The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
How do you know it will be after the New Years ?
Reply 561
And is that definite ?
Original post by DBoyH2O

Well, I'm not sure tbh.
I'm just saying that they won't respond now anyway because it's the holidays and everyone's off work so there isn't a point in checking track atm.
They did say on the website that interviews will be held in March.

Interviews are given two weeks prior to the interview date.

It dos say on the website that interviews are held in March.
And also, from last years thread, interviews were given out in March.
So it's a long way, just be patient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DBoyH2O

Original post by DBoyH2O
And is that definite ?

Seeing as New Years is tomorrow I don't think it will be before!!
Seeing as you're suppose to be helping people, I don't think your sarky comments are really helping anyone. If you don't know the answer to something just say you don't know
Original post by Alisahhh1998
Seeing as you're suppose to be helping people, I don't think your sarky comments are really helping anyone. If you don't know the answer to something just say you don't know

What? :/
When I say 'after new years', it doesn't Mean the day straight after. I obviously meant they're not gonna contact anyone till everyone's back at work which is the 4th of Jan.
Your comment doesn't help either :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
That wasn't to you, it was to the other girl who claims she's like embassador or something but doesn't help anyone out except acts like she knows everything, I don't mind you, you're helpful :smile:
Original post by Bloom77
When I say 'after new years', it doesn't Mean the day straight after. I obviously meant they're not gonna contact anyone till everyone's back at work which is the 4th of Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:
Original post by Bloom77

Posted from TSR Mobile

I replied to you on the last page, I forgot to reply to the message but nvm lol
I replied to you on the last page, I forgot to reply to the message but nvm lol

Sorry! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neostigmine has been incredibly helpful on this thread and provided a lot of information to applicants. Stating that the office will be closed for New Year is hardly being 'sarky' and was only trying to clarify things for applicants whose stress sometime stops them thinking about things like dates and holidays etc.

Replying with messages like that doesn't help anyone either, does it?
Original post by ForestCat
Neostigmine has been incredibly helpful on this thread and provided a lot of information to applicants. Stating that the office will be closed for New Year is hardly being 'sarky' and was only trying to clarify things for applicants whose stress sometime stops them thinking about things like dates and holidays etc.

Replying with messages like that doesn't help anyone either, does it?

No she meant it in a sarky way, hence the exclamation marks and no she's given links to questions which are already on the Internet.
No she meant it in a sarky way, hence the exclamation marks and no she's given links to questions which are already on the Internet.

To questions that people were repeatedly asking in the thread.

I am going to put your touchiness down to application stress and leave this here.

My exclamation marks were more like these emotes: :h: :gah: rather than sarky. Sorry if I wrote it in a way that meant it was misreadable.

That wasn't to you, it was to the other girl who claims she's like embassador or something but doesn't help anyone out except acts like she knows everything, I don't mind you, you're helpful :smile:

"Claims" she's "like" an ambassador. I can send you a photo of my student ambassador t shirts, the powerpoints I've given and bank statements if you like. I have been a student ambassador for the uni since 2010 and been doing medicine events since June 2011, especially widening participation. I'm also a 4th year BM5 student who completed BM6 so I feel that I have a particularly good insight. If you don't find me helpful, then you can block my account on TSR and you'll stop seeing my posts.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3118213&page=28&p=60975291#post60975291
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3118213&page=18&p=59966649#post59966649

This I thought these were fairly helpful to some people but if you personally didn't find it helpful then please let me know how I can improve with answers to questions you still have.
I didn't mean it sarky, but I apologise if it came across that way.

Please point out where all my answers are on the net. It would save me huge amounts of time in typing it out if I could link to it instead.

Happy New Year everyone! With a bit of luck 2016 could be the year you start medical school!
Reply 574
Original post by Neostigmine
My exclamation marks were more like these emotes: :h: :gah: rather than sarky. Sorry if I wrote it in a way that meant it was misreadable.

"Claims" she's "like" an ambassador. I can send you a photo of my student ambassador t shirts, the powerpoints I've given and bank statements if you like. I have been a student ambassador for the uni since 2010 and been doing medicine events since June 2011, especially widening participation. I'm also a 4th year BM5 student who completed BM6 so I feel that I have a particularly good insight. If you don't find me helpful, then you can block my account on TSR and you'll stop seeing my posts.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3118213&page=28&p=60975291#post60975291
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3118213&page=18&p=59966649#post59966649

This I thought these were fairly helpful to some people but if you personally didn't find it helpful then please let me know how I can improve with answers to questions you still have.
I didn't mean it sarky, but I apologise if it came across that way.

Please point out where all my answers are on the net. It would save me huge amounts of time in typing it out if I could link to it instead.

Happy New Year everyone! With a bit of luck 2016 could be the year you start medical school!

Thank you for all your information throughout this thread it's been really helpful, happy new year to everyone! :smile:
Happy new year!
Original post by drjay24
Thank you for all your information throughout this thread it's been really helpful, happy new year to everyone! :smile:

It's no problem at all. When I applied there was no information anywhere!

2016! :woo:.
Is it strange that i haven't heard anything from soton yet?
Original post by Neostigmine
Not yet. They won't do this until after interviews.

How long do interviews go on for? have all the invitations for interviews been given out yet?
Original post by 1lastchance
How long do interviews go on for? have all the invitations for interviews been given out yet?

No interviews have gone out yet, don't worry. They usually run between Jan - April at some point. The Soton website suggests this will be March for this year's applicants which means people would hear towards the end of February.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending