The Student Room Group

RST3B How did it go

How did everyone find the unit 3 exam for Religious Studies? I thought it was a lot better than expected, I found the problem of evil questions easiest and ontological argument questions not too bad but a bit harder than evil questions. So glad process thought didn't come up though :wink:
Yeah I found the ontological argument more difficult than the problem of evil. I feel like I aced the free will defence questions but the ontological questions went okay-ish. I was quietly confident that the process thought wouldn't come up anyway, it came up in last years paper so would be unlikely to come up two years in a row.
Reply 2
Hi, I'm currently doing this course, and I just wanted to ask, what did you think was the 2 easiest out of the three to learn and do well in during the exams: Ontological Argument, Problem of evil and Body, Soul & Mind.
Reply 3
Original post by arrow_h
Hi, I'm currently doing this course, and I just wanted to ask, what did you think was the 2 easiest out of the three to learn and do well in during the exams: Ontological Argument, Problem of evil and Body, Soul & Mind.

Hi, my college didnt teach the body, soul and mind section instead they did Ontological Argument, Problem of Evil and Religious Language so I'm not sure how hard the body, soul and mind topic is but for my exam I revised and answered questions on problem of evil and ontological argument and got an A in the exam. Just do whichever topics you find the easiest but are also able to write a good amount in and present a good argument. What I did to revise was make notes from the booklets we were given in college along with other resources and then focused a lot of time on memorising them. Try saying them out loud to get them to stick in your mind, it sounds weird but it honestly works. If you keep at it and also attempt practice and past papers then you will do well in the exam
Hope I helped 😀 And good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by joe1597
Hi, my college didnt teach the body, soul and mind section instead they did Ontological Argument, Problem of Evil and Religious Language so I'm not sure how hard the body, soul and mind topic is but for my exam I revised and answered questions on problem of evil and ontological argument and got an A in the exam. Just do whichever topics you find the easiest but are also able to write a good amount in and present a good argument. What I did to revise was make notes from the booklets we were given in college along with other resources and then focused a lot of time on memorising them. Try saying them out loud to get them to stick in your mind, it sounds weird but it honestly works. If you keep at it and also attempt practice and past papers then you will do well in the exam
Hope I helped 😀 And good luck.

Thank you, I used a similar method for AS, I took notes, transformed them into flash cards and just memorized them and got an A, and I really want to maintain that, if you can would it be possible if you could send me any essays you've done over the course of the year (if you don't mind) just to help me out with the way of structuring and writing it. Thanks. I will be doing P.O.E and Ontol Argument

Quick Reply

Latest