The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nickname_esco
What do you mean by "W/E"??

Also does anyone know what the MMI's at warwick are based on. e.g. is one station on work experience etc. Has this been announced by the uni?

I think they mean work experience.

All the information is on their website: https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/med/study/ugr/applying/selectioncentre/
Original post by lcsurfer
Its nothing surprising. All obvious things you'd expect from a medical school interview...
why medicine, W/E, why Kings etc as MMI stations... unless its drastically changed since i did mine 3 years ago, just relax and enjoy it, show your personality and have a sense of humour! I had an interviewer laugh at me because of the huge hole I dug myself, but I got in

Thank you!! Were you not given any passages or scenarios to read beforehand or anything? I've heard from a medic at king's that they like ethics questions...
Plymouth sent me an email today wishing me Merry Christmas. Bit of a kick in the teeth keeping me on their mailing list when I have been rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DoeADeer
Thank you!! Were you not given any passages or scenarios to read beforehand or anything? I've heard from a medic at king's that they like ethics questions...

Yeah given 2 things to read one ethics then 1 current affairs then there were stations on both of those. Again just use common sense, they give you paper to write on notes, you can take it in if you want too, i didn't bother

Original post by nickname_esco
What do you mean by "W/E"??

Also does anyone know what the MMI's at warwick are based on. e.g. is one station on work experience etc. Has this been announced by the uni?

Work experience
Again just expect the normal type of questions - I did the selection centre at Warwick years ago
Original post by lyra1987
Plymouth sent me an email today wishing me Merry Christmas. Bit of a kick in the teeth keeping me on their mailing list when I have been rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha ha ditto :smile: I got a little excited when they sent me a mail thinking "what if?!" but alas it was a merry christmas :smile: though thought it was a nice touch! :smile:
Nice sentiment. But the message combines with the lack of update on track leads to false hope. I know I am not getting a late offer of interview from Plymouth. But the email sparked a little glimmer of hope none the less.
Original post by lcsurfer
Yeah given 2 things to read one ethics then 1 current affairs then there were stations on both of those. Again just use common sense, they give you paper to write on notes, you can take it in if you want too, i didn't bother

Work experience
Again just expect the normal type of questions - I did the selection centre at Warwick years ago

The ethics and current affairs information you were given, was that in the days before the interview or was it given to you while you were at the selection centre?
Original post by LilithSternin
The ethics and current affairs information you were given, was that in the days before the interview or was it given to you while you were at the selection centre?

before the interview/MMi started... 30 mins prior you have to turn up and they give it to you then to read through

Generic advise... common sense isn't all that common so find some, be smiley, show some humour and your personality, enjoy it!
People going for warwick interviews, are you bringing any kind of portfolio or reflective pieces, or anything like that?
Original post by Richardjamesford
People going for warwick interviews, are you bringing any kind of portfolio or reflective pieces, or anything like that?

I'm just bringing what they asked for. Work experience forms, the documents for DBS checks and the original and photocopy of my degree certificate. A portfolio may come across the wrong way.
Original post by liam__
I'm just bringing what they asked for. Work experience forms, the documents for DBS checks and the original and photocopy of my degree certificate. A portfolio may come across the wrong way.

Yup, this is what I am bringing too, it's in a binder to keep it neat and tidy but I haven't included reflections or anything like that.
Has anyone heard anything from Bristol graduate entry?
How long on average does it take to hear back regarding the decision on whether or not we've received an offer after the interview? I'm most interested in King's... I have not yet had my interview, I'm just quite eager haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daisyblah
Has anyone heard anything from Bristol graduate entry?

I had an interview in early December but nothing since then. I've seen another Bristol GEM applicant who hasn't heard anything last time we spoke! Bristol are the reason I have trust issues. How about you?
Hi guys,

I've got my Warwick interview on the 9th and Newcastle on the 11th (gonna be an intense few days...). I've just looked at the trains and they're not great (replacement bus between Darlington and Newcastle) so I'm going to drive up from Leamington Spa to Newcastle on Sunday 10th Jan. If anyone else needs to make the same journey or lives somewhere along the route e.g. Leicester, Sheffield, Leeds, you're welcome to hop in with me - just give me a shout.

Cheers
Original post by gradmed1989
Hi guys,

I've got my Warwick interview on the 9th and Newcastle on the 11th (gonna be an intense few days...). I've just looked at the trains and they're not great (replacement bus between Darlington and Newcastle) so I'm going to drive up from Leamington Spa to Newcastle on Sunday 10th Jan. If anyone else needs to make the same journey or lives somewhere along the route e.g. Leicester, Sheffield, Leeds, you're welcome to hop in with me - just give me a shout.

Cheers

Aw mate just booked my train :'(
Original post by Clunkles
Aw mate just booked my train :'(

Doh! Maybe see you there then...
Original post by gradmed1989
Hi guys,

Cheers

How come there's a replacement bus between Darlington and Newcastle? I'm from Newcastle myself and haven't heard of any problems. Makes me worried for getting back up from my King's interview!
My interview prep has been learning this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snO68aJTOpM
It's handy in case there are any awkward silences I need to fill.
"So, why have you chosen KCL?"
"..."
"...Cerebellum left, cerebellum right!..."
Original post by Creatingchaos
How come there's a replacement bus between Darlington and Newcastle? I'm from Newcastle myself and haven't heard of any problems. Makes me worried for getting back up from my King's interview!

According to the national rail website there's engineering work between Durham and Darlington. It's only for the weekend of the 9th/10th as far as I can tell...hope that doesn't bugger up your journey to/from King's!

Quick Reply