The Student Room Group

Revision tips

Hello, I have tried a lot of revision tips . I've tried flash cards , power points , mind spa, posters, mnemonics and all sorts . If you all could share your revision methods , maybe if come across something I haven't tried and it maybe could work for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gretasaripova
Hello, I have tried a lot of revision tips . I've tried flash cards , power points , mind spa, posters, mnemonics and all sorts . If you all could share your revision methods , maybe if come across something I haven't tried and it maybe could work for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What works for me is writing things down loads and loads of times and hoping it sticks! :smile:
I do subject sheets in which I either type on Photoshop or write on A3 paper with colour and pictures all the things I need to know for that area of study.
E.g if it was Biology, I would look at the revision list and sum up what I need to know for each my pointer. I make it as attractive as possible and then put one copy in my book and then put one copy of my wall. After a while it because an easy way to read what you need to know without flicking through loads of notes.

I too find flashcards helpful with many for subjects I struggle with.

The most important thing for me is simple and portable; flashcards and review pages therefor, I find is the easiest way to revise.
Hope this helped.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Have you tried teaching something you've learnt to someone? Or you could get someone who you know is in your class to teach you an area you are unsure on?
Original post by gretasaripova

Posted from TSR Mobile

I write detailed notes about stuff MONTHS before the exam , then I highlight important key notes (colours correspond to a key, e.g in history - yellow could be causes, green could be key terms and what word summarises the meaning of that key term or what might help you remember them. Then one month before the exams i summarise all my notes and put them in a flash card or mind map . I do exam papers quite a lot.! Quick question though , are you in gcse or a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Read
Notes
Highlight
Map
Explain
Original post by Isaaq83
Read
Notes
Highlight
Map
Explain

What do you mean by 'map' ??
Does explain happen verbally or written ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love colour coding things.

I write notes/ flashcards and highlight or write in a different colour the most important words within the notes. It means if I am quickly looking over the note then visually i can remember the main frame of the topic.

i also like the go through past papers and answer as many questions as possible. The answers don't have to be written down and it doesn't have to be under timed conditions. the purpose is to recognise the areas of the course that you need to focus your attention on, this means that you are not spending too much time on an area of the course that you are actually good at.

Hope this helps !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending