The Student Room Group

How to tell him I want us to make it an official relationship?

Me and a guy have been seeing each other for almost 3 months. We are acting like a couple, see each other a couple of times a week, i have some of my stuff left at his. I told him before I wasnt ready for committment yet, but now I know how i feel about him and I want to be in a relationship with him. All that would change is the label. How do I bring this up without it being awkward?
Original post by Anonymous
Me and a guy have been seeing each other for almost 3 months. We are acting like a couple, see each other a couple ofi times a week, i have some of my stuff left at his. I told him before I wasnt ready for committment yet, but now I know how i feel about him and I want to be in a relationship with him. All that would change is the label. How do I bring this up without it being awkward?

Do it whilst youre drunk
I don't understand this official nonsense lel
Reply 3
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I don't understand this official nonsense lel

Basically so I can refer to him as my boyfriend instead of 'the guy I'm seeing'
Basically so I can refer to him as my boyfriend instead of 'the guy I'm seeing'

If your seeing someone , aren't they your boyfriend after 3 months lel
Reply 5
If your seeing someone , aren't they your boyfriend after 3 months lel

I wouldnt call someone my boyfriend unless its been discussed.
I wouldnt call someone my boyfriend unless its been discussed.

So if you've been together for a year and haven't brought this topic up , would you not call him your boyfriend?

Strange
Reply 7
So if you've been together for a year and haven't brought this topic up , would you not call him your boyfriend?

Strange

No id bring it up beforehand. In my 3 previous relationships I got asked to be someone's girlfriend. This guy is older though, not sure if that makes a difference.
No id bring it up beforehand. In my 3 previous relationships I got asked to be someone's girlfriend. This guy is older though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Hmm prolly his sidechick , maybe ask him
Reply 9
Me and a guy have been seeing each other for almost 3 months. We are acting like a couple, see each other a couple of times a week, i have some of my stuff left at his. I told him before I wasnt ready for committment yet, but now I know how i feel about him and I want to be in a relationship with him. All that would change is the label. How do I bring this up without it being awkward?
Sounds like you're the one who feels awkward about it.

Also "official" isn't a relationship. Grow up.
Facebook relationship request.
"Do ya wanna put us on Facebook?"
Original post by Mr Smurf
Facebook relationship request.

****, you beat me to it.
Reply 13
Original post by Tootles
Sounds like you're the one who feels awkward about it.

Also "official" isn't a relationship. Grow up.

I think you're being a bit mean...

OP, I would just say, 'shall we make this official?' I think a common way girls ask the question is, 'so... what are we?'
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending