The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Got an FP2 mock next week up till complex numbers! Been a while since I've revised it. Chemistry has been bashing my head in at the moment
Reply 21
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Got an FP2 mock next week up till complex numbers! Been a while since I've revised it. Chemistry has been bashing my head in at the moment

Mock today till first ODEs & M2. Should be fine, but I haven't done much revision either !
https://8fd9eafbb84fdb32c73d8e44d980d7008581d86e.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYTnpyeF8xQlZweHc/CH4.pdf

Ex E, Q10, part c) please. Don't know how to integrate the 1/Rcos(pt)e^(t/cR)..
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Complex number transformations. Takes a while to get used to imo but practice them enough and they become second nature

You were right. I've finished 2nd order DEs for now and complex numbers in general is quite horrific, especially in comparison to FP1 complex numbers.

I have my mocks in 2 weeks with C3 and FP2 up to complex numbers and then C4 and FP3 (hyperbolic trig, integration and differentiation).
Original post by Craig1998
You were right. I've finished 2nd order DEs for now and complex numbers in general is quite horrific, especially in comparison to FP1 complex numbers.

I have my mocks in 2 weeks with C3 and FP2 up to complex numbers and then C4 and FP3 (hyperbolic trig, integration and differentiation).

It's all subjective and really depends on the question they ask. I'm struggling a bit as posted above, can you help by any chance?
It's all subjective and really depends on the question they ask. I'm struggling a bit as posted above, can you help by any chance?

There's a solution on the next page over. It suggests using integration by parts and has some pretty messy working which I cant really follow.
https://8fd9eafbb84fdb32c73d8e44d980d7008581d86e.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYTnpyeF8xQlZweHc/CH4.pdf

Ex E, Q10, part c) please. Don't know how to integrate the 1/Rcos(pt)e^(t/cR)..

@TeeEm
Reply 27

where is it?
Reply 28

by parts twice

or

by complex numbers

or

by Laplace transforms
@TeeEm do you have anything for Loci/Polar coordinates etc. pls :smile:

happy new year btw
Laplace transforms for FP2. :woo:

The examiner would be most pleased.
Reply 31
Original post by Mihael_Keehl

happy new year btw

Yes, he does. Check the website under further topics. I've been using them
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Yes, he does. Check the website under further topics. I've been using them

awesome :smile:
Reply 33
Does anyone have notes or any advice on how to sketch polar curves? Other than extremely long complex number chapter, this is the most challenging thing for me for FP2 :s
Reply 34

happy new year btw

in my site in my profile under further maths
Original post by TeeEm
in my site in my profile under further maths

Thank you :smile:
Reply 36
Thank you :smile:

no worries
Joining
Reply 39
Finished FP2 today, on to FP3 next week, had finished M2 a couple months ago. :biggrin:

Almost done with A2 F-Maths, Imperial and UCL Comp Sci haven't said anything yet but the other 3 that I applied to have given me a conditional
Hoping UCL gives me an offer :frown:

Thoughts on FP2: Chapter 3 (Complex Numbers) and the last chapter (Polar Coordinates) have potential to catch me out in the exam, so for now I will be focusing a majority of my time to those topics, the rest are fine and I will brush over them until I'm done with Chapters 3 and 7..
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply