The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Please help uni demanding ££9,000!!!!

hi, i recently enrolled on my first year to re take.... im retaking due to personal issues i had last year. i have just been met with a 9,000 fine from the university saying i must pay this within 7 days!!! i dont have that sort of money and i was not informed i would not be recieving help.

i am now thinking about dropping out as i cant afford to pay this for the next 3 years!! i am due a grant on the 4th of january which would go straight to my student overdraft.... would student fiance ask for this back straight away if i drop out. the payment has already been submitted???

please help!!!

Scroll to see replies

The £9000 sounds like tuition fees instead of a fine. Have you actually been awarded a tuition fee loan? It should say on your award notice whether you're getting one or not.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
If you resit a year, it makes sense that you pay for that year :curious:

I can't go to Tescos, buy a snickers, eat the sneakers and say I bought a sneakers, I don't have a snickers, give me another snickers.
Original post by kimbash1
hi, i recently enrolled on my first year to re take.... im retaking due to personal issues i had last year. i have just been met with a 9,000 fine from the university saying i must pay this within 7 days!!! i dont have that sort of money and i was not informed i would not be recieving help.

i am now thinking about dropping out as i cant afford to pay this for the next 3 years!! i am due a grant on the 4th of january which would go straight to my student overdraft.... would student fiance ask for this back straight away if i drop out. the payment has already been submitted???

please help!!!

What uni?
Original post by judogainz
What uni?

I'm gonna guess and say Wolverhampton
Original post by A Serious Man
If you resit a year, it makes sense that you pay for that year :curious:

I can't go to Tescos, buy a snickers, eat the sneakers and say I bought a sneakers, I don't have a snickers, give me another snickers.

That must be some hell of a snickers bar If it can transform into a pair of shoes
Reply 6
I didnt know i would need to pay for this as it says on my student fiance that the Uni has been paid.... its wolverhampton.

the only option i think now is to drop out.... my loan will go straight to my over draft.. will they demand it back straight away?
Original post by cherryred90s

Thats what i thought, perhaps london met after clearing
Reply 8

yes wolverhampton

Correct :wink:
yes wolverhampton

What course are you doing?
Reply 11
What course are you doing?

Business and HR management
I didnt know i would need to pay for this as it says on my student fiance that the Uni has been paid.... its wolverhampton.

the only option i think now is to drop out.... my loan will go straight to my over draft.. will they demand it back straight away?

Sorry to be so blunt but what do you really expect people on here to do? You need to contact your university and speak to them directly, quickly.
Original post by luminarychild
That must be some hell of a snickers bar If it can transform into a pair of shoes

I crushed it up and caked my feet in it.

Then I pay Burmese dwarfs to lick it from between my toes
Reply 14
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Sorry to be so blunt but what do you really expect people on here to do? You need to contact your university and speak to them directly, quickly.

i understand that but the university isnt open and there is noone to contact till 10th january
You get a grace year, so you have Student Finance for 4 years (assuming you've applied for it each year). You should have your resit year paid for.

I get demands every term in my uni email, saying "£XXXX of tuition is due" and then SFE pays them. They send it to everyone, but specifically it's a reminder for people who pay for their tuition personally, such as international students and richos. However, I was never asked to pay for the whole year at a time (as it's by each term).
(edited 8 years ago)
are you supposed to have received a tuition fee loan from student finance? if so try contacting student finance england.
i understand that but the university isnt open and there is noone to contact till 10th january

01902 321000
Hours: Open today · 7:00 am 10:00 pm

Have you tried this?
Thats what i thought, perhaps london met after clearing

lol what's that suppose to mean :colonhash:
If you were initially awarded a tuition fee loan to cover this year, it sounds like student finance have looked at your case again and changed their decision.

You need to get in touch with both the university and student finance as soon as possible to find out why.

This happened to me in my first year. The university contacted me telling I needed to pay tuition fees in November. After a lot of stressful phone calls Student Finance said they'd been a paperwork error and my loan was reinstated. The university said it wasn't the first time Student Finance had screwed up like that. But you must get in touch to see if there had been a mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending