The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Which uni is better?

Hi!
Is Royal Holloway, Liverpool or Leicester??
Based on rankings, reputation, campus, people and the city/surroundings?
Because I've never been to England and I'm a city person so I'm not that sure about the unis :P

Scroll to see replies

Hey not really sure about the other cities Leicester is really good. I am applying there myself the city is good to :biggrin:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hey not really sure about the other cities but Leicester is really good. I am applying there myself the city is good too :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by justastudent321
Hey not really sure about the other cities but Leicester is really good. I am applying there myself the city is good too :biggrin:

Can you tell me more about the city and the uni? :smile:
Original post by ansonyyy
Can you tell me more about the city and the uni? :smile:
Well the city itself isn't fairly big so its easy to get around and we have a great shopping centre (highcross) and is very multicultural as you may or may not have heard before. Can't really say much about the uni since I don't study there but from going there for school trips and open days its amazing. It's known for their library and facilities it offers. Their campus is compact and the different departments are closely linked, so you can't really get lost. That's about it really, ahaha don't know what else to comment on. Hope this helps !!
Liverpool is Russell Group which is good. Royal Holloway is about 4 years away from London which is bad. Leicester is **** which is bad.
Original post by callum_law
Liverpool is Russell Group which is good. Royal Holloway is about 4 years away from London which is bad. Leicester is **** which is bad.

Yes, well I guess the 'Russel Group' are known for having prestigious unis, but Leicester isn't bad at all, the uni is ranked pretty high. :/
Yes, well I guess the 'Russel Group' are known for having prestigious unis, but Leicester isn't bad at all, the uni is ranked pretty high. :/

Why did you put Russell Group in quotes? Were you implying I spelt it wrong, made it up or something?

Liverpool is a borderline AAB–ABB uni. Leicester is an ABB uni.
Reply 8

Why would you say Leicester is bad? Like the uni itself or the place?
Reply 9

Do you mind telling me more about Leicester?
Why did you put Russell Group in quotes? Were you implying I spelt it wrong, made it up or something?

Liverpool is a borderline AAB–ABB uni. Leicester is an ABB uni.

I wasn't implying anything. Also I know about the grading but I am saying that Leicester isn't as bad as you make it sound.
Do you mind telling me more about Leicester?

Did you read what I wrote about Leicester ^

Sorry but I don't really know what else to say. Hope it helps
Why would you say Leicester is bad? Like the uni itself or the place?

The person means that the uni isn't as good compared to Liverpool.
Reply 13
Liverpool, great nightlife, cheap, good reputation and not Leicester or London
Reply 14

And you're an idiot. I guess Bath and Surrey which require A*s for courses such as engineering are no match for Liverpool because they're not apart of the Russell Group.
I wasn't implying anything. Also I know about the grading but I am saying that Leicester isn't as bad as you make it sound.

I am sure "you" weren't implying "anything".

It's relative. It's not as strong academically as Liverpool, but that doesn't mean it's poor. It isn't very well known outside of the UK however, which might pose a problem for an international student.
Original post by Fuego1
And you're an idiot. I guess Bath and Surrey which require A*s for courses such as engineering are no match for Liverpool because they're not apart of the Russell Group.

Do not call me an idiot and use "apart of" in a sentence.
Reply 17
Do not call me an idiot and use "apart of" in a sentence.

why not?
I am sure "you" weren't implying "anything".

It's relative. It's not as strong academically as Liverpool, but that doesn't mean it's poor. It isn't very well known outside of the UK however, which might pose a problem for an international student.

Well clearly this person knows/has heard of the uni, and the university of Leicester is known for having a large amount of International students so it may be more comfortable for ansonyyy.
Original post by Fuego1
why not?

Because you'll make me spit out my coffee all over my laptop as I laugh at you. Plus your point is irrelevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending