The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by cosmicsparrow
Exeter Leeds Kent and Liverpool so no, none of them are as well respected as Bristol :frown: I chose pretty safe options but after getting 4/5 I realised I wasn't happy with any of the choices I chose :frown:

I applied to S'oton, and now i'm not sure after receiving an offer. Also hoping on Bristol.

Good luck mate.
Original post by Bobkata
Congrats on your offer! When did you apply and when did UCL get back to you?

Thanks! I applied on the 29th September, and took the LNAT on the 20th October. I got an offer on about the 22nd November (off the top of my head)
Original post by NOP97
I applied to S'oton, and now i'm not sure after receiving an offer. Also hoping on Bristol.

Good luck mate.

Thank! Likewise - where else do you have offers from?
Does anyone have an offer from Bristol who applied beginning of December(ish)?
Exeter Leeds Kent and Liverpool so no, none of them are as well respected as Bristol :frown: I chose pretty safe options but after getting 4/5 I realised I wasn't happy with any of the choices I chose :frown:

I think it isn't worth it to waste a whole year, surely Exeter and Leeds aren't that bad?
Original post by 0123456543210
I think it isn't worth it to waste a whole year, surely Exeter and Leeds aren't that bad?

They're awful for law :frown:
Original post by joshywins
Does anyone have an offer from Bristol who applied beginning of December(ish)?

Mate you've got a loooooooooong wait ahead of you
They're awful for law :frown:

Statistically, Leeds and Exeter make the most solicitors in their respective geographical areas, so they can't be that bad. Exeter actually makes more solicitors than Bristol in the south-west, but Bristol is more heavily represented in the London firms. Also, they seem to be the best non-LNAT universities.
Reply 888
Original post by Lozzerpurple98
Considering I flopped one of my AS subjects I'm happy, Bristol gave me AAA or A*AB, have you applied there?

Yes I did.
So did I! I hope I get that offer too, still waiting. I love Christmas break but knowing I won't hear until at least the 5th again is long
Reply 889
Got conditionals from Leeds, Exeter, Newcastle, Warwick and Liverpool. What are you going to firm?

If I get an offer from Bristol, I will most likely firm them, what about you?
Reply 890
Original post by gelato72
How long did it take for Birmingham to give you an offer?

I sent my ucas off the 20th October and did my LNAT 21st November and got my offer 9th December :smile:
What about Manchester? Is it a good university for law? Statistically, Manchester stays above places like Warwick and is in top 5 for legal careers. Do you agree?
Original post by dodo15
If I get an offer from Bristol, I will most likely firm them, what about you?

I really like the look of Exeter and Newcastle whereas Warwick seems a bit lifeless, so I'll firm one of them.
Statistically, Leeds and Exeter make the most solicitors in their respective geographical areas, so they can't be that bad. Exeter actually makes more solicitors than Bristol in the south-west, but Bristol is more heavily represented in the London firms. Also, they seem to be the best non-LNAT universities.

Oh interesting! In that case, what are you picking? I'm leaning towards Leeds as Exeter looks a bit lifeless haha
Oh interesting! In that case, what are you picking? I'm leaning towards Leeds as Exeter looks a bit lifeless haha

:biggrin: I personally liked the look of Exeter because it seems to be quieter than Leeds, but Leeds is a nice student city and got links with many regional law firms. In addition to that, I am seriously considering Newcastle, so I guess I need to visit all of them to make up the decision.
Btw http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf seems like a reasonably accurate statistic on which universities are strongly represented in the different types of law firms.
Original post by Bobkata
What about Manchester? Is it a good university for law? Statistically, Manchester stays above places like Warwick and is in top 5 for legal careers. Do you agree?

Manchester is supposed to be good for Law. I have an offer from there :smile: Have you?
Original post by Bobkata

To be honest, I think that at such a level differences between universities are negligible, as one may be marginally better at one thing and another uni may be better in some other aspect. Unis that are in the RG but not in Oxbridge and London leagues seem to be pretty similar and seen as such by the majority of employers.
Original post by connieiscrazy
Manchester is supposed to be good for Law. I have an offer from there :smile: Have you?

I have an offer, too. What are your other choices? :smile:
To be honest, I think that at such a level differences between universities are negligible, as one may be marginally better at one thing and another uni may be better in some other aspect. Unis that are in the RG but not in Oxbridge and London leagues seem to be pretty similar and seen as such by the majority of employers.

Totally agree with you :biggrin:
Original post by Bobkata
I have an offer, too. What are your other choices? :smile:

Newcastle (unconditional offer), Durham, Nottingham and Oxford (still waiting for the last three). Wbu??

Latest

Trending

Trending