The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is where appreciation for Wenger comes in. Whilst he was rebuilding, we were always consistent, Man Utd are supposedly rebuilding and look at the state of them.
Reply 1801
There should always be appreciation for Wenger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1802
What appreciation? Wenger did the bare minimum that was expected of him. he's always had the 4th best team and he's finished 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Giroud keeps up his form, he will be quite possibly Wenger's greatest ever piece of work in terms of coaching a non remarkable, non young player, from nowhere, to become top class.
Original post by AR_95
What appreciation? Wenger did the bare minimum that was expected of him. he's always had the 4th best team and he's finished 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, you say that as if it (4th) is a given. . . Look at the other teams and how they fared when they thought the same. All of the other teams have been boom and bust teams apart from City.
Reply 1805
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Lol, you say that as if it (4th) is a given. . . Look at the other teams and how they fared when they thought the same. All of the other teams have been boom and bust teams apart from City.

Because they've all had **** managers. Wenger did a good job but it was not exceptional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Because they've all had **** managers. Wenger did a good job but it was not exceptional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mourinho included? Do you think Mourinho is an exceptional manager in the present day? Sure he can win a title, but I guess it is always easier when they have a blank cheque. I think in the present day he needs certain variables to be there in order to achieve his results, and even when he does his ability limits him to being able to achieve short term success only.

Yes of course, it was not exceptional. Exceptional would be winning multiple trophies over a sustained time period with more constrained variables. Hopefully, Wenger.
If Giroud keeps up his form, he will be quite possibly Wenger's greatest ever piece of work in terms of coaching a non remarkable, non young player, from nowhere, to become top class.

Mate he won the league with Montpellier and was probably the best striker in France at the time ffs. Don't be a deluded mong, he was pretty much your second most expensive signing at the time.

You also said 'keeps up his form' as if he hasn't had very hot and very cold streaks throughout his entire time in England.

Your post is 8 nonces out of 10.
Reply 1808
Coming off wrong. I appreciate Wenger but this God complex people give him just irritates me in general. Consistent top 4 is not exactly something to brag about. Yes UTD and Chelsea have slumped but they've also won a load more trophies than us.

I just really hope Wenger buys in January but the chances are he won't, and if he doesn't we are going to crumble in Febuary. That's for certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Coming off wrong. I appreciate Wenger but this God complex people give him just irritates me in general. Consistent top 4 is not exactly something to brag about. Yes UTD and Chelsea have slumped but they've also won a load more trophies than us.

I just really hope Wenger buys in January but the chances are he won't, and if he doesn't we are going to crumble in Febuary. That's for certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll get a CDM.
Also had a top 4 worthy squad for almost the entirety of the last 10 years, certainly compared to the likes of Tottenham/Everton/Liverpool/Newcastle who have challenged for the 4th place trophy.
Reply 1811
Mourinho included? Do you think Mourinho is an exceptional manager in the present day? Sure he can win a title, but I guess it is always easier when they have a blank cheque. I think in the present day he needs certain variables to be there in order to achieve his results, and even when he does his ability limits him to being able to achieve short term success only.

Yes of course, it was not exceptional. Exceptional would be winning multiple trophies over a sustained time period with more constrained variables. Hopefully, Wenger.

He's a very successful manager and has more to his name than Wenger, regardless of this season's slump. It took mourinho just one season to build a title winning squad and his business in the transfer market has been exceptional. The variable excuse can also be used on Wenger where its taken him 3 full windows with the surplus transfer budget to even come close to challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Mate he won the league with Montpellier and was probably the best striker in France at the time ffs. Don't be a deluded mong, he was pretty much your second most expensive signing at the time.

You also said 'keeps up his form' as if he hasn't had very hot and very cold streaks throughout his entire time in England.

Your post is 8 nonces out of 10.

Yeah, and there are a lot of players who have won the French League and have done **** all with their careers. Wenger has done wonders for him.
City leading.
Yeah, and there are a lot of players who have won the French League and have done **** all with their careers. Wenger has done wonders for him.

When he's the first choice striker for a top premier league club and the only competition he's had is Bendtner/Walcott/Sanogo i'm not sure how you can consider that an achievement tbh
Original post by AR_95
He's a very successful manager and has more to his name than Wenger, regardless of this season's slump. It took mourinho just one season to build a title winning squad and his business in the transfer market has been exceptional. The variable excuse can also be used on Wenger where its taken him 3 full windows with the surplus transfer budget to even come close to challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have a lot more money available to spend than us. Look at their title winning team vs ours and see that we actually develop our own players. Mourinho should not be given credit for what he does because he has achieved with much easier circumstances. Mourinho is incapable (since Porto) of building a team organically. It's really not rocket science.

Wenger can go to Chelsea if he wants and I guarantee that if he had that sort of money he'd win the title also. It does not take exceptional managers to do that at Chelsea.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
When he's the first choice striker for a top premier league club and the only competition he's had is Bendtner/Walcott/Sanogo i'm not sure how you can consider that an achievement tbh

What? Why are you talking about our choice of strikers? The conversation is about Giroud.
Reply 1817
They have a lot more money available to spend than us. Look at their title winning team vs ours and see that we actually develop our own players. Mourinho should not be given credit for what he does because he has achieved with much easier circumstances. Mourinho is incapable (since Porto) of building a team organically. It's really not rocket science.

Wenger can go to Chelsea if he wants and I guarantee that if he had that sort of money he'd win the title also. It does not take exceptional managers to do that at Chelsea.

They hardly spent in comparison to Liverpool and UTD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
Only worry for me is Ozil. If he stays fit all season, we're hot favourites for the league. If he gets injured, well, it'll be top 4 again.

Oh look Deeney scores again, told you he'd come good

Posted from TSR Mobile
When Wenger leaves you'll go through the same process.
Difference is, when Fergie was rebuilding he was doing it whilst winning trophies. Cant say the same for Wenger....

Latest