The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tyraelis
Has anyone gotten an offer from the Biology department? I know they select students by departments, and I haven't heard anything. Maybe the bio department waits a while? Anxious!

I got an unconditional offer for molecular biology a couple weeks ago, but I'm an international applicant, and I know they tend to let international applicants know much sooner than UK applicants. Good luck though, I hope you hear from them soon!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 301
So...anyone recently received interviews for medicine? I haven't heard from St Andrews at all...
I recieved one for international medicine foundation (cifp)
Reply 303
I have received a taught master offer from St. Andrews.
Has anyone received any offers for psychology?
Original post by woahjvck
Congrats!! What college did you apply to?

College? I didn't think there were colleges at St Andrews? Sorry if I'm being a tad stupid but I'm confused :colondollar:
Original post by SejongtheGreat

Yeah, I received an offer for psychology on the 15th :smile:
Original post by niamhscarlett
Yeah, I received an offer for psychology on the 15th :smile:

Congrats! How long did it take you to get a result?
College? I didn't think there were colleges at St Andrews? Sorry if I'm being a tad stupid but I'm confused :colondollar:

thought this was the durham thread!! keep getting notifications from both:u:
(edited 8 years ago)

thought this was the durham thread!! keep getting notifications from both:u:

Technically St Andrews does have colleges, but not in the same way as Durham or Oxbridge. All undergrads are formally members of United College, and postgrads of St Leonard's College. There's also St Mary's College, which is the Faculty of Divinity.

Congrats on your offers! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Congrats! How long did it take you to get a result?

I applied on the 7th of October so a solid couple of months waiting. :P Still, I was surprised because I thought they only started giving out offers after the January deadline. c:
It's a conditional offer for AAA. I wasn't told much after the initial email and I'm a UK student too

Ah brilliant thanks for this. Well done :smile:
What courses do St Andrew's give unconditionals for? I didn't know that they gave them at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for International Relations and Russian. Anyone with anything in either department heard anything back?

Cheers
Original post by classicslily
What courses do St Andrew's give unconditionals for? I didn't know that they gave them at all
Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely they've already completed their A-levels. As by having the grades, they've met the conditions. I seriously doubt whether you'd see St Andrews dolling out unconditionals in any other circumstances. Are you hoping for one?

Hope that's cleared things up
Original post by Flaubertshowbear
Most likely they've already completed their A-levels. As by having the grades, they've met the conditions. I seriously doubt whether you'd see St Andrews dolling out unconditionals in any other circumstances. Are you hoping for one?

Hope that's cleared things up

I certainly wouldn't turn one down 😂 thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by classicslily
I certainly wouldn't turn one down 😂 thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scottish students can get unconditional offers based on their Highers

I got an offer on December 15th
I'm applying for Spanish, Russian and International Relations! Still waiting on an offer though...
Good evening to all you potential St Andreans,

Please do not stress if you have not yet received an offer. Typically, St Andrews give out offers after the passing of the UCAS deadline. Last year I applied prior to the Oxbridge deadline and did not hear from St Andrews until the end of January. Even then, a few acquaintances of mine were waiting until mid-March before they received offers.

Because it is a small town and an exceptional university, there are a lot more qualified students than places hence departments read personal statements which is not a two minute job.

If you have any general questions feel free to ask - I'm a student ambassador so I can help or direct you to the relevant department or office.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending