The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Always a shame to see Boxing Day fixtures cancelled because it's such a good day for football across the UK, but there seems to be a fair few more this year up North. Disappointing for those fans.

Lots of flooding around Lancashire & Yorkshire, with several severe warnings issued.

Rotherham heaping more misery on Bolton as they take the lead in what I expect to be a crucial 6-pointer. Rotherham have hot their stride recently, Redfearn building them up nicely.

4th place Hull lead 5th place Burnley too
Derby going top if they keep their lead and take the three points, owing to Middlesbrough's postponement.
Eastbourne Town fans celebrating a 1-0 win against Eastbourne Utd

Image isn't working :frown:

http://imgur.com/YkMmUT6
Millwall absolutely battered a Southend side who, prior to kick off, were a mere point off the play-offs in League One. Heck of a win for Neil Harris away from home. 4-0.
Cracking win for Bolton. They're still going down, but cracking none the less.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Cracking win for Bolton. They're still going down, but cracking none the less.

Couldn't be a much better day for them, given the confirmation that their players will be paid tomorrow.
That Sergi Canos goal for Brentford was a delight. My favourite finish of the weekend, but Reading boasted a great team move at the other end too.
Mr Cellino banning Sky TV cameras from the ground. Much as I dislike Sky the ban should be on Mr Cellino instead.
Reply 4909
*Leeds start finding form*

*Massimo pipes up with more lunacy because he isn't the centre of attention*

*Players, staff and manager become unsettled*

*Leeds lose form*
Absolutley ****e performance from Bradford we had played well untill yesterday, that performance was truly poor, I really dont know why Hanson is still the main striker he has no drive and needs to be dropped. If PP doesnt get us promoted this season he needs to go aswell. Had a decent run before that. Oh if we do go up PP tactics arent going to work I dont know wtf the board cant see this. !:angry::angry::angry:.

What does anyone else think of Bradford performance so far ? Playoffs in site but dont see it happening
Legally Leeds cannot ban the sky cameras
Original post by Rock Fan

The legality of a situation hasn't stopped him doing something before.

Anyway, it appears it was just a scare tactic and to prove a point. Sky are coming in.
Original post by redleader1
Absolutley ****e performance from Bradford we had played well untill yesterday, that performance was truly poor, I really dont know why Hanson is still the main striker he has no drive and needs to be dropped. If PP doesnt get us promoted this season he needs to go aswell. Had a decent run before that. Oh if we do go up PP tactics arent going to work I dont know wtf the board cant see this. !:angry::angry::angry:.

What does anyone else think of Bradford performance so far ? Playoffs in site but dont see it happening

Bradford looked fairly decent at the Proact the other week, certainly not automatic promotion contenders as I had you down at the start of the season but I certainly think you can challenge for the play offs.
Original post by joddcfc
Bradford looked fairly decent at the Proact the other week, certainly not automatic promotion contenders as I had you down at the start of the season but I certainly think you can challenge for the play offs.

Really !? How come you had us down as automatic promotion initially ? Tbh its not the manager PP is good however its the quality in the players, like when we had Nahki Wells were on fire, its the same when we have decent Championship player ie Adam Reach.
Sheffield United will be investigating reports that their fans got involved in some racist chanting at Bramall Lane, apparently.

Horrible if true - but there's idiots in every fanbase.
Original post by Rock Fan

Mr Cellino should face a disrepute charge regardless, for his plan to ban the cameras in the first place. And Ken Bates should be banned from football too, as he is partly the architect of the current problems at Leeds.
Original post by barnetlad
Mr Cellino should face a disrepute charge regardless, for his plan to ban the cameras in the first place. And Ken Bates should be banned from football too, as he is partly the architect of the current problems at Leeds.

Suspect he will be hearing more about this even though Sky did get into Elland Road in the end.
Original post by redleader1
Really !? How come you had us down as automatic promotion initially ? Tbh its not the manager PP is good however its the quality in the players, like when we had Nahki Wells were on fire, its the same when we have decent Championship player ie Adam Reach.

Signings like Marshall, McMahon, Davies, Anderson, James, etc looked fairly decent, plus when I made my prediction I think there was still time for more signings which may have been possibly with the supposed increased budget and (although it may have little effect) the 16k+ crowds you're getting this season.

Looking forward to the final day of the season at Valley Parade actually,hopefully a nothing game for us though. Visited 15 grounds last season and VP had the best atmosphere and that was a Tuesday night probably at little over half capacity so I know we'd bottle it in front of potentially 20k fans in a relegation decider:laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest