Bishop Grosseteste Primary PGCE 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlexGrace
I'm doing the 3-7 course, which are you doing? :smile:

Cool im doing ks2 7-11 :smile:
My offer is now unconditional :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Milky93
Has anybody applied for or had an interview for or had an offer for the PGCE primary starting in 2015? :smile:

Hey there! I have a place for 7-11 at BG! Will anyone be commuting from Grimsby at all? Xx
Reply 43
It won't let me add you :frown: add me lily Dalmedo
Reply 44
What sorts of things would you say I should study for the numeracy test ?
From what I remember, the numeracy test covered things that come up year six SATs. Area and perimeter, number patterns, prime numbers, angles and basic multiplication, division, addition and subtraction came up.
They may have changed the format, but the test wasn't too difficult and it was multiple choice!
Hope that helps!
Reply 46
[QUOTE=AlexGrace;61695593]From what I remember, the numeracy test covered things that come up year six SATs. Area and perimeter, number patterns, prime numbers, angles and basic multiplication, division, addition and subtraction came up.
They may have changed the format, but the test wasn't too difficult and it was multiple choice!
Hope that helps!

Hey what year was it when you were at your interview ?? Thanks for replying really helps I will do a few questions and brush up on some of my knowledge just a pity as maths is my weaker subject
Original post by Te55a1pd
Hey what year was it when you were at your interview ?? Thanks for replying really helps I will do a few questions and brush up on some of my knowledge just a pity as maths is my weaker subject

It was last year, so it probably hasn't changed too much!
Maths is my weaker subject too, but it wasn't too hard. We were given paper and pens to work things out, but it helps if you can do it mentally too.
Good luck!
Reply 48
[QUOTE=AlexGrace;61699351]It was last year, so it probably hasn't changed too much!
Maths is my weaker subject too, but it wasn't too hard. We were given paper and pens to work things out, but it helps if you can do it mentally too.
Good luck!

Really appreciate you commenting thanks. Also do you have any tips for the interactive part of the five minutes teaching task ! I was thinking about reading a story and then doing a task related to it . And do you have any tips advice for the qts maths ? Thanks a lot !!
Really appreciate you commenting thanks. Also do you have any tips for the interactive part of the five minutes teaching task ! I was thinking about reading a story and then doing a task related to it . And do you have any tips advice for the qts maths ? Thanks a lot !!

That's ok!

Reading a story sounds like a good idea. Make sure you ask questions and that all of your group has a chance to take part. I'd also recommend making it as interesting and exciting as possible - they want to see that you can think of activities that will engage the learners.

With the QTS, I'd recommend doing lots and lots of practice! The mental arithmetic part is very quick, you don't get much chance to work things out, so I'd definitely work on mental calculations. You can buy books which help you to pass the maths QTS, I got mine from WHSmith. I used Passing the Numeracy Skills Test, but there are quite a few different ones. I also used an online program called Numeracy Ready. It cost £20 but it was really, really useful. It gives you lots of chance to practice and it also includes videos which explain how to do certain questions.

Hi there a recently went for a an interview with BG for the upper primary course. The interactive part is very relaxed so choose a subject which your interested in, it's important to remember is that your presenting part of the curriculum to other adults on how you'd teach the subject matter to students (or at least that's how I played it). I passed my maths and English skills tests first time and I think the main thing to practice is the timing, I didn't require much as I was working with year 6's at the time so depending on your experience practice to you feel comfortable. Overall the BG interview was very natural in comparison to other uni's so try not to stress out and just do your best to let your personality come through, best of luck for whenever it is.
Reply 51
Hey I'm thinking of doing for the teaching task directed at children eyfs reception age as it asked me to choose national curriculum or eyfs reading them a story and then doing an activity that relates to it ? Which I've made. Do you think that would be okay? Obviously it's a children's book but hopefully won't be too childish and it will be okay ? Any tips ? How was the maths test on the day? I am nervous.

QUOTE=OneAlmightyRob;61755795]Hi there a recently went for a an interview with BG for the upper primary course. The interactive part is very relaxed so choose a subject which your interested in, it's important to remember is that your presenting part of the curriculum to other adults on how you'd teach the subject matter to students (or at least that's how I played it). I passed my maths and English skills tests first time and I think the main thing to practice is the timing, I didn't require much as I was working with year 6's at the time so depending on your experience practice to you feel comfortable. Overall the BG interview was very natural in comparison to other uni's so try not to stress out and just do your best to let your personality come through, best of luck for whenever it is.
Hey I'm thinking of doing for the teaching task directed at children eyfs reception age as it asked me to choose national curriculum or eyfs reading them a story and then doing an activity that relates to it ? Which I've made. Do you think that would be okay? Obviously it's a children's book but hopefully won't be too childish and it will be okay ? Any tips ? How was the maths test on the day? I am nervous.

I think that sounds fine for the task just make sure you concentrate on the activity aspect and how to make it as engaging as possible. I doubt it'll be too childish as long as you make it clear the age group the task would benefit in real practice. I'd practice the teaching task so you know what works and what can be improved upon. Try and make sure your inject as much as your personality and style into the task as possible so you can show off why you stand out. If your worried about the maths then I recommend looking at year 6 maths tests to get some practice on the terminology but none of it was too hard so try not to let it worry you. One tip I can give is look up some scholarly articles and books on teaching that a relevant to areas you are interested in and you can discuss throughout the interview day (use of terminology like this shows extra reading evidence and will go down well). Also you could mention how you used resources like this forum to help you as the ability to seek help if needed is a desirably trait in a teacher. A little bit of nervousness is fine they will understand that and BG staff were very good at making me feel relaxed on the day.
Hey! I've got my my interview tomorrow! I wouldn't worry about it too much! I go to BGU and they are all lovely. Just be confident and enthusitic! They like that a lot here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending