The Student Room Group

New OCR Biology Spec 2015

what's the best way to revise for the new spec or just an OCR biology exam in general?

I was thinking I should just learn the whole textbook off by heart in short (and obviously do exam questions), since I've heard OCR are really ****ing crazy and even give questions on the exam that aren't in the spec...

I just want to be safe and prepared as possible, what do you think?
Hi I do ocr as well and I will be doing the same but make notes from the spec.
Hey does any one want to team up with me in creating flashcards which contains past papers questions with the mark scheme at the back?
I am doing this because after researching, to get an A, they say PAST PAPERS and memorise the mark scheme so i am doing just that, with additional notes.
But i want to finish before resumption so everything is set for exam use.
Anyone? i have already started (cram.com: FLorenceAshaye) just what someone to help?

Florence
Reply 3
Original post by Iamflorence
Hey does any one want to team up with me in creating flashcards which contains past papers questions with the mark scheme at the back?
I am doing this because after researching, to get an A, they say PAST PAPERS and memorise the mark scheme so i am doing just that, with additional notes.
But i want to finish before resumption so everything is set for exam use.
Anyone? i have already started (cram.com: FLorenceAshaye) just what someone to help?

Florence

i will

edit: how do i add to ur existing flashcards?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by batoot
I've heard OCR are really ****ing crazy and even give questions on the exam that aren't in the spec...

They only go outside of the spec if they've given you enough information to work with. Basically, they tell you something about a process/animal/etc you've never heard of, then they expect you to use your own knowledge, and what they've told you, to answer the question.
Don't sweat it!
Original post by batoot
i will

edit: how do i add to ur existing flashcards?

Thats great! Why dont you set up your own account. Joining the flashcards up just take one button! i havent really organised mine!
I will do papers: jan09 jun09 jan10 and jun10 by the end of the week.
Which ones will you do?
Reply 6
Thats great! Why dont you set up your own account. Joining the flashcards up just take one button! i havent really organised mine!
I will do papers: jan09 jun09 jan10 and jun10 by the end of the week.
Which ones will you do?

ok ill do jan 2011 and june 2011 definately
anymore ill let u know

also r u just doing f211 because i haven't covered any of the rest in school yet
Original post by batoot
anymore ill let u know

also r u just doing f211 because i haven't covered any of the rest in school yet

Yeah just f211.
I should finish 2009s by tonight!
thanks
Original post by batoot
anymore ill let u know

also there are 2 other people who joining so am about to create a group
Whats your cram.com name?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
also there are 2 other people who joining so am about to create a group
Whats your cram.com name?

username is buffting
:') really? buff ting! well sorry boss lol
Original post by batoot
username is buffting
:':wink: really? buff ting! well sorry boss lol

i cant find you! add me if you can
FLorenceashaye
Reply 12
i cant find you! add me if you can
FLorenceashaye

probably because I haven't created a set yet
here's a link to the one i started: http://www.cram.com/flashcards/f211-june-2011-6660817
still incomplete though

edit: u can get my user from the link cause idk how to add someone on there :/ sorry
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by batoot
probably because I haven't created a set yet
here's a link to the one i started: http://www.cram.com/flashcards/f211-june-2011-6660817
still incomplete though

edit: u can get my user from the link cause idk how to add someone on there :/ sorry

LOOKING GREAT! well done!!!!!!!!
i just gave it a 5 star and favourite
Reply 14
LOOKING GREAT! well done!!!!!!!!
i just gave it a 5 star and favourite

thnx man :u:
I don't take biology but I'm hoping my school will let me take it after the first term, if I do I will be in desperate need of some help to catch up, can I contact you to use the flashcards if I need them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by batoot

Hey i just wanted to know how things are going?
Original post by batoot
what's the best way to revise for the new spec or just an OCR biology exam in general?

I was thinking I should just learn the whole textbook off by heart in short (and obviously do exam questions), since I've heard OCR are really ****ing crazy and even give questions on the exam that aren't in the spec...

I just want to be safe and prepared as possible, what do you think?

There is a new site it's called technocrat notes. Search it in google. it helps a lot.
Original post by batoot

Hey its the flashcard girl, do you have an email to show you want i have done?

Quick Reply

Latest