The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TornadoGR4
It'll be a good atmosphere because Sheffield United are turning up. As much as I hate to admit it, the Sheffield clubs have fantastic support

They'll have a 9,000 allocation as well. Should be an easy 3-0 win but you just know it'll be 0-0 and a defeat in the replay
**** man, we actually won today

Mane? seriously? that's our solution to our current attacking woes? Saido Mane? the guy with 3 goals for Southampton this season? we need either a proven goalscorer or someone with pace out wide who can create chances for us, not over-rated players who've had their flash in pan seasons and now look mediocre.
For a January signing I'd take Mane over Anderson. He clearly wants out and he'd be a handy option. Fee would be 30-40mill but our absence of attacking options and the problem of the Jan window means we should go for him. Who else can we sign? Is Stones available in January? Id take Mane, ideally I'd take a Remy style sub striker too, someone like Austin who could sit on the bench but make a difference if he came on.

If City get Isco though for the 25mill (as is rumoured) I may cry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WalkingAbortion
Mane? seriously? that's our solution to our current attacking woes? Saido Mane? the guy with 3 goals for Southampton this season? we need either a proven goalscorer or someone with pace out wide who can create chances for us, not over-rated players who've had their flash in pan seasons and now look mediocre.

What proven goalscorers are available in January?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 goals from the wing, that's comparable to Martial has considering 3 (I think) of his 5 were from up front. He's also got 6 assists, 1 less than Mahrez and Silva. And pace is something you really can't accuse him of not having.
If Southampton sold Mane and Wanyama (also queried his absence) say for the 30 each. How much have soton made from sales? Shaw, Schneid, Lambert, Lallana, Chambers, Lovren about £120mill between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man
What proven goalscorers are available in January?

Posted from TSR Mobile

supposedly Benzema and others are possibly on the move, rather we went for someone like that then Mane ffs.

Original post by difeo
3 goals from the wing, that's comparable to Martial has considering 3 (I think) of his 5 were from up front. He's also got 6 assists, 1 less than Mahrez and Silva. And pace is something you really can't accuse him of not having.

he's not even close to the same level as players like Felipe Anderson though, why the hell are we paying MORE for LESS of a player? it's absurd.
supposedly Benzema and others are possibly on the move, rather we went for someone like that then Mane ffs.

he's not even close to the same level as players like Felipe Anderson though, why the hell are we paying MORE for LESS of a player? it's absurd.

Do you watch much of Lazio? :wink:
Original post by difeo
Do you watch much of Lazio? :wink:

ive watched enough of him playing to be able to tell he's many times better than Mane is, yet people want us to pay more for Mane. we need to make good signings

Like it or not Mane has also proven himself in the PL. Players from Serie A are unreliable in terms of instant impact. Mane would improve our season immediately.

No way is Benzema leaving in Jan. If so then yes we should try. But to abandon Mane to gamble that we go for Benzema? Madness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mane won't improve us, I can tell you that right now for free, will be sold for a fraction of his fee within a year or two.
Mata in the middle with the pace of Mane, Young and Martial around him >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Days pf mata at 10 are gone ...doesnt make a big enough impact....where was he v swansea?

Why do you think we should get anderson?
Mane is a good player but I don't like his attitude. It's clear that this turning up late thing just at the start of the transfer window is a way of him agitating for a transfer.

When you are in tough times you need players who have the right attitude and commitment. Some players respect the game, respect their club, respect their team mates. Other players are basically individuals who are in it for themselves.

Tevez had an uneasy relationship with United and when he went to City his true colours came out. I would be wary of Mane.

I also think he is hit and miss as a player. He has occasional amazing games and then goes quiet.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Mane is a good player but I don't like his attitude. It's clear that this turning up late thing just at the start of the transfer window is a way of him agitating for a transfer.

When you are in tough times you need players who have the right attitude and commitment. Some players respect the game, respect their club, respect their team mates. Other players are basically individuals who are in it for themselves.

Tevez had an uneasy relationship with United and when he went to City his true colours came out. I would be wary of Mane.

I also think he is hit and miss as a player. He has occasional amazing games and then goes quiet.

Who do you want?
People and this "proven in the PL" b.s.

Anderson >>>> Mane
Mane is incredibly average, that's not who we need.

Buy Lukaku and Stones. Sell Fellaini. Recall Januzaj and let him fight with Young for RW.

De Gea
Darmian Smalling Stones Shaw
Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger
Young Mata/Rooney Martial
Lukaku
Original post by Manchester United
Mane is incredibly average, that's not who we need.

Buy Lukaku and Stones. Sell Fellaini. Recall Januzaj and let him fight with Young for RW.

De Gea
Darmian Smalling Stones Shaw
Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger
Young Mata/Rooney Martial
Lukaku

And no way will be able to get both in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest