The Student Room Group

Is Spotify worth going premium?

I downloaded the app, and the play music offline feature sounds really good.

I already pay £9.99 a month for my kindle books thing (WHICH IS NOT WORTH IT!!!) so I'm thinking of cancelling that and swapping (actually I'm cancelling it anyway...) but is it really worth it? or a waste of money? orrr is there some way of getting around that "offline" feature :colone:

Actually kindle unlimited is £7.99....:colonhash: such a waste smh.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think it's worth it, yes. Much cheaper for me to pay £9.99 per month for unlimited music than paying for CDs or downloading music from other places. Plus, if I don't like an album, I've not wasted money on it. I can just delete and download another album.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

I already pay £9.99 a month for my kindle books thing (WHICH IS NOT WORTH IT!!!) so I'm thinking of cancelling that and swapping (actually I'm cancelling it anyway...) but is it really worth it? or a waste of money? orrr is there some way of getting around that "offline" feature :colone:

I would never pay that much for it. I got premium for 99p for 3 months which is great, the offline feature is very handy when you're away from home. The deal was for new customers.

Actually kindle unlimited is £7.99....:colonhash: such a waste smh.

You can get four months' worth of Spotify Premium for essentially nothing so you could try it out for yourself and see how you find it. Basically, everybody can get a month-long free trial, and after that (assuming they don't end it by then), you can sign up to a cancel-anytime deal which gets you Premium for three months for £0.99 (i.e. £0.33/month) -- essentially nothing, as I said. :wink:
i use Spotify for free. you just get moronic adverts every 20 minutes is all.
Original post by ArcticSlayer
I would never pay that much for it. I got premium for 99p for 3 months which is great, the offline feature is very handy when you're away from home. The deal was for new customers.

No way! :colonhash:

I wouldn't pay that much either tbh, that is why I'm asking. Also I am cancelling my Kindle subscription so I could afford it...butttt it's whether it's worth it or not.
I can get it for free.
This has been my life for years....:o:

It is terrible quality. Until I found sound cloud :colondollar: but that doesn't work offline either.:angry:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Xenon17
You're funny. I don't pay anything.

Original post by Kholmes1
I can get it for free.

How, offline as well?
Original post by Hydeman
You can get four months' worth of Spotify Premium for essentially nothing so you could try it out for yourself and see how you find it. Basically, everybody can get a month-long free trial, and after that (assuming they don't end it by then), you can sign up to a cancel-anytime deal which gets you Premium for three months for £0.99 (i.e. £0.33/month) -- essentially nothing, as I said. :wink:

After the month long free trail? REALLY?!
I've used premium for about 1.5 years and I think it's worth it, the offline mode is insanely handy IMO and no ads is a godsend.

Even without all those 99p deals etc. I think if you're a university student you can get premium @ £4.99 a month and some phone contracts include spotify with them.
Lol I never realised until I heard really good quality. Then I felt like a peasant for using mp3 converter for so long XD
No way! :colonhash:

I wouldn't pay that much either tbh, that is why I'm asking. Also I am cancelling my Kindle subscription so I could afford it...butttt it's whether it's worth it or not.

It may be worth it, if you got a discount. I'm pretty certain that students can get it for £5 a month (if you've got an NUS or unidays card). I wouldn't bother with that route because I don't want to pay £12 or whatever for a NUS card when a student card is sufficient for discounts nowadays.. at least for me.

And to be honest, I've got premium but I mostly use Spotify on my computer, where the free version is good enough. On my phone, I tend to just use SoundCloud or YouTube. :h:
Ahhhhhhhh man you missed the offer - 3 months of premium for 99p :lol:
It may be worth it, if you got a discount. I'm pretty certain that students can get it for £5 a month (if you've got an NUS or unidays card). I wouldn't bother with that route because I don't want to pay £12 or whatever for a NUS card when a student card is sufficient for discounts nowadays.. at least for me.

And to be honest, I've got premium but I mostly use Spotify on my computer, where the free version is good enough. On my phone, I tend to just use SoundCloud or YouTube. :h:

true, true
Do you pay full for premium or not?

Hm...I'm not sure :redface: I think I'm going to go for a walk, come back and then decide. XD
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Ahhhhhhhh man you missed the offer - 3 months of premium for 99p :lol:

:frown: When was this? :frown:
true, true
Do you pay full for premium or not?

Hm...I'm not sure :redface: I think I'm going to go for a walk, come back and then decide. XD

No, just 99p or free trials. I've think I've made like 5 free trials lol.
No, just 99p or free trials. I've think I've made like 5 free trials lol.

Can I still do this? Or no? :frown:
After the month long free trail? REALLY?!

Really.

Okay, it might be different for new customers, but that's how it was for me. :smile: I used up my month-long free trial in 2013 and had ignored all the advertising for the three-month thing until now because I didn't know that it could be cancelled at any time (i.e. I thought that if I signed up to it, I would be obliged to continue paying for Premium after the first three months).

I've just used up the first of the three months because I got a new phone on contract at the same time and Vodafone gave me unlimited 4G data for the first two months so I figured it was abuse time. :cool:

But yeah, just make an account and see what's on offer. :tongue:
Can I still do this? Or no? :frown:

If you make a new email and a new account, which is relatively simple, yes you can. I just cancel trials/premium things straightaway so I don't forget about the recurring payments.

The 99p thing just ended a few days ago :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest