The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by connieiscrazy
Newcastle (unconditional offer), Durham, Nottingham and Oxford (still waiting for the last three). Wbu??

Did you get an interview for Oxford?
Newcastle (unconditional offer), Durham, Nottingham and Oxford (still waiting for the last three). Wbu??

Haha I have an offer from Newcastle too. Also, still waiting for Durham :biggrin: My other choices are Sheffield (offer) and UCL (pending :biggrin: ) good luck
Original post by Cholesta
Did you get an interview for Oxford?

Yeah, I did, at St Hugh's :smile:

Original post by Bobkata
Haha I have an offer from Newcastle too. Also, still waiting for Durham :biggrin: My other choices are Sheffield (offer) and UCL (pending :biggrin: ) good luck

Good luck! I really want to hear back from Durham as it's my second choice after Oxford (so basically my first as Oxford is unlikely anyway :tongue:)
Original post by 0123456543210
:biggrin: I personally liked the look of Exeter because it seems to be quieter than Leeds, but Leeds is a nice student city and got links with many regional law firms. In addition to that, I am seriously considering Newcastle, so I guess I need to visit all of them to make up the decision.
Btw http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf seems like a reasonably accurate statistic on which universities are strongly represented in the different types of law firms.

Cheers for this! Sadly, I've got my heart set on Bristol and I'll be shattered once I get a rejection however with that being said, I've got the appreciate the fact that Leeds has given me and offer and it is still a great university with great graduate prospects.
Original post by cosmicsparrow
Cheers for this! Sadly, I've got my heart set on Bristol and I'll be shattered once I get a rejection however with that being said, I've got the appreciate the fact that Leeds has given me and offer and it is still a great university with great graduate prospects.

I am sure you will get into Bristol. Good luck!
Yeah, I did, at St Hugh's :smile:

Good luck 🍀Hope it's good news in January.

Good luck! I really want to hear back from Durham as it's my second choice after Oxford (so basically my first as Oxford is unlikely anyway :tongue:)

Good luck🍀Hope it's good news, in January.
Original post by 0123456543210
I am sure you will get into Bristol. Good luck!

Likewise! Thank you very much! But I MESSED UP big time on the LNAT so not hoepful 😂😂
Likewise! Thank you very much! But I MESSED UP big time on the LNAT so not hoepful 😂😂

Most of the people I know who did LNAT felt like they didn't do well, so I think this may be due to the difficulty of the exam and because people weren't used to it. Anyway, Leeds seems like a great university so you should be fine.
Original post by dodo15
I sent my ucas off the 20th October and did my LNAT 21st November and got my offer 9th December :smile:

ooh thanks for that! Congratulations on your offer :biggrin:
Reply 909
I applied for Law with French or French Law at KCL, Oxford, Exeter, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Exeter - conditional AAA
Glasgow - unconditional
Oxford - Interview at university college
Original post by Mon :)
I applied for Law with French or French Law at KCL, Oxford, Exeter, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Exeter - conditional AAA
Glasgow - unconditional

Why has everyone got an Exeter offer of AAA?! They gave me AAB 😂
Reply 911
Why has everyone got an Exeter offer of AAA?! They gave me AAB 😂

Im so jealous 😂 im doing Scottish advanced highers though so they may be weighted differently

Exeter - conditional AAA
Glasgow - unconditional

Mateeeee we doing the same course :wink:

I got the same for Exeter, interview at Worcester College Oxford (what a bloody waste of time), AAA Nottingham, unconditional Birmingham and a scholarship off at KCL.

Big congrats to you, especially your unconditional and Oxford interview!
Im so jealous 😂 im doing Scottish advanced highers though so they may be weighted differently

Haha I've heard Scottish AH are actually harder in some respects 😅Exeter probably felt bad for me because I got pretty bad AS levels and they probably thought I wouldn't be capable of getting AAA. 😂😣😂
scottish advanced highers are sooo bad
Reply 915
Original post by kateaustins
Mateeeee we doing the same course :wink:

I got the same for Exeter, interview at Worcester College Oxford (what a bloody waste of time), AAA Nottingham, unconditional Birmingham and a scholarship off at KCL.

Big congrats to you, especially your unconditional and Oxford interview!

Aww thank you so much 😘 and congratulations to you too obviously
Do you guys have any idea when Durham and UCL will get back to us? :biggrin: Have you seen recent years when they start giving out offers/rejections? (sent off my application on 18th November and sat the LNAT on 25th same month). Thank you
Original post by Bobkata
Do you guys have any idea when Durham and UCL will get back to us? :biggrin: Have you seen recent years when they start giving out offers/rejections? (sent off my application on 18th November and sat the LNAT on 25th same month). Thank you

I heard back from Durham a few days before Christmas and I applied back in September so you may have a long wait, sorry!
Has anyone got an offer from KCL for law? If so, could you please tell me your grades, and how your LNAT went? (I'm sitting mine this Thursday and am pretty nervous)
Anyone know when Unis will reopen and start giving out offers/rejections this year? 😅

Latest

Trending

Trending