The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

YES.
he missed an open goal lmfao
That'll do :smile:

No idea how Benteke missed that though :confused:
Jesus Christ is that the miss of the decade?
Five off CL.
Original post by Mackay

hahahahaha it was even worse than Torres :rofl:

all he had to do is just tap in ffs
YOU NEARLY MESSED IT UP THERE. HOW CAN YOU MISS AN OPEN GOAL !??! THEN LEICESTER GO ON THE COUNTER FFS AND NEARLY DEPRIVE YOU OF TWO POINTS hjsudhhedfdbnnfdhf

Anyways cheers :yy:
Original post by Mackay

Only listening to commentary but sounds like we should've won that 3-0.

Either way, that's a HUGE 3 points. Just 2 behind United now but Christ we make things hard for ourselves...

We've beaten Chelsea, City and Leicester...only to lose to Newcastle, Palace and Watford.
Ridiculous Liverpool.
I knew we'd win. It's just typical

Posted from TSR Mobile
The guy can score worldie goals but misses an open goal....

But great 3 points, throughly deserved. Suprised that we looked the more energetic team given Leicester are known to outwork the opposition but we did that to them, maybe they are finally starting to feel some fatigue but gengenpress strikes again :biggrin:

Typical Liverpool though, lost against a bottom place team and win against the league leaders...
Original post by samir12
The guy can score worldie goals but misses an open goal....

But great 3 points, throughly deserved. Suprised that we looked the more energetic team given Leicester are known to outwork the opposition but we did that to them, maybe they are finally starting to feel some fatigue but gengenpress strikes again :biggrin:

Typical Liverpool though, lost against a bottom place team and win against the league leaders...

In fairness, Watford are hardly a bottom place team, not this season. Hell they just got a point from Stamford Bridge.

I know it's frustrating to look back at where we've lost points but I guess every team can do that. The fact is that we just beat the league leaders and got ourselves within striking distance of our biggest rival.

The January transfer window is gonna be huge.
Original post by Lúcio
In fairness, Watford are hardly a bottom place team, not this season. Hell they just got a point from Stamford Bridge.

I know it's frustrating to look back at where we've lost points but I guess every team can do that. The fact is that we just beat the league leaders and got ourselves within striking distance of our biggest rival.

The January transfer window is gonna be huge.

I meant Newcastle, think they were literally bottom of the league at the time we played them?

Big win, kept the gap between ourselves and 4th place to a reasonable size with half a season to go. Fancy Spurs to nick 4th place but still a long way to go.
Reply 2872
If Leicester had gone up the other end and scored from that, I don't think Benteke would have ever recovered. As it happens, he's the matchwinner. Funny how things go in football. I mean who would have thought 6 months ago that this would be considered a big win.

Only really caught the second half, but Henderson was magnificent. I am used to looking at him as a young player but he's 25 now. However I needn't do so, he is a brilliant player in his own right now; he wouldn't look amiss in the midfield's of Bayern or Barcelona these days.
Original post by cBay
If Leicester had gone up the other end and scored from that, I don't think Benteke would have ever recovered. As it happens, he's the matchwinner. Funny how things go in football. I mean who would have thought 6 months ago that this would be considered a big win.

Only really caught the second half, but Henderson was magnificent. I am used to looking at him as a young player but he's 25 now. However I needn't do so, he is a brilliant player in his own right now; he wouldn't look amiss in the midfield's of Bayern or Barcelona these days.

That's a bit too far mate, he's not at Gerrard's level where he can score goals and win the game for his team. Some of his passes are Gerrard like though, maybe this is what Kenny saw when he first signed him, he has come a long way.
Henderson wouldn't look amiss in the midfields of barca or bayern
Missed the game but I did say we would won today :awesome:

We might overtake Man Utd next weekend and then we have to start chasing Spurs down who are on a decent run.
Daniel Sturridge: Liverpool striker 'good to go' after injury

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge says he is ready to return from his latest hamstring injury.

The England striker, 26, was not expected to be fit until mid-January after straining his muscle against Newcastle on 6 December.

But after his side's 1-0 win over Leicester on Boxing Day, he tweeted: "Perfect gift for Christmas from the boys getting a win.

"On a sidenote I'm back training and good to go!!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35183913
Henderson and Can the two shining lights for me, on a day where we could enjoy many positives.

I thought the back four was really good, and we need to bear in mind the context that they were facing the two in-form players in the league (and maybe Europe) just a week after the third and fourth in-form players in the league ripped them a new one in an embarrassing rout.

Sakho can do more, I'm sure we all think. He gave it away too much today, and seemed to struggle the most out of that back-line of ours. Lovren was quietly terrific, I felt, and Moreno did really well to neuter the threat of the increasingly brilliant Mahrez. Clyne did what Clyne does, which is by no means a bad thing.

There are a few negatives to take from proceedings - largely the emphasis we place on shooting from miles and miles out. Why? Just play the ball around and try to create something, rather than Coutinho running his own goal of the year competition.

Henderson was easily the best player on the pitch today. For 70 minutes, he absolutely bossed the game. I felt we went back into our shell once we scored, but 1-0 is such a precarious lead, maybe that's to be expected. We've also got to think about the other games where we've conceded late - Southampton at Anfield etc - which would have fed that anxiety.

I can't believe we haven't made it 2-0, and the linesman was shocking, but question marks remain over Firmino. He found Benteke with a lovely bit of play for the opener, though. Origi's injury - after he had shown such early promise - was another blotch on an otherwise good day at the office.
Henderson is going to become a beast player under Klopp. His passing since coming back from injury has been ridiculously good.

Latest