The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by urbanforestry
Congratulations! I think Cardiff will be my firm, I'm still waiting to hear back from Leicester though which I also really like :biggrin: what about you?? And where else have you applied??

I'm thinking Warwick as my firm at the minute, but still not fully decided :biggrin: I very nearly picked Leicester over Cardiff when applying!! Warwick, QMuL, Kent and Portsmouth, you??
I got an offer from Essex within 4 days of them receiving my application, which was sent on the 23rd Nov, and by 17th December I had offers from:
Essex
Brighton
LSE
Exeter
(In that order) I'm waiting on Surrey now.
Original post by smegsxo
I got an offer from Essex within 4 days of them receiving my application, which was sent on the 23rd Nov, and by 17th December I had offers from:
Essex
Brighton
LSE
Exeter
(In that order) I'm waiting on Surrey now.

Which course did you apply for in LSE? How come they give you an offer so fast lol shouldn't it take minimum 8 weeks?
So far I've heard back from QMUL, KCL and UCL for English. Queen Mary want AAB but UCL and KCL only want AA. I'm still waiting on Oxford and Warwick (for English and Creative Writing). But if the latter two don't work out then I think I'm gonna firm KCL and insure UCL :smile:
Original post by kelvin1338
Which course did you apply for in LSE? How come they give you an offer so fast lol shouldn't it take minimum 8 weeks?

Sociology, I got the 8 week email on the 7th December but an offer 10 days later, I don't think it is meant to take any specific length of time but it can take up to 8 weeks or more for them to make a decision. :smile:
Original post by rvas
What about Exeter and Bristol for Psychology?? :colondollar:

I got an offer from bristol for psychology and my friend for biology...
I've now chosen my firm and insurance choice for Physics. I applied to:

York (MPhys Physics with Astrophysics)
Bristol (MPhys Physics)
Liverpool (Bsc Physics)
Liverpool (Bsc Physics with Astronomy)
Cardiff (MPhys Physics)

I applied on the 13th of November at about 11:40 am ish. Over the weekend I heard nothing, but I hear they don't send out offer over the weekend (which is reasonable)

On Monday at about 2:40pm I got an interview invite for York MPhys Physics with Astrophysics. The interview was on the 30th of November. After the interview, my offer came 2 weeks later.

Liverpool were the 2nd quickest response, as they responded at about 6pm on the Monday after I applied. (I applied here twice 1 and both offers came consecutively within about 2 hours.)

After these 3, there was silence until 1 month and 4 days after my application, on the 17th of December. On this day I received an offer from Bristol for MPhys Physics.

After this, I withdrew from my final choice, Cardiff, as I already knew that I wanted my firm and insurance choices to be Bristol and Liverpool.
Reply 1907
has anyone applied to Leeds for Business Management received their offers yet? if so, in how many days/weeks?
My school still hasn't sent off my ucas application for economics, getting worried now. Anyone got offers or know how long the following universities take to reply:
Warwick
Leeds (uni of)
York
Lancaster
Sheffield

Original post by HannahI15
ot an offer from QMUL this morning!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which course Hannah?
Sent my application off on October 15 and haven't had any updates since November 16. Got two offers from Bath and Warwick in last week of October and a rejection from Imperial on 16th. :s
Heard from all my Universities now!
I have offers for BA Hons Music from (these are all conditional) :
Plymouth (260 UCAS points)
Sussex (BBB if firm choice, ABB if insurance)
Anglia Ruskin (260 UCAS points with a B in music)
And I have interviews with Cardiff and Lincoln *Mini Celebration*
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Maraio1
Hello Everybody,
Hope everyone's UCAS' application is going well but I'm really annoyed and confused at Sussex at the moment. I applied on the 14th of October and then received the 'We're looking at your application' on the 15th and then I've had nothing since. And this is really annoying as I really want to go there and will put it as my number 1 when I get an offer.
I know they can take a long time but nearly 8 weeks is really long!
I'm applying for Physics with the research placement over the summer so I don't know if that's causing it to slow down but for what ever reason it's taking an age to come through. And I'm a top achiever, with 4A's last year and predicted A*A*A* this year in Maths, Further Maths and Physics so that wouldn't stop me from getting an offer so I'm really confused and looking for some advice on what to do really, wait it out or try to contact Sussex to see why it's taking so long!
Really appreciate any help you can give me,
Maraio1

Hiya! Some universities are being really slow this year! My friend applied to southampton with A*A*A prediction and still hasn't heard! She applied October 14th :smile: I wouldn't panic! Good luck! (Also, your grades are amazing!)
Original post by chloe.wilson
My school still hasn't sent off my ucas application for economics, getting worried now. Anyone got offers or know how long the following universities take to reply:
Warwick
Leeds (uni of)
York
Lancaster
Sheffield

I applied to York and got an offer a week later. hope this helps :smile:
Original post by jamix
How long does Edinburgh usually take to reply? I sent my application off on November 6th and so far I've received offers from Leeds (AAB), Liverpool (ABB) and an unconditional from Leeds Beckett. I'm applying for Pharmacology btw

I personally didn't apply for Edinburgh but my friend did and she got an offer for geography in November. It all depends on which course you have applied for though so I wouldn't worry. No one else at my school has had an offer from them yet.
I know Leeds University will be giving offers after January 15th, but Swansea are taking the p***. Anyone know how long they take?
I got offers from northampton (human bioscience), Coventry (human bioscience) and hull (human biology) all within 8 days of applying.
Original post by Platopus
I personally didn't apply for Edinburgh but my friend did and she got an offer for geography in November. It all depends on which course you have applied for though so I wouldn't worry. No one else at my school has had an offer from them yet.

When did she send her application?
Original post by chloe.wilson
Warwick
Leeds (uni of)
York
Lancaster
Sheffield

Warwick is usually super speedy. I got my offer within the day. York applicants tend to get their offers about a week after applying. Not sure about the others.
Original post by slothonist
When did she send her application?

Not sure... Early Nov I think. They got back to her within like a week but as I say she applied for geography so it's a different department.

Latest

Trending

Trending