The Student Room Group

Can a guy be "too nice"?

This is one of the discussion I have been having with my friend.
Can a guy be "too nice" so that the girl doesnt see him as a viable option.
I have been told by someone that I am too nice, so when I asked her if she wanted me to stop being nice and her response being yes, I decided to do slight changes to my behaviour towards her, however before I could implement these changes, 5 minutes later she said "I'll take that back".
So can a guy be "too nice"??

Scroll to see replies

My life story lad.
Can never be too nice.
Reply 3
NO course not

maybe she thinks you are boring? - thats a different issue
Reply 4
Original post by xobeauty
Can never be too nice.

worst lie ive ever heard
You just have to try to be as nice possible and hope that people appreciate it :redface:

I don't think you can ever be "too nice".
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
My life story lad.

Hahah, my case got soo bad that when I started liking this girl and we spent a lot of time together, my friends used the term "doormat", soo bad lool. But obviously she enjoyed every minute of being a princess

Can never be too nice.

There actually an interesting article which mentioned about how nice guys finish last, and isnt the highest populated place in the world "the friendzone" due to the guy being too nice.

Original post by rend82
NO course not

Haha I dont think boring is an issue, she likes spending time with me and shes made that clear
Reply 7
Haha I dont think boring is an issue, she likes spending time with me and shes made that clear

in that case no keep being nice, not a turn off at all
Original post by Indeterminate
You just have to try to be as nice possible and hope that people appreciate it :redface:

I don't think you can ever be "too nice".

lol yea ive pretty much done that for a large part of my life, but only a very few people appreciate it, so ive changed quite a bit regarding being ultra nice to people.
Yes. Never disagreeing and and let people take advantage of you.
Original post by Zozoeeee
worst lie ive ever heard

I'm not lying
I've been through a player phase myself - I've been in situation whereby it was almost as if the girls I was with were *encouraging* me to treat them "un-nicely"
but then I realised that if you meet somebody that's very compatible with you, and who accepts you for you, then that whole idea because totally ridiculous
also, if you're a nice person, it's such a drag pretending to be a jerk - I'd rather just be nice and, from there, wait for the right girl.
I don't want to be with a girl who likes people being horrible to her - she'd have to be disturbed to be like that, especially if being nice was a turn off.
by the way by "nice" I just mean "nice" - it's pretty creepy to be too nice - just a heads up. it suggests a lack of confidence/self-value - just be "normally nice"
just like it's creepy to like people being mean to you - it's just as indicative of a lack of confidence either way
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheHonestOne
Hahah, my case got soo bad that when I started liking this girl and we spent a lot of time together, my friends used the term "doormat", soo bad lool. But obviously she enjoyed every minute of being a princess

There actually an interesting article which mentioned about how nice guys finish last, and isnt the highest populated place in the world "the friendzone" due to the guy being too nice.

Thats for little girls who don't know any better yet.
I'm not lying

then you've never had to experience the displeasure that is 'too nice'
Can never be too nice.

:hugs:

just because i have feelings and like cuddles doesn't mean I'm not a man ok :cry2:
Original post by sleepysnooze
I've been through a player phase myself - I've been in situation whereby it was almost as if the girls I was with were *encouraging* me to treat them "un-nicely"
but then I realised that if you meet somebody that's very compatible with you, and who accepts you for you, then that whole idea because totally ridiculous
also, if you're a nice person, it's such a drag pretending to be a jerk - I'd rather just be nice and, from there, wait for the right girl.
I don't want to be with a girl who likes people being horrible to her - she'd have to be disturbed to be like that, especially if being nice was a turn off.

You raise am interesting point. I feel like a lot of girls give off the vibe that nice guys arent the one and that they prefer not so nice guys. Now this nice guy probably gets his heart broken couple of times, in my opinion he would be tempted to change to some extent and be less nice, hence I feel like there are less nice guys out there because of what happened to him in the past.
Original post by Zozoeeee
then you've never had to experience the displeasure that is 'too nice'

What's too nice to you?
Beginning to think so.
If you put up with anything from people and are too soft, you just become a doormat. People will take advantage of you. I know someone like this.
Original post by rend82
NO course not

This is one of the discussion I have been having with my friend.
Can a guy be "too nice" so that the girl doesnt see him as a viable option.
I have been told by someone that I am too nice, so when I asked her if she wanted me to stop being nice and her response being yes, I decided to do slight changes to my behaviour towards her, however before I could implement these changes, 5 minutes later she said "I'll take that back".
So can a guy be "too nice"??

Yeah, because some girls like confident guys who are also nice. So maybe she meant you're a bit boring, not too nice. Maybe you should be more spontaneous to show confidence, but obviously respectful to show you're nice. Maybe that what she's looking for?
You raise am interesting point. I feel like a lot of girls give off the vibe that nice guys arent the one and that they prefer not so nice guys. Now this nice guy probably gets his heart broken couple of times, in my opinion he would be tempted to change to some extent and be less nice, hence I feel like there are less nice guys out there because of what happened to him in the past.

yeah but again, be aware that there obviously is such a thing as too nice - I know a person who is waaaay too nice for their own good and it never gets them anywhere and it's sad to watch

Latest

Trending

Trending