The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo
2-1 with me dominating!!!

Fancy a few games?
Man try say he was better than us.
@difeo@FFTypoCorrector@zKlown@SA-1
Tell my man shut up.

Also I don't care about accomplishments.

Team player but theres a campaign against me.
Original post by zKlown
Fancy a few games?

Can't right now pal
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
You cost us vital points yesterday by missing key chances at key moments and your link up is atrocious for a lone striker

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL says the guy who gets sent off and loses us an easy game...

My link up play is top notch for a guy playing with teammates who want all the glory. Difeo is the only one who consistently passes the ball at the right opportunity. Zeddy isn't bad and you aren't far behind but Rk doesn't have an X button and Azizz couldn't do a simple ground pass to save his life.

I guess I'm guilty lately of spending too much time outside the box because I selfishly want those long shot achievements, but even so I still pass the ball and track back much more than you can ever expect for a ST.

Ideally I'd go back to being a target man because I feel like things worked best when I was like that, however you've all made it clear that you don't want to cross or play the ball in the air.
Original post by Lúcio
LOL says the guy who gets sent off and loses us an easy game...

My link up play is top notch for a guy playing with teammates who want all the glory. Difeo is the only one who consistently passes the ball at the right opportunity. Zeddy isn't bad and you aren't far behind but Rk doesn't have an X button and Azizz couldn't do a simple ground pass to save his life.

I guess I'm guilty lately of spending too much time outside the box because I selfishly want those long shot achievements, but even so I still pass the ball and track back much more than you can ever expect for a ST.

Ideally I'd go back to being a target man because I feel like things worked best when I was like that, however you've all made it clear that you don't want to cross or play the ball in the air.

I was joking m8

I agree that you should be a target man, was saying it to Difeo and Rk anyway as we used to play better in those days and as you said it gives you a physical outlet. I was gonna switch myself yesterday but I'm absolutely poverty at headers on FIFA so there was no point

Also strong rekage of SA-1 and Rk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scenes when fk immediately backs down
Funny how he says I don't pass when he's the only one making that comment.

If I can't pass then by your logic, you can't finish for ****.
I've got 91 heading accuracy when I go Target Man.

Jus sayin...
Original post by difeo
Scenes when fk immediately backs down

Coming like the kid at school who used to be gobby to the older kids, then once they chase him, apologises saying he didn't mean it.
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
I was joking m8

I agree that you should be a target man, was saying it to Difeo and Rk anyway as we used to play better in those days and as you said it gives you a physical outlet. I was gonna switch myself yesterday but I'm absolutely poverty at headers on FIFA so there was no point

Also strong rekage of SA-1 and Rk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i know, i was semi-joking too - you're actually pretty decent tbh.
Not gonna claim i've been decent since dirtybit left, but i'm confident when he returns we can get up to division 2 or higher.

Yeah that's exactly my thinking.
Everybody in our team are small and fast, meaning that from almost every goal kick, long free kick and corner kick, we lose possession.
Almost none of our goals are easy, simple headers and it feels like we have to work so hard just to get a chance at times.

Having a 6'1-6'3 striker up top to hold up play or flick the ball on would definitely work for us, and it works for me as a player too. As you can see, i'm absolute poverty at trying to take it past a man so having good dribbling stats doesn't really work too well for me anyway.
The reason why we haven't tried this is because we NEVER cross the ball. If we ever have it on the wing, we always try to run inside and if we have a dead ball, we always play it short.

#changephilosophy
Original post by Rk2k14
I've got 91 heading accuracy when I go Target Man.

Jus sayin...

Mine's 91 too m8, might even be 92.
Finishing 91 when i'm a finisher, although that's done me no favours recently.
Like i said, probably down to my obsession with getting long shot achievements. Need to cut that out tbh.

Been a little poverty lately with finishing but everything is just so rushed and you can literally feel the expectation and judgement waiting to happen from you guys. Nobody even makes a sound when FK gives the ball away from the kick off for the 50th time, but they go mental if i miss an opportunity.

There's absolutely no support and it's pretty much the same as having fans on the sideline screaming at you if you don't score 100% of your chances. Thanks guys.
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah i know, i was semi-joking too - you're actually pretty decent tbh.
Not gonna claim i've been decent since dirtybit left, but i'm confident when he returns we can get up to division 2 or higher.

Yeah that's exactly my thinking.
Everybody in our team are small and fast, meaning that from almost every goal kick, long free kick and corner kick, we lose possession.
Almost none of our goals are easy, simple headers and it feels like we have to work so hard just to get a chance at times.

Having a 6'1-6'3 striker up top to hold up play or flick the ball on would definitely work for us, and it works for me as a player too. As you can see, i'm absolute poverty at trying to take it past a man so having good dribbling stats doesn't really work too well for me anyway.
The reason why we haven't tried this is because we NEVER cross the ball. If we ever have it on the wing, we always try to run inside and if we have a dead ball, we always play it short.

#changephilosophy

There was a period where we did nothing but cross and now we're the opposite. Need dat balance
Original post by difeo
There was a period where we did nothing but cross and now we're the opposite. Need dat balance

I have no problem with having a mixed style and I certainly don't want the entire gameplan to be aiming at me and kicking it long.

All i'm saying is that if i go back to being a big guy, actually aim for me from goal kicks or corners perhaps?
I've tried it sporadically but every time i do it's just completely wasted because you never cross. Put full power on your goal kicks so they go to me instead of your 5'6 manlet for instance.
I'm not saying i'll win every header because that just won't happen. However maybe i'll win 1 in 2/3 instead of our current ratio of 1 in 6/7.

We concede a LOT of goals from the wings. Perhaps it's worth looking at the types of chances we concede and adapting our style to suit that. FIFA isn't pretty and sometimes you have to literally have Bendtner up front :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Mine's 91 too m8, might even be 92.
Finishing 91 when i'm a finisher, although that's done me no favours recently.
Like i said, probably down to my obsession with getting long shot achievements. Need to cut that out tbh.

Been a little poverty lately with finishing but everything is just so rushed and you can literally feel the expectation and judgement waiting to happen from you guys. Nobody even makes a sound when FK gives the ball away from the kick off for the 50th time, but htey go mental if i miss an opportunity.

There's absolutely no support and it's pretty much the same as having fans on the sideline screaming at you if you don't score 100% of your chances. Thanks guys.

Thats because we expect it from FK. Lil boy making mistakes.

No offence, but the way you constantly bang on about your stats and that +1 goal/assists ratio, we expect you to score pretty much every goal. Plus, you then seem to take shots at other players so why act surprised when we fire back?
FK never goes on about it so we are more lenient towards him.

I would like to try this new thing. I'll go ST for a couple of games and make my guy abut 5'10 to see how it works. He should have 89 sprint speed and his heading goes up to 91 he offers both dimensions.
If I flop then we can go back to manmore Lucio:wink:
Original post by Rk2k14
Thats because we expect it from FK. Lil boy making mistakes.

No offence, but the way you constantly bang on about your stats and that +1 goal/assists ratio, we expect you to score pretty much every goal. Plus, you then seem to take shots at other players so why act surprised when we fire back?
FK never goes on about it so we are more lenient towards him.

I would like to try this new thing. I'll go ST for a couple of games and make my guy abut 5'10 to see how it works. He should have89 sprint speed and his heading goes up to 91 he offers both dimensions.
If I flop then we can go back to manmore Lucio:wink:

What and you don't expect mistakes from me? Come off it m8 :tongue:

In fairness I am pretty much messing when I talk about that. I know i'm not great at the game and I have massive flaws in my playing style. However it's an easy defence to make when you have tools in your ear taking shots for no reason.
It's pretty much a vicious cycle - I probably started it off for being cocky about my record, but perhaps if people stopped fixating on me and criticising my every move, things would be much better?

I tried something similar - atm i'm 5'11 so i'm high 80s for pace but i'm not useless in the air. Still won't win most headers but i do win more than you'd think. The problem is that we never bother with the ball in the air so it's not even worth "offering both dimensions" as you put it.
There's definite scope for change. I can play CAM if need be, but i'd need a little practice at it. I know when to pass and my vision is decent but i really struggle at getting past players. At the moment i'm not amazing but in my defence i've played over 250 games in ST and maybe about 10 in CAM.

I can also go CB if we get several people on. I hate it when it gets crowded going forward and I have no defensive achievements so i'll happily play at the back if it's required :smile:
I can play pretty much anywhere bar GK tbh.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
What and you don't expect mistakes from me? Come off it m8 :tongue:

In fairness I am pretty much messing when I talk about that. I know i'm not great at the game and I have massive flaws in my playing style. However it's an easy defence to make when you have tools in your ear taking shots for no reason.
It's pretty much a vicious cycle - I probably started it off for being cocky about my record, but perhaps if people stopped fixating on me and criticising my every move, things would be much better?

I tried something similar - atm i'm 5'11 so i'm high 80s for pace but i'm not useless in the air. Still won't win most headers but i do win more than you'd think. The problem is that we never bother with the ball in the air so it's not even worth "offering both dimensions" as you put it.
There's definite scope for change. I can play CAM if need be, but i'd need a little practice at it. I know when to pass and my vision is decent but i really struggle at getting past players. At the moment i'm not amazing but in my defence i've played over 250 games in ST and maybe about 10 in CAM.

I can also go CB if we get several people on. I hate it when it gets crowded going forward and I have no defensive achievements so i'll happily play at the back if it's required :smile:
I can play pretty much anywhere bar GK tbh.

Course we do, but you don't seem to point your own mistakes out like yesterday and when someone else does, like FK today you went straight savage at all of us.

If we do come on today then i'll go ST and we'll try this out.
If you used your mic it would be easier trust me. Can call out your own runs and stuff. You probably make good runs but because there are other players on the mic calling for it, you miss out.
Just make your mic deeper/squeakier ffs. Man up bich.
Original post by Rk2k14
Course we do, but you don't seem to point your own mistakes out like yesterday and when someone else does, like FK today you went straight savage at all of us.

If we do come on today then i'll go ST and we'll try this out.
If you used your mic it would be easier trust me. Can call out your own runs and stuff. You probably make good runs but because there are other players on the mic calling for it, you miss out.
Just make your mic deeper/squeakier ffs. Man up bich.

Meh, you don't always need to point out your mistakes because it's pretty obvious in this game. I'm not one to shy away from pointing out my failings though; i've stated them many times.
I just think people need to stop this mentality of thinking it's okay to constantly berate me. I left the party yesterday because I was just so tired of it. Yeah you can justify it a little because at time's i'm cocky about my stats or whatever, but the reality is that you take it further than you need to.
That's the reason why i don't go on mic - you'll be doing exactly the same thing but you'll be able to hear my reaction too.

anyway, if people are playing today it has to be early because i'm off out at 7
Original post by Lúcio
Meh, you don't always need to point out your mistakes because it's pretty obvious in this game. I'm not one to shy away from pointing out my failings though; i've stated them many times.
I just think people need to stop this mentality of thinking it's okay to constantly berate me. I left the party yesterday because I was just so tired of it. Yeah you can justify it a little because at time's i'm cocky about my stats or whatever, but the reality is that you take it further than you need to.
That's the reason why i don't go on mic - you'll be doing exactly the same thing but you'll be able to hear my reaction too.

anyway, if people are playing today it has to be early because i'm off out at 7

The fact that you don't have a mic (or don't go on it) is making it worse on your part.
Go on it and join in with the bants and take shots too.

We all take shots at each other on the mic, its a game mate:wink:
no mic no play
Seconded.

Quick Reply

Latest