The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They ate way too much yesterday:angry: too lazy to play the match
The second goal was a result of a foul
And the third goal resulted from a corner that wasnt even a corner Kos didnt even touch the ball
Arsenal = Papa Doc
[video="youtube;ylkOAtifuJ0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylkOAtifuJ0[/video]
What pisses me off is it's the same fixtures every year that we completely bottle. Saints away, stoke away, chelsea away...don't understand why we bother turning up when we're basically guaranteed 0/9 pts every single season.
Reply 1983
Actually **** that don't wanna die.

Someone link me the Man City thread I'm a City fan now. #noregrets
idk why but it feels like we should apologise to liverpool or something ?!? :confused:
Original post by Pete_91
What pisses me off is it's the same fixtures every year that we completely bottle. Saints away, stoke away, chelsea away...don't understand why we bother turning up when we're basically guaranteed 0/9 pts every single season.

Next season, we might as well send out the kids to give the starters a rest. That's if the starters aren't all injured by then.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
idk why but it feels like we should apologise to liverpool or something ?!? :confused:
No need. I think they've been plenty satisfied by the football tonight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Very hard to say we aren't perennial bottlers when every chance we have to take the top spot we bottle it.

Didn't you say after the United game it was the perfect start to the day? Well so was the ending.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Didn't you say after the United game it was the perfect start to the day? Well so was the ending.

Yeah it was, that doesn't change :u: x And good for you! :congrats:
Tbf we're playing at the same level as we do every season, it's just that everyone around us is doing worse which makes it harder to take for us.

But really we shouldn't expect any more from Wenger than we ever get, regardless of what an opportunity the league presents us.
Man U and Chelsea fans trying to wind up Arsenal fans at this point is just awkward tbh.
Only Arsenal could play like we did again City and then put in a performance like that in the next game. Was no where near a title winning performance. At least there's only 2 days till the next game, we can bounce back straight away.
Original post by Rk2k14
You guys are ****.
@Dirtybit
Is the word 'rekt' suitable in this situation?

Affirmative
Reply 1995
Original post by trapking

Except we've just won it.

Original post by e aí rapaz
Tbf we're playing at the same level as we do every season, it's just that everyone around us is doing worse which makes it harder to take for us.

But really we shouldn't expect any more from Wenger than we ever get, regardless of what an opportunity the league presents us.

So basically you've summed up why Wenger should have retired already.
Yeah it was, that doesn't change :u: x And good for you! :congrats:

salty :hugs:

it's ok at least you're living up to your 'known' reputation :biggrin:
Original post by AR_95
End of the season it'll bite us in the back if we don't win the title and then we'll look back at these results in hindsight. We do it every year. I hate the term "it's one loss" because if it was 1 loss you'd storm the league. This is our 4th loss and we have 36/54 points.

If we draw the next game and City win, we're 3rd. I wouldn't put it against Bournemouth to get a result either because they've had some big results this season. Fact is we shouldn't be in this position in the first place. Arguably after Chelsea, we were favourites for the title at the start of the season and people expected City to implode (which I argued last season wouldn't happen).

It's complete under performance, I've used this word quite a bit and I'll continue to do so because it's summed us up so far.

Yeah I understand that - we all do it and you aren't the only one.
How do you think i've been feeling seeing us beat Chelsea/City/Leicester only to lose to Watford/Palace/Newcastle?

I look back at the year we bottled the league and think to myself "what if Toure didn't gift WBA the ball and lose us 2 points that day?" or "what if we could hold a 3 goal lead against Palace?".
Football is crazy and every so often you have a terrible, terrible day.
However when all is said and done, you picked up the same amount of points as Leicester today. If you don't let this get to you, you're fine.

All things considered, you're 2nd place and 2 points off the pace after 18 games, with a superior GD I might add. I'd take a 4-0 embarrassment to be where you are.
Rekt biches.
Nice to see Wanyama render Ozil useless. Lifeless play from Arsenal tonight - and they rightly paid the price.

Latest