The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kylare
Anyone got an interview for 13. 1. at 13:15? I'll be the one that can't remember a word in English. :biggrin:

I don't have it for the 13th but I am afraid that I'll go totally blank and speak gibberish and not remember a word in English as well.

Good luck, let us know how it goes :biggrin:
Those who have used the ISC Medical Interview book, how did you manage to go through all the questions? I feel like all questions are very important and have an equal chance of being asked, but I don't have the time to go through EVERY single one so what should I do?
Original post by redddddd
Those who have used the ISC Medical Interview book, how did you manage to go through all the questions? I feel like all questions are very important and have an equal chance of being asked, but I don't have the time to go through EVERY single one so what should I do?

no one has the time to revise every single question, and no book contains all possible questions. dont bother stressing yourself out trying to read the whole book, just make sure you have a firm understanding of the key concepts. I only got asked about 2 questions from that book and all other ones were different and unexpected so I had to think on the spot.
They are seeing what you're like when faced with unexpected things, not how well you can memorise and recite a book ! Youve already shown you can do that by getting As in exams !
[QUOTE=sunburner;61698105]no one has the time to revise every single question, and no book contains all possible questions. dont bother stressing yourself out trying to read the whole book, just make sure you have a firm understanding of the key concepts. I only got asked about 2 questions from that book and all other ones were different and unexpected so I had to think on the spot.
They are seeing what you're like when faced with unexpected things, not how well you can memorise and recite a book ! Youve already shown you can do that by getting As in exams !
Alright okay.
You know theunexpected ones, are they easily able to think about on the spot. I am just scared because I am the type of person who goes blank. :frown:
Alright okay.
You know theunexpected ones, are they easily able to think about on the spot. I am just scared because I am the type of person who goes blank. :frown:

Yea so am I but I didn't find any of them too difficult. It is OK to take a few moments to think. You do not have to answer straight away ! Most of the questions are just common sense, just understand the ethics and you'll be OK
Original post by sunburner
Yea so am I but I didn't find any of them too difficult. It is OK to take a few moments to think. You do not have to answer straight away ! Most of the questions are just common sense, just understand the ethics and you'll be OK

Hey have you had a dundee inteview already? If do how did you feel it went?
I really really hope they don't ask questions on skills like tell us a time where you used good team work/leadership skills or a time when you were in an argument or something bla bla
Reply 247
Does anyone know whether the wait to hear back will be the same as A100 for the A104 pre medical course?
[QUOTE=ljholt;61710745]Does anyone know whether the wait to hear back will be the same as A100 for the A104 pre medical course?

I think so. Have you had your interview or are you still waiting to hear back about whether you got an interview or nott?
Reply 249
I think so. Have you had your interview or are you still waiting to hear back about whether you got an interview or nott?

I had my interview in December, I was just hoping that because there's normally fewer applicants for A104 it might get processed quicker.
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE=ljholt;6172045]I had my interview in December, I was just hoping that because there's normally fewer applicants for A104 it might get processed quicker.
How was it? Mine is in January for A104 and I guess they will wait until all A104 interviews are done before processing. I wonder how many applied for A104 this year.
Did you apply for it because you didnt have chemistry or because of contexual background?
Reply 251
How was it? Mine is in January for A104 and I guess they will wait until all A104 interviews are done before processing. I wonder how many applied for A104 this year.
Did you apply for it because you didnt have chemistry or because of contexual background?

I applied due to a lack of chemistry but I found the interview to be good I think, just have to wait to march to find out :frown:

I had a look online for number of applicants and found a link that said for A104 in 2014/2015 they had 45 grad applicants, 8 mature and 78 others (presumably A level etc) and they gave out interviews to 11 other and less than 5 graduates. Out of them interviews they gave 7 offers to others and less than 5 offers to graduates. Not certain as to whether that's accurate or not however.
Those females who have had interviews already, what did you wear?
Those females who have had interviews already, what did you wear?

Depends on what you feel comfortable in :smile:
I wore shirt&trouser&warm jacket because Ive been to Dundee several times and I know its FREEZING in Dundee, so I would stick with trousers.
But if you don't like wearing trousers, don't worry, a lot people on the day of my interview wore dress/pencil skirt+shirt/suit/suit+pencil skirt etc. It really depends on your style and what you like. Just make sure you're cosy and warm and don't catch a cold or something.
Anything smart would do. Try to avoid bright colours/strange patterns:wink:(i have seen people doing it trust me
Heels would be nice, especially if you're small(like me). But if you've never walked in heels, I wouldn't risk it.
Where to find information about NHS's targets and the changes its going through? I have been told by many to have a look at that before the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I have an Interview for Medicine this week but I'm not sure exactly what I should wear. Are skinny ties okay? For those who have been to interview what were people actually wearing? If suits, which colour? Thanks
Original post by Da_Don_1997
Hi

I have an Interview for Medicine this week but I'm not sure exactly what I should wear. Are skinny ties okay? For those who have been to interview what were people actually wearing? If suits, which colour? Thanks

I haven't had mine yet so I can't say anything but is your interview on the 13th or the 15th?
Neither
I haven't had mine yet so I can't say anything but is your interview on the 13th or the 15th?
Original post by Da_Don_1997
Neither

Oh sorry, I thought these were the only 2 dates left.
Oh sorry, I thought these were the only 2 dates left.

My one is on the 14th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending