The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

US. It seems to be the holy grail in people's eyes. Much, much prefer Europe for holidaying tbh.
Europeans and Americans seem to love the UK; don't see the hype to be honest :K:.
Reply 3
The UK.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
What countries do you think are the most overrated (in terms of how they are perceived by others)?

Personally I think the USA, Canada, Spain and the UAE are overrated.

USA Is great - nowt wrong with it
Lol yeah UK is a bit overrated
Reply 6
Original post by abruiseonthesky
US. It seems to be the holy grail in people's eyes. Much, much prefer Europe for holidaying tbh.

Agreed.

Original post by dniy-10
Lol yeah UK is a bit overrated

How so? I love the UK and would gladly live here for the rest of my life.

Would be funny... If Vanuatu were rated in the first place (let alone overrated).
Agreed.

Its a nice country but apart from London its just plain
Reply 10
UK

I love parts of the UK but tbf I do think parts are completely overrated (London). I do sometimes wonder why people obsess over the UK tbh, but then I get back to Lancashire and I remember why it's great :wink:
Reply 12
Would be funny... If Vanuatu were rated in the first place (let alone overrated).

Djibouti then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dniy-10
Its a nice country but apart from London its just plain

Large parts of London are vile lol (East/South). Only the North/West are decent these days.

What's wrong with "plain"? Great countrysides, lovely, tolerant and fun people.
Scotland.

*******s to Scotland.

I think Fiji gets too much attention.
Reply 16
America without a doubt, although I wish the UK had Sephora. sigh
UK.

Met so many people who want to visit the UK especially London because its a "beautiful" country, any British person on pretty much simultaneously responded with: you high?
Original post by abruiseonthesky
I love parts of the UK but tbf I do think parts are completely overrated (London). I do sometimes wonder why people obsess over the UK tbh, but then I get back to Lancashire and I remember why it's great :wink:

I simultaneously think London is extremely overrated, but also think it's the best city in the world. I just hate East/South London tbh lol.

Yeah, I live in a rural area too and it's great. So quiet, and the people are truly lovely (plus I love old people so that helps :tongue:).

:colonhash:
Original post by Vikingninja
UK.

Met so many people who want to visit the UK especially London because its a "beautiful" country, any British person on pretty much simultaneously responded with: you high?

The UK is beauts but definitely not London!

Latest