The Student Room Group

I can't really gauge his interest...

On Christmas Eve this guy messaged me on OkCupid, I thought he was cute and I replied to his message. We exchanged a few messages short messages , I was surprised how quickly he responded to me to be honest. 2 days later he asked if I wanted to exchange numbers. I thought why not since he seemed like a nice guy and he asked so politely (At the back of my mind I was hoping he wasn't a creep).

He texted me a couple hours later (it was alot 10am) and said he wants to take me out for a drink sometime. I said I'm sure we can arrange something. We've just been having text conversations here and there, he tends to call me 'cutie' quite a bit.

He doesn't really say much, he responds really quickly sometimes and he asks questions back. When I texted him last night he said he was out and we could talk later (I thought he was fobbing me off),but he stuck to his word and messaged me a couple hours later.

Today he sent me a video of him playing an instrument and I just told him how awesome it sounded and that was that. I'm kind of nervous now I've seen a video of him (he's even more gorgeous than I originally thought) cos he might not like what he sees in person. I'm also worried we won't have anything to talk about him person since text conversations are not that great.

What are your thoughts?
Has he seen you through a video call by any chance?
Original post by Anonymous
On Christmas Eve this guy messaged me on OkCupid, I thought he was cute and I replied to his message. We exchanged a few messages short messages , I was surprised how quickly he responded to me to be honest. 2 days later he asked if I wanted to exchange numbers. I thought why not since he seemed like a nice guy and he asked so politely (At the back of my mind I was hoping he wasn't a creep).

He texted me a couple hours later (it was alot 10am) and said he wants to take me out for a drink sometime. I said I'm sure we can arrange something. We've just been having text conversations here and there, he tends to call me 'cutie' quite a bit.

He doesn't really say much, he responds really quickly sometimes and he asks questions back. When I texted him last night he said he was out and we could talk later (I thought he was fobbing me off),but he stuck to his word and messaged me a couple hours later.

Today he sent me a video of him playing an instrument and I just told him how awesome it sounded and that was that. I'm kind of nervous now I've seen a video of him (he's even more gorgeous than I originally thought) cos he might not like what he sees in person. I'm also worried we won't have anything to talk about him person since text conversations are not that great.

What are your thoughts?

Hasn't he already seen a picture of you on your OKcupid profile?

Get him talking about himself. Ask him what his interests are, for example, 'how long has he been playing that instrument', 'what music does he like?' 'bands?'. Who doesn't love talking about themselves? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by undine_monty
Hasn't he already seen a picture of you on your OKcupid profile?

Get him talking about himself. Ask him what his interests are, for example, 'how long has he been playing that instrument', 'what music does he like?' 'bands?'. Who doesn't love talking about themselves? :smile:

He has, but my pictures are like three years old (I'm talking like I've changed drastically in this time) lol. I've brought up those topics too,he said he's been playing the drums forever and when I asked what type of music he liked he replied with the genre then asked me back. The only time he ever expanded on something was when I wasn't specific about my job, he went off into one.
I'm stuck....and I'm someone that rarely ever struggle with conversations.
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
Has he seen you through a video call by any chance?

No not yet .
He has, but my pictures are like three years old (I'm talking like I've changed drastically in this time) lol. I've brought up those topics too,he said he's been playing the drums forever and when I asked what type of music he liked he replied with the genre then asked me back. The only time he ever expanded on something was when I wasn't specific about my job, he went off into one.
I'm stuck....and I'm someone that rarely ever struggle with conversations.

I think you should send him a recent pic otherwise you're just deceiving him because you look very different to the pics he has seen.

Do you have anything in common?

Do you have any funny stories you could tell him?

If you really can't make any sort of conversation with him over text, don't even bother in person, it would just be awkward.
No not yet .

Then you should make sure he isn't talking to a catfish. If he's infatuated towards you enough then I'm sure he won't mind seeing who you really are before you actually meet, so as to be safe.
Reply 7
I think you should send him a recent pic otherwise you're just deceiving him because you look very different to the pics he has seen.

Do you have anything in common?

Do you have any funny stories you could tell him?

If you really can't make any sort of conversation with him over text, don't even bother in person, it would just be awkward.

Lol when I said I'm talking like I've changed drastically, I literally mean I haven't changed much at all. Just have a different hairstyle and a bit of a tan. Maybe put on a pound or two,but it isn't noticeable. I haven't really been anywhere recently and I rarely take pictures. So I'm sure he won't be too shocked when he sees me. I just feel like crap atm.

So far we haven't even got that far. I have plenty of stories to tell if given the opportunity. It could be awkward however some people aren't really into texting, who knows he might be talkative over the phone and in person. I have my moments, but I'll make the effort for love interests.
Reply 8
Original post by shawn_o1
Then you should make sure he isn't talking to a catfish. If he's infatuated towards you enough then I'm sure he won't mind seeing who you really are before you actually meet, so as to be safe.

Lol make sure he isn't taking to a catfish. I know for certain I am not one. I have a feeling he isn't either and I'm usually pretty good at working these things out. However I will put this into play just to be safe.
Lol when I said I'm talking like I've changed drastically, I literally mean I haven't changed much at all. Just have a different hairstyle and a bit of a tan. Maybe put on a pound or two,but it isn't noticeable. I haven't really been anywhere recently and I rarely take pictures. So I'm sure he won't be too shocked when he sees me. I just feel like crap atm.

So far we haven't even got that far. I have plenty of stories to tell if given the opportunity. It could be awkward however some people aren't really into texting, who knows he might be talkative over the phone and in person. I have my moments, but I'll make the effort for love interests.

Maybe you're right about talking on the phone and in person.

I wish you well, and I hope things work out well for you and OkCupid guy :h:
Maybe you're right about talking on the phone and in person.

I wish you well, and I hope things work out well for you and OkCupid guy :h:

Haha thank you. I hope so too, it's about time something good happened to me.
Bump
How much has happened since OP?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending