The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
Speechless at that line up with Wilshere in it.

Golden Boy > Broken Boy.

Even

Giroud
Sanchez Ozil Walcott is better tbf

Golden boy has dreadful stats.

Maybe in 3 or 4 years he'll be good enough to can Sanchez' boots :smile:
Original post by leinad2012
Even

Giroud
Sanchez Ozil Walcott is better tbf

Golden boy has dreadful stats.

Maybe in 3 or 4 years he'll be good enough to can Sanchez' boots :smile:

Dreadful stats because he's playing in a dreadful team out wide. Walcott had dead stats until Wenger went full FIFA pace abuse:colonhash:

Walcott in this current United team would easily struggle. As would Sanchez.

Golden Boy will be better than Sanchez ever was. Unlike him he won't move from a better team to a ****ter one.
Yes. Shots.
Original post by Rk2k14
Dreadful stats because he's playing in a dreadful team out wide. Walcott had dead stats until Wenger went full FIFA pace abuse:colonhash:

Walcott in this current United team would easily struggle. As would Sanchez.

Golden Boy will be better than Sanchez ever was. Unlike him he won't move from a better team to a ****ter one.
Yes. Shots.

I'd have thought you wouldn't be so salty considering you won today :wink:
Seriously the Martial love in is pretty tragic, guy isn't that great.

**** sake city!!!!
leinad definitely doesn't watch United
Original post by difeo

Bet he doesn't watch paint dry either.
Original post by difeo

Normally fall asleep within 5 minutes tbf.

Don't worry boys, Martial will be best in the world, just like Macheda, Januzaj and Zaha were before him :smile:

Dem feels when has been Rooney has scored same number of goals this season as Martial :colone:
Reply 2306
Where's that retard atom bla bla something trying to defend ox

I told you he was **** ya morons.
Chat **** now
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Was asleep so didn't watch the match but it sounds like we were terrible. Getting the win is the only thing that matters though. Just a shame Watford couldn't hold on.
Hope Elneny gets the work permit in time for Sunderland

Don't worry boys, Martial will be best in the world, just like Macheda, Januzaj and Zaha were before him :smile:

Dem feels when has been Rooney has scored same number of goals this season as Martial :colone:

thx for confirming that you are rating a player you don't watch

only Januzaj was hyped of those three

Was Oxlade horrendous again?

We need Mahrez.
I'd have thought you wouldn't be so salty considering you won today :wink:
Seriously the Martial love in is pretty tragic, guy isn't that great.

**** sake city!!!!

Didn't know Arsenal fans were this bitter on missing out on him:biggrin:

I'm impressed you can last 5 minutes tbh normally our boring football puts people to sleep instantly

Our fans are ridiculous at overrating players but don't pretend your lot don't do the same
Martial looks a good and exciting player and the type who would fit well at Arsenal.

I think he could be the most significant move by LVG in the long run at United.

The only question mark for me over Martial was I think United took a bit of a gamble with the price they paid. £36m up front with the potential to rise to nearly £60m with bonus clauses is what you'd pay for the finished article. I'd even raise eyebrows at paying that for Lukaku or Kane.

With young talent you never know whether it will turn out as good as early promise. I remember thinking Adebayor was going to be an incredible player when he first broke through, he had strength, decent pace, height, dominant in the air and good feet, looked like he had everything.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Martial looks a good and exciting player and the type who would fit well at Arsenal.

I think he could be the most significant move by LVG in the long run at United.

The only question mark for me over Martial was I think United took a bit of a gamble with the price they paid. £36m up front with the potential to rise to nearly £60m with bonus clauses is what you'd pay for the finished article. I'd even raise eyebrows at paying that for Lukaku or Kane.

With young talent you never know whether it will turn out as good as early promise. I remember thinking Adebayor was going to be an incredible player when he first broke through, he had strength, decent pace, height, dominant in the air and good feet, looked like he had everything.

Adebayor was made to look a lot better than he actually was by Cesc.

Nasri and Fabregas would have both went on to become amazing had they stayed imo.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Adebayor was made to look a lot better than he actually was by Cesc.

Nasri and Fabregas would have both went on to become amazing had they stayed imo.

Arsenal fan here. Cesc did go on to be great? He's won the league here in England and in Spain. Nasri won the league when he left too. As did Van Persie, Clichy, Cashley Cole. As much as we Gooners give them guys stick, their decisions were justified to leave us as they won Premier League medals. Imo, Nasri was made to look a lot better by Cesc and RVP too.
Original post by difeo
thx for confirming that you are rating a player you don't watch

only Januzaj was hyped of those three

I watch United and I've gotta say, Martial is looking like a real prospect. But even you as a United fan can say that he is made to look even better by the rest of the team performing to a sub-standard level. He's been the only United player who can hold his head high through this poor patch of form for you boys.
Original post by gooner_hsj
Arsenal fan here. Cesc did go on to be great? He's won the league here in England and in Spain. Nasri won the league when he left too. As did Van Persie, Clichy, Cashley Cole. As much as we Gooners give them guys stick, their decisions were justified to leave us as they won Premier League medals. Imo, Nasri was made to look a lot better by Cesc and RVP too.

Nah, Cesc regressed as a player but he did win medals. Nasri was hitting the form of his career and could have sustained it for a longer period of time with Wenger - he did not really develop at City.

The rest made the right decision for their careers.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Nah, Cesc regressed as a player but he did win medals. Nasri was hitting the form of his career and could have sustained it for a longer period of time with Wenger - he did not really develop at City.

The rest made the right decision for their careers.

Cesc's regression as a player wasn't to do with his move, it's to do with the fact he wasn't the go to player. At Arsenal, everything ran through him. It wasn't like that at Barca, other players were better. For the half a season it was like that at Chelsea, he devastated the league with his assists. It was only second half of the season, where Hazard really shone and Cesc didn't get the ball as much and not every play went through him.
Original post by gooner_hsj
Cesc's regression as a player wasn't to do with his move, it's to do with the fact he wasn't the go to player. At Arsenal, everything ran through him. It wasn't like that at Barca, other players were better. For the half a season it was like that at Chelsea, he devastated the league with his assists. It was only second half of the season, where Hazard really shone and Cesc didn't get the ball as much and not every play went through him.

Plus he has his usual second half of the season siesta. Harder to fall into that trap when you are the go to man for the team.

Latest