The Student Room Group

A lecturer who emailed me tried to recall the message. What does this mean? (urgent)

My assignment was due for 7th December. I submitted it electronically and physically on that date BEFORE the deadline.

However in my student emails I got an email from head of faculty saying that she did NOT receive my electronic copy and wanted me to re-submit. I began to panic but then I saw that I had received an email from turnitin on 7th December saying that I did in fact successfully submit my assignment electronically.

I also noticed that the head of faculty tried to 'recall' the email she sent me which said that she hadn't received my assignment, which essentially means they tried to retract/delete the original message.

Does this mean that my assignment DID submit successfully and it was she that made the mistake?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by theperformer
My assignment was due for 7th December. I submitted it electronically and physically on that date BEFORE the deadline.

However in my student emails I got an email from head of faculty saying that she did NOT receive my electronic copy and wanted me to re-submit. I began to panic but then I saw that I had received an email from turnitin on 7th December saying that I did in fact successfully submit my assignment electronically.

I also noticed that the head of faculty tried to 'recall' the email she sent me which said that she hadn't received my assignment.

Does this mean that my assignment DID submit successfully and it was she that made the mistake?

Presumably...

Should you not just email her and ask?
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Presumably...

Should you not just email her and ask?

She isn't back until the 4th.
You're only going to find out if you email her for clarification.

If you handed your work in on time, just state that and you should have nothing to worry about.
She isn't back until the 4th.

No way of knowing other than email.
This is so weird, I had an assignment due for the exact same day and had to do this too
Reply 6
send it again and send a screenshot of that email with it
Original post by Blondie987
This is so weird, I had an assignment due for the exact same day and had to do this too

So did it turn out that you did indeed submit it successfully and the lecturer was wrong?
Reply 8
There is no harm in keeping a copy of the e-mail for future reference, so I suggest you forward it to your personal e-mail account.
So did it turn out that you did indeed submit it successfully and the lecturer was wrong?

I've submitted both mine and they seem to have gone through, it shows that I've uploaded it on moodle, is it the electronic copy you're having trouble with?
I've submitted both mine and they seem to have gone through, it shows that I've uploaded it on moodle, is it the electronic copy you're having trouble with?

Supposedly my electronic copy was not received, which can't be true because I got a notification from Turnitin which confirmed that my submission was successfully. It shows that I've uploaded it and it gives me a similarity %.
Supposedly my electronic copy was not received, which can't be true because I got a notification from Turnitin which confirmed that my submission was successfully. It shows that I've uploaded it and it gives me a similarity %.

Well the fact that turnitin in says that you have and your lecturer tried to recall the email, I would assume she had made a mistake, she still should have contacted you so you wouldn't have to worry about it. Check on turnitin to see if it's there maybe? Also, I'd email her back explaining that you did submit it and maybe forward the email from turnitin as well so she receives it when she gets back on the 4th
Reply 12
Whatever happens you have the email from turnitin as proof that you've submitted your work.
Well the fact that turnitin in says that you have and your lecturer tried to recall the email, I would assume she had made a mistake, she still should have contacted you so you wouldn't have to worry about it. Check on turnitin to see if it's there maybe? Also, I'd email her back explaining that you did submit it and maybe forward the email from turnitin as well so she receives it when she gets back on the 4th

I have checked turnitin and it is there. It's been submitted and even lists a similarity percentage which checks for plagiarism. She is gone until the 4th but everything indicates that my electronic copy was submitted just fine; I can see it on my module as being submitted AND I got a notification from turnitin which says it's 100% submitted.

I forwarded my turnitin message to her. I think she made a mistake because she tried to recall the message.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending