The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Theres no point signing anyone unless he gets the team sorted out.
Will end up playing Anderson as a holding, considering Rooney and Fellaini are obviously much more superior players.
The problem with our team is not the players but the tactics, we could have Ronaldo at CF and he would not score because there would be no service to him and our play would be too slow...

Anyways, Happy New Year Guys :smile:
Anyone wondering why Wilson wasn't recalled should watch the Brighton game
Original post by sr90
Anyone wondering why Wilson wasn't recalled should watch the Brighton game

it is fairly obvious LVG wasn't going to recall him anyway especially seeing as he's planning on making some good signings in the january window but as usual he doesn't want to give a hint as to who it is we are looking at but he said him and woodward already know their targets (in a press conference done earlier this week :tongue: )
Original post by Rk2k14
Theres no point signing anyone unless he gets the team sorted out.
Will end up playing Anderson as a holding, considering Rooney and Fellaini are obviously much more superior players.

When it comes to rebuilding teams Van gaal is DAMN good at spotting talent. People doubted him when he signed the likes of Martial, Morgan and Schweiny but now they are our most important players. I have faith he knows what he's doing he will bring in some good talent and get rid of the deadwood like fellani etc....

in a way it was good he let the likes of Henarndez and RVP go because we need fresh young talent that will last for years...the problem with players like RVP and Henarndez is that their almost past their prime now having played for soo many years on end.
Original post by trapking
When it comes to rebuilding teams Van gaal is DAMN good at spotting talent. People doubted him when he signed the likes of Martial, Morgan and Schweiny but now they are our most important players. I have faith he knows what he's doing he will bring in some good talent and get rid of the deadwood like fellani etc....

in a way it was good he let the likes of Henarndez and RVP go because we need fresh young talent that will last for years...the problem with players like RVP and Henarndez is that their almost past their prime now having played for soo many years on end.

Is he really though?
The fact that he puts out ****e teams consistently as well as ****e subs doesn't do him any justice.

Weren't you going mad after the Norwich game with LVG out and how you can't stand him?
Hernandez has won back to back player of the months in the Bundesliga. Don't think he's past his prime. We've got a certain striker in the starting line up eery week who's past his prime.
Original post by Rk2k14
Is he really though?
The fact that he puts out ****e teams consistently as well as ****e subs doesn't do him any justice.

Weren't you going mad after the Norwich game with LVG out and how you can't stand him?

I'm not a fan of his philosophy/managerial style but one thing I have full confidence in him is his ability to rebuild teams. He can spot the right talent....right now we may not be our best but wait for a year when a new manager comes in with all this new talent LVG has put in place we will be unstoppable, seriously. He is definitely building the team for the future :smile:

Every single signing he has made has scored absolutely crucial goals for us, from Morgan in the everton game we won, to Memphis & Schweiny in the watford game, Schweiny in the leicester game, martial in the champions league games & the game against southampton.

Those facts back him up.
Felipe Anderson potential signing seems wasteful. He seems to be hot and cold at present so spending £30m is not worth it. Especially if LVG isn't going to be their soon but Woodward, as he is such a supporter of his appointment, may look to dispel any rumours of LVG's future by giving him money to spend.

It's fascinating to read of behind the scenes covert moves going on between Woodward and the people targeting LVG's job: LVG seems to want to stay, so does Ed; Jose wants the job; SAF wants Giggs to take over but Ed doesn't but at the same time is hesitant to give Jose the job and SAF would rather LVG stay than Jose come in and to top it off, Pep is available in the summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
I'm not a fan of his philosophy/managerial style but one thing I have full confidence in him is his ability to rebuild teams. He can spot the right talent....right now we may not be our best but wait for a year when a new manager comes in with all this new talent LVG has put in place we will be unstoppable, seriously. He is definitely building the team for the future :smile:

Every single signing he has made has scored absolutely crucial goals for us, from Morgan in the everton game we won, to Memphis & Schweiny in the watford game, Schweiny in the leicester game, martial in the champions league games & the game against southampton.

Those facts back him up.

So you say a manager has been good because the players he has signed score goals?
Original post by Rk2k14
a manager is good at rebuilding teams if the players he has signed have made a significant impact to the whole teams performance throughout the whole season

fixed :tongue:
Mohamed Bouhafsi is saying that having missed John Stones last Summer, we're going to go for him again (unclear whether or not he means this window or Summer but i'd presume he means next Summer); https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/683045490037010433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Smalling & Stones & Shaw <3

Jones can **** off.
Original post by Mo De Lemone
Mohamed Bouhafsi is saying that having missed John Stones last Summer, we're going to go for him again (unclear whether or not he means this window or Summer but i'd presume he means next Summer); https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/683045490037010433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

With Chelsea imploding it's absolutely nailed on that he'll join us imo

City don't need to spend £40m on another CB and Wenger won't pay the going rate. Nobody else can afford him.
Original post by sr90
With Chelsea imploding it's absolutely nailed on that he'll join us imo

City don't need to spend £40m on another CB and Wenger won't pay the going rate. Nobody else can afford him.

We'll take him m8.
Everton love us.
Original post by Dirtybit
Smalling & Stones & Shaw <3

Jones can **** off.

**** you
Original post by Kenan and Kel
**** you

I made the comment just for you, glad you took the bait :redface:
Original post by Lúcio
We'll take him m8.
Everton love us.

You can't afford him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Id rather pay 30m for mane then anderson...watched clips of anderson and nothing special(probably wrong since i havent watched him)....mane on the other hand is quality
Original post by Kenan and Kel
**** you

Sorry Kenan but he's right. Jones can take a banana and split from Man Utd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jones is terrible. He should be given one more season (next season) to show form and fitness. If he does not, he should be shown the door.

Latest