The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also, **** Mourinho
Depay drove into training today in his brand-new £240,000 Rolls Royce convertible.

Man doesn't give a ****.

I think BASTI is back for tomorrows game? :biggrin:

A Basti and Schneiderlin midfield plsssssss

DDG
Young Jones Smalling Blind
Basti Schneiderlin
Lingard Herrera Memphis
Martial

rooney will probs start and so will fellani ffs

If Schneiderlin doesnt play i'm done..... :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
I feel slightly confident of us sneaking a 1-0 win tomorrow. I hope the fans get behind the team and we create an encouraging atmosphere to help the players. Lose tomorrow and we could potentially fall further behind the top 4.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
I feel slightly confident of us sneaking a 1-0 win tomorrow. I hope the fans get behind the team and we create an encouraging atmosphere to help the players. Lose tomorrow and we could potentially fall further behind the top 4.

if we lose tomorrow and teams like watford/stoke/crystal palace and everton win we will move all the way down to 9th or 10th.....

Edit: and if liverpool won their game too lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by trapking
if we lose tomorrow and teams like watford/stoke/crystal palace and everton win we will move all the way down to 9th or 10th.....

Depressing. I reckon van Gaal will resign tomorrow even if we beat Chelsea. Well, i hope :/.
Depressing. I reckon van Gaal will resign tomorrow even if we beat Chelsea. Well, i hope :/.

i don't think he will resign tbh i think those newspaper stories about him asking woodward to go are rumours...

idk its tricky....but this season won't end well and we will end up outside of top 5 probs 7th.
Original post by trapking
i don't think he will resign tbh i think those newspaper stories about him asking woodward to go are rumours...

idk its tricky....but this season won't end well and we will end up outside of top 5 probs 7th.

I dont think we'll finish outside top 4 tbh, i reckon we'll still finish comfortably 4th imo. Dont ask me why but it's just a feeling :redface:
I dont think we'll finish outside top 4 tbh, i reckon we'll still finish comfortably 4th imo. Dont ask me why but it's just a feeling :redface:

i wish i had that confidence :cry2: :redface:
Original post by Manchester United
Depay drove into training today in his brand-new £240,000 Rolls Royce convertible.

Man doesn't give a ****.

I'm trying to understand why many on the internet seem to have a problem with this. It is his money, so why is his choice of new car a bad thing? It seems like you're not allowed to buy nice things if you're not playing well.

In regards to Van Gaal, if he has no confidence in his ability to turn this around, I'm unsure why the club would ask him to stay on. It's pretty damn worrying if our manager doesn't know what he can do to change anything. Either way, I'm sure he will leave after the Chelsea game.
Original post by NathanW18
I'm trying to understand why many on the internet seem to have a problem with this. It is his money, so why is his choice of new car a bad thing? It seems like you're not allowed to buy nice things if you're not playing well.

In regards to Van Gaal, if he has no confidence in his ability to turn this around, I'm unsure why the club would ask him to stay on. It's pretty damn worrying if our manager doesn't know what he can do to change anything. Either way, I'm sure he will leave after the Chelsea game.

We prob have no replacements lined up or prob trying to put everything in guardiola....tbh interms of preference:
1. A proven manager who plays attacking football and promotes youth
2.giggs/de boer(ajax manager)/rudi garcia(romas manager)/bielsa(no idea about him tbh)
3.mourinho (ppl think hes a guranteed sucess but nothing in football is ever guranteed)

Anyway hope we do better and sneak a 2 1 or 1 0, the players(everyone excluding smalling and ddg need to perform 20x better) id also say drop one of mata or memphis
Original post by scrawlx101
We prob have no replacements lined up or prob trying to put everything in guardiola....tbh interms of preference:
1. A proven manager who plays attacking football and promotes youth
2.giggs/de boer(ajax manager)/rudi garcia(romas manager)/bielsa(no idea about him tbh)
3.mourinho (ppl think hes a guranteed sucess but nothing in football is ever guranteed)

Anyway hope we do better and sneak a 2 1 or 1 0, the players(everyone excluding smalling and ddg need to perform 20x better) id also say drop one of mata or memphis

There has be no real suggestion that he'll join anybody but City, so that would be a dangerous tactic. Mourinho is available now and highly likely won't be in the summer.

I would still choose Guardiola over him in a perfect world, but the chance of it happening seems to be low atm. I still believe there are some question marks over Guardiola. We haven't seen him manage a non GOAT team yet. He hasn't had to build a new team.

I keep reading about a lot of fans wanting a manager that will promote youth, but who do we have that is worth promoting? We have not had any players come up from the academy to the first team that are top class in years.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Please tell me more about the thoughts of Sir Bobby.

Screw him? GTFOH.

I mean screw his opinion on the managerial situation. Yeah he has his right to an opinion. But screw it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think people are taking it that he only cares about the flashy lifestyle and blame that for his poor form.
I actually want us to lose now, just anything to hasten the departure of Van Gaal from the club, get Mourinho in ASAP so we can start turning our season around.
Original post by zKlown
I think people are taking it that he only cares about the flashy lifestyle and blame that for his poor form.

Possibly. I would personally never come to that conclusion. I mean, if I could afford what he has, I would buy it, too. Based on the interview he gave last week, it sounds like he's very committed to improving his game. He also stated that he's no party boy and he pretty much never goes out.

He has been poor so far, but I will not use the papers made up stories to try and conclude why that is.
Original post by WalkingAbortion
I actually want us to lose now, just anything to hasten the departure of Van Gaal from the club, get Mourinho in ASAP so we can start turning our season around.

What is this attitude of wanting us to lose? Thats counterproductive if we want top 4/a title change since we would move further down the table...
Possibly. I would personally never come to that conclusion. I mean, if I could afford what he has, I would buy it, too. Based on the interview he gave last week, it sounds like he's very committed to improving his game. He also stated that he's no party boy and he pretty much never goes out.

He has been poor so far, but I will not use the papers made up stories to try and conclude why that is.

I think hes still adapting tbh and prob needs to be eased in more rather then starting
Original post by WalkingAbortion

Lol at this mentality
Reply 1299
It's taken two and a half seasons for a lot of the fanbase to start thinking like this :lol:

It's only a matter of time before the Claude and Ty of united will be born, and will publicly humiliate the club with their fickle mentality like they've been doing for Arsenal recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest