The Student Room Group

Britain's largest sperm bank bans dyslexic, autistic and ADHD men's sperm.

Britain's largest sperm bank bans men with dyslexia, autism and ADHD from donating, triggering outrage over 'eugenics'

London Sperm Bank admits it screens men for 'neurological conditions'

These include dyslexia, ADHD, autism and Asperger's syndrome

Campaigners have accused the clinic of 'eugenics' - attempting to genetically improve the human race

Fertility watchdog has launched investigation in light of the claims

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3377811/Britain-s-largest-sperm-bank-bans-men-dyslexia-autism-ADHD-donating-triggering-outrage-eugenics.html

this seems like a gateway to breeding out black and brown people in Western countries. Am I right to be worried about this?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Personally I don't see anything wrong with what they've done. Strange world where attempting to "improve the human race" is used as a criticism.

(I'm going to ignore your attempt to turn this into a race thing.)
:lolwut:
Fair enough.
So?

Women select partner based on attributes they like, why is that not seen as eugenics?
That's disgusting and morally repulsive.

Furthermore I am dislexic and have highest grades in my class.

Also ""genetically improve the human race" lolzzzzzzzz - there are so many peasents I know, insignificant people even.
Reply 6
I really don't see the outrage. No one gets pregnant and hopes their baby has dyslexia or something. Everyone wants a healthy baby with no disorders. Meaning that if you need to chose a father and are given a choice between someone with no problems and someone with ADHD, you'll probably take the first one.

As for breeding out black and brown people, that would be pretty hard to do as they would have to ban them too and any black or brown women who wanted to use sperm donated. Which you couldn't explain like not taking donations from people with disorders
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by A Serious Man
So?

Women select partner based on attributes they like, why is that not seen as eugenics?

Doesn't everyone do that lolzzzz.
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
That's disgusting and morally repulsive.

Furthermore I am dislexic and have highest grades in my class.

Also ""genetically improve the human race" lolzzzzzzzz - there are so many peasents I know, insignificant people even.

you sure ain't lying there
Reply 9
Original post by Danny McCoyne
Frankly, I'm not outraged about this because they are banning men on the autistic spectrum but because this seems like a gateway to breeding out black and brown people in Western countries. Am I right to be worried about this?

Uh... bit of a leap there, don't ya think?
Original post by Mayhem™

I am so going to hell for laughing at this.
Everybody is ADHD to some extent....
Reply 12
excellent
I would also ban men with low IQ
Original post by Mayhem™

point?
Original post by Danny McCoyne

Frankly, I'm not outraged about this because they are banning men on the autistic spectrum but because this seems like a gateway to breeding out black and brown people in Western countries. Am I right to be worried about this?

WTF are you even saying?

This article makes no mention of race, and has nothing to do with race.
Original post by Alexion
Uh... bit of a leap there, don't ya think?

Really? Where does one draw the line?
Debateable, I always thought parents especially the mothers/fathers who use spermbanks - where it may not really be their child perhaps, should love their "children" regardless.

The whole thing is too messy, I would say adoption is a more viable solution.

p.s. Are you in faze clan?
Original post by Zweihander
WTF are you even saying?

This article makes no mention of race, and has nothing to do with race.

You have to read between the lines, black people who suffer from neurological conditions like autism are doubly oppressed since children from minority backgrounds experience reading and writing related issues as English is not their first language which is then diagnosed as dyslexia and so forth.
Original post by Mayhem™

That's absolutely low and outright despicable.
Reply 19
Nah, then she wouldn't get her free laptop.

Oh wait, that wasn't powerful enough, was it @Mihael_Keehl?

Latest

Trending

Trending