get in and neither did my friend who had 8A grades :eek::confused:

Do they give you a conditional offer depending on your predicted grades:angry:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by big_dreamer
Hi?

Received 2 extra offers inc one from Chis and Sid. I know that loads from my school applied and a good 10 or more got in.

Anyone else?

Do u go townley
? Are u external?
Did u get in ..?
did u do the maths exam Thabk u 😆😇

Latest