The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harvey.Specter
Great win, but I feel like it's just papering over the cracks tbh

van gaal will not be sacked we have him till the end of the season so we have to learn to deal with it!

Just hope we can grind results like today a few more times then we will be safe in top 4.
Original post by trapking
van gaal will not be sacked we have him till the end of the season so we have to learn to deal with it!

Just hope we can grind results like today a few more times then we will be safe in top 4.

Exactly this, let's go on a run of wins and see where it takes us.
Everyone in the league is playing poorly, we'll just have to take each game as it comes.
Original post by Seabear11
Exactly this, let's go on a run of wins and see where it takes us.
Everyone in the league is playing poorly, we'll just have to take each game as it comes.

plus we are definitely making signings this january our squad will only get stronger

so everything is looking positive at the moment :smile:

Sign Felipe, Stones and Lukaku pls
Martial is saving LVG's ass right now.

Unbelievably good.
Original post by Rk2k14

Unbelievably good.

Really? He's missed some good chances in the last few matches.
Original post by Rk2k14

Unbelievably good.

He definitely is something special. He gets past players so easily, and he's still so young.
Nothing much to really take from that i don't think, as it's nothing we haven't seen already this season. First half was dreadful but as soon as we get some urgency in our play, surprise surprise, we look like scoring.
plus we are definitely making signings this january our squad will only get stronger

so everything is looking positive at the moment :smile:

Who and what do you think we'll sign?

I honestly think we just need a striker for this January transfer window.
Maybe a cover full back. We'll probably get a CB in the summer.

Young showed today that he's our best winger and we should play him there.
Young Memphis Mata Martial. More than enough cover in the wide areas, not sure if we'll get any quality players in the transfer window.

Oh and if someone could just take Fellani, i would be so grateful
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Really? He's missed some good chances in the last few matches.

And he's also scored some crucial goals. More so than the guy who's moved him out of position.
If it wasn't for him we would not have won today.
Original post by Rk2k14

Unbelievably good.

his touch is not so good though he needs to work on that but him and young today were superb!

That's what we want to see at Man Utd....wingers/CF's taking on defenders man on man with pace and create something!
Original post by Seabear11
Who and what do you think we'll sign?

I honestly think we just need a striker for this January transfer window.
Maybe a cover full back. We'll probably get a CB in the summer.

Young showed today that he's our best winger and we should play him there.
Young Memphis Mata Martial. More than enough cover in the wide areas, not sure if we'll get any quality players in the transfer window.

Oh and if someone could just take Fellani, i would be so grateful

We need to sign Stones ASAP, he would be a decent right back/ centre back for us instead of ****ty Jones or McNair!

Then we need an attacking right midfielder....Felipe Anderson is perfect for that position, he's just like Martial very direct always wants to beat defenders and create something....he plays like Neymar very similar style of play!

Then we need a striker.....Buy Lukaku or Harry Kane!

That would be such a deadly team omg :love: :coma:
his touch is not so good though he needs to work on that but him and young today were superb!

That's what we want to see at Man Utd....wingers/CF's taking on defenders man on man with pace and create something!

Martial played fantastic yet again. He is direct, quick and always thinking about taking it forward. Rooney also played well but i would like him to be scoring week in week out. Ashley Young was class. Him and martial was the main source of threat on either side of pitch. Overall its a good performance but i would like it if we go on a good run
Original post by Helpmepickone
Martial played fantastic yet again. He is direct, quick and always thinking about taking it forward. Rooney also played well but i would like him to be scoring week in week out. Ashley Young was class. Him and martial was the main source of threat on either side of pitch. Overall its a good performance but i would like it if we go on a good run

yeah we need an attacking right midfielder who does the same on the other side because at the moment we are creating all our chances mostly from the left which can be easily defended against if teams catch on to it.....and its always a combination of martial/young....although in this game today young seemed to play on the right I think.
We need to sign Stones ASAP, he would be a decent right back/ centre back for us instead of ****ty Jones or McNair!

Then we need an attacking right midfielder....Felipe Anderson is perfect for that position, he's just like Martial very direct always wants to beat defenders and create something....he plays like Neymar very similar style of play!

Then we need a striker.....Buy Lukaku or Harry Kane!

That would be such a deadly team omg :love: :coma:

Hmm i doubt everton will let him go in january, maybe in the summer.
Your striker targets are ambitious :P hahah definitely not going to get either in the next month.

Not too sure on Felipe anderson, means mata or herrera loses their place in the team. Guess we have to wait and see.

Tbh i wouldnt be surprised if we didn't sign anyone
yeah we need an attacking right midfielder who does the same on the other side because at the moment we are creating all our chances mostly from the left which can be easily defended against if teams catch on to it.....and its always a combination of martial/young....although in this game today young seemed to play on the right I think.

yh ur right
we need to get someone on the right
Lukaku in the Summer when Rooney leaves would be perfect fit.
First half terrible. Second half better. Martial Excellent
[video="youtube;zanEPSSdIcc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zanEPSSdIcc[/video]
Reply 1718
LVG is learning to make the best of a squad that other managers would achieve less with.
Leaving Fellani on the bench again was another good decision.

"all the way Louie"
Original post by Rk2k14
And he's also scored some crucial goals. More so than the guy who's moved him out of position.
If it wasn't for him we would not have won today.

Agree. But he's had chances to save LvG's bacon in recent weeks and hasn't taken them.

Latest