The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;L4mb-h3uKSo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mb-h3uKSo[/video]
Reply 1101
LVG to resign tonight. Mourinho appointed before Chelsea game. Going to be a massive shtfest of a match ending 1-0 to ManU with a Costa own goal.
Original post by Harvey.Specter
I have a feeling Depay will turn out to be a Nani, brief moments of brilliance but all in all a very frustrating player. He's still very young though so he may mature into a much better player, but it does seem like he has an attitude problem.

I have a feeling Memphis is the new Ryan Babel. Big hype as a young player after stomping all over a weak league but just does not look like the player with the mentality to influence games in the Premier League. Manchester United is too big for him and he doesn't seem like he's rising to the challenge.

Have a feeling when a new manager is in, we will hear about a "summer clear out" and Memphis will be one of the players they are looking to move on to try and raise funds for new signings.
[video="youtube;pO7Xzk9JQA0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO7Xzk9JQA0[/video]
Original post by ETRC
LVG to resign tonight. Mourinho appointed before Chelsea game. Going to be a massive shtfest of a match ending 1-0 to ManU with a Costa own goal.

Costa's suspended
Original post by The_Stig

@hayles101 is that you in disguise?
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I have a feeling Memphis is the new Ryan Babel. Big hype as a young player after stomping all over a weak league but just does not look like the player with the mentality to influence games in the Premier League. Manchester United is too big for him and he doesn't seem like he's rising to the challenge.

Have a feeling when a new manager is in, we will hear about a "summer clear out" and Memphis will be one of the players they are looking to move on to try and raise funds for new signings.

Selling such a highly rated youngster after one season would be crazy. He only cost 21m, we could recoup most of that even if he proves not good enough after 2 or 3 seasons.
Give it Giggsy to the end of the season
Original post by ETRC

its in 2 days doubt mou can come to us in 2 days,we'll probably go for giggs
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
I called this a year ago, a lot of you owe me an apology tbh.

We should do a ''what time will LVG get sacked'' sweepstake.

I'm going for 9:30am tomorrow morning

I ain't apologising for ****, thought he'd have gone sooner. You're right though. It's a downward spiral.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
I ain't apologising for ****, thought he'd have gone sooner.

I mean most of the United posters on here who know who they are

The amount of abuse I got ffs :lol:
Original post by sr90
I mean most of the United posters on here who know who they are

The amount of abuse I got ffs :lol:

You were right. I agreed on your side from the start, his managerial record is nothing to really shout home about.
Reply 1113
Original post by Mo De Lemone
Costa's suspended

damn my prediction is now ruined ffs Costa.
Man, LVG sounds like he's leaving soon tbh. I don't think he's lasting past the new year unless Chelsea lose to them.
Original post by difeo
Selling such a highly rated youngster after one season would be crazy. He only cost 21m, we could recoup most of that even if he proves not good enough after 2 or 3 seasons.

His value will fall quite quickly if he drifts away to being a fringe player. I think it depends whether United see him as really having a future. I don't see him being the type of super-driven player who will do whatever it takes to find a way to win that you associate with United. He's more the type of player who has a bit of skill and a glamorous reputation and likes being known as a top player. That suits Liverpool, Newcastle, Tottenham.

Unfortunately United are starting to become that kind of club: splashing out lots of money in transfer windows hoping to get enough talent to stick. When SAF was there this is what rival clubs like Blackburn, Newcastle, Liverpool tried to do to unhorse United but SAF had more of a coherent plan when he brought players in with the right mentality to fit in to United.

Can you imagine what Roy Keane would have made of Memphis if he turned up in the United dressing room when Keane was playing.

Unfair to say Memphis should be sold after one season.

Also, the expectations placed on him were unreal tbh. All this 'next Ronaldo' hype was pure BS and he should be given time to adapt.

Drive and mentality is there, just needs to find it.
**** the bottom post
(edited 8 years ago)
Still laughing at how he started Fellaini and not Schneiderlin. Guy's asking for the sack tbf.
We're not getting Mourinho before the Chelsea match, so either;

a) LVG agrees to step down after the Chelsea match. It gives him the chance to end; his career, on a win.

or

b) LVG agrees to step down before the Chelsea match. It gives Giggs a chance and would also induce the players to perform well for an on-watching Mourinho.

I'm confident we'll go for Mourinho because the Glazers will not want to miss out on Champions League football, and without Mourinho I can't see us finishing in the top four.

Schneiderlin can't wait for Mourinho. LVG has dropped him, but under Mourinho he would be arguably the most important player for us. Mata has a lot to fear as Rooney could take the CAM spot in Mou's 4-2-3-1. Also, Depay could lose his position to Young, as Mourinho will demand his wingers to work for the team. Is Depay too lazy?

I think we'll go for Stones in January, as Mourinho clearly rates him. I wouldn't be surprised if we bought a powerful target man as it's part of his traditional system. Lukaku has recently spoke about how he has 'immense respect' for Mourinho, and Ighalo is another option.

Latest