The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If beating man City was equivalent to popping some strong E, today was the brutal comedown. Still in a good position in the table, pressure is really on now to win the two home games we have next. We have proved the doubters right today, which is the most frustrating thing.
Original post by De Chirico
today was the brutal comedown

Judging by your defending at times, I'd say it was more akin to being outside the club at 5am with your jaw aching like ****, telling the nearest person to you that you don't know where you are.
Reply 2042
Surprised the transfer window is open in less than a week and we haven't been linked with Cavani yet tbh.
Some sources are saying Elneny will be our only January signing. I guess if the injury crisis worsens in the final hours of the transfer window, we could always recall some of our loanees

(The last player to transfer from Basel to an English club, we know what happened to him so let's hope Elneny hits the ground running. Plus he will be ineligible vs Barca as he played in Basel's CL play-off defeat.)
(edited 8 years ago)
Talk of Wanyama seems to have died down. Your targeting of him just shows the dearth of quality that the PL boasts in central midfield, to be honest. Who will you be linked with next? Drinkwater?

Wanyama is a good player, but he hasn't had a good season, and seems to want a move away from St Mary's with the mindset that he is bound for bigger things.
Elneny has said in an interview his dream club to play for is Barcelona.

well suited to us then:colonhash:
Original post by Mackay
Talk of Wanyama seems to have died down. Your targeting of him just shows the dearth of quality that the PL boasts in central midfield, to be honest. Who will you be linked with next? Drinkwater?

Wanyama is a good player, but he hasn't had a good season, and seems to want a move away from St Mary's with the mindset that he is bound for bigger things.

To put in that performance against us suggests quite simply: "Fock Gunners, I'm going elsewhere to prove myself."
Original post by shawn_o1
To put in that performance against us suggests quite simply: "Fock Gunners, I'm going elsewhere to prove myself."

Yeah, I thought that too.
Most of these players they don't have the winning mentality. They have never made any major contribution to winning a title. Wenger's experiment has failed we need to understand this.
Just realised, the last two players to move from Switzerland to England went to Championship clubs. No wonder fans are not impressed with the transfer business.
Original post by al_94
Most of these players they don't have the winning mentality. They have never made any major contribution to winning a title. Wenger's experiment has failed we need to understand this.

This is why Welbeck is one of our most important players.
Original post by swirly

Neither has Welbeck?
Look, if we beat Bournemouth and Leicester either lose/draw to City, we're top of the league again so keep faith lol
Original post by leinad2012
Neither has Welbeck?

Manchester United Honours:SAF installed that winning mentality in Welbeck that all his players had.

convinced he'd currently be walking the league and be 10 points clear at the top with this team:

Welbeck
Di Maria Mata Valencia
Carrick Giggs
Young Vidic Smalling Rafael

He'd have that team go invincible ffs.

Young and Di Maria combining down the left :coma:
(edited 8 years ago)
Was at the match yesterday. Southamptonlona did a high pitch press and destroyed Wenger. TBH, Arsenal crumbled after the first goal.
Original post by swirly

I don't know how much of a difference he can make he's been out so long but Wenger need to buy established players he made a good start with Cech but it's not enough
Original post by al_94

Original post by swirly
Manchester United Honours:SAF installed that winning mentality in Welbeck that all his players had.

convinced he'd currently be walking the league and be 10 points clear at the top with this team:

Welbeck
Di Maria Mata Valencia
Carrick Giggs
Young Vidic Smalling Rafael

He'd have that team go invincible ffs.

Young and Di Maria combining down the left :coma:

Welbeck never made a MAJOR contribution to United winning the league, in the same way that Remy didn't for Chelsea last season
Original post by leinad2012
Welbeck never made a MAJOR contribution to United winning the league, in the same way that Remy didn't for Chelsea last season

i disagree tbh. Welbeck might not have had the goals and assists, but he was an important component in SAF's system. it would be like discounting coquelin and scholes.

they are system players who play for the team.

Without his pressing and work rate on the wing what would happen to SAF's team?
Really need Leicester to do the business and City Tuesday night. Some really tough away games coming up in the second half of the season so we need City to drop as many points as possible.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Really need Leicester to do the business and City Tuesday night. Some really tough away games coming up in the second half of the season so we need City to drop as many points as possible.

Take solace in the fact they'll be without Kompany, then. If ever there was a strikeforce and attack composed to be able to give City nightmares and expose them, it's Leicester.

Vardy and Mahrez's pace, directness and invention will have Demichelis and Mangala quaking in their boots tonight you'd imagine.

Latest