The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Where's that retard atom bla bla something trying to defend ox

I told you he was **** ya morons.
Chat **** now
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've stated that ox is wasting himself away and I'm losing faith. Im on record that campbell is ahead of him.

Now, defending him when he played well from criticism and you just so that you can throw a bitch fit and act like a prepubertal hater is different.

Anyways, didn't you backtrack and claim that you weren't been serious. Backtracking on the backtrack. Damn!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2321
Original post by atom y humber
I've stated that ox is wasting himself away and I'm losing faith. Im on record that campbell is ahead of him.

Now, defending him when he played well from criticism and you just so that you can throw a bitch fit and act like a prepubertal hater is different.

Anyways, didn't you backtrack and claim that you weren't been serious. Backtracking on the backtrack. Damn!

Yeah because saying bring on Sanogo is blatantly serious.

I think we should bench Alexis when he is back btw all he does is lose the ball

Posted from TSR Mobile
At Chelsea Cesc wasn't even a go to player. Hazard always was the go to player, Fabregas complemented it as he is our second best creative player.
Wenger dodging questions about transfers. Basically he is willing to overwork our midfield. Elneny signing might not even happen. Who knows, we might even go into our big away games without a midfield :wink:
Original post by gooner_hsj
Arsenal fan here. Cesc did go on to be great? He's won the league here in England and in Spain. Nasri won the league when he left too. As did Van Persie, Clichy, Cashley Cole. As much as we Gooners give them guys stick, their decisions were justified to leave us as they won Premier League medals. Imo, Nasri was made to look a lot better by Cesc and RVP too.

Winning medals is one thing but it's not the definition of greatness. Fernando Torres went on a downhill spiral as a player when he joined Chelsea but that's where he won Champions League and Europa Cup medals as well as the European Championship.

From those players' perspectives the moves away from Arsenal were good but from Arsenal's perspective the sales were not as bad as people have thought. I remember after Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy were sold and Arsenal got smashed by 8 goals at United early the next season it seemed to herald the decline of Arsenal as a big club. But Wenger rebuilt the team with players who went on to be better than those ones.

Ashley Cole was overall the biggest loss to Arsenal in terms of being sold cheaply and having 5-6 years ahead as a great left back.

Van Persie was sold at the right time: £21.5m for a player approaching the end of his contract who basically had half a season left as a top performer. That £21.5m allowed Fergie to win the league in his last season. Giroud for RVP seemed like a major step down at the time but since the start of 2012, Giroud has been better.

Fabregas....the jury is out on him since leaving Arsenal IMO. For his English return you can say it's like RVP. Half a season of superb form which helped a team win a Premier League. For Barca it's hard to judge because he went in to a team with so many great players in his position he was not being signed as the driving playmaker he was at Arsenal. He was shunted around the side. He did OK but every year he dropped off second half of the season. Cazorla has been consistent since he joined in 2012 and I can see why Wenger didn't take up the option of getting Cesc back in 2014.

Nasri has done OK for City but as they have upgraded their squad he has become more of a squad player. But had he stayed at Arsenal with players like Sanchez, Ozil and Cazorla coming in I think the same would have happened.

Clichy IMO was always a bit overrated. Monreal is better.
Original post by MagicNMedicine

Van Persie was sold at the right time: £21.5m for a player approaching the end of his contract who basically had half a season left as a top performer. That £21.5m allowed Fergie to win the league in his last season. Giroud for RVP seemed like a major step down at the time but since the start of 2012, Giroud has been better.

You mean 2013, and even then I'm not sure about that. RVP was scoring over 1 in 2 from the start of 2013 to the end of the 13-14 season, even though the majority of that was in a terrible Moyes team. Giroud was getting closer to 1 in 3 in a far better team.

Here's them compared in 13-14: http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2013/2014/olivier_giroud/165/64/115/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/robin_van_persie/126/64/195/0/p#goals_scored/assists/key_passes/pass_completion/shot_accuracy#90

The only issue is RVP was injured a lot throughout 13-14, playing 21 to Giroud's 36. But given he'd had over 2 years completely injury-free, and Moyes' heavy training methods have been talked about as the cause, it seems likely he wouldn't have had so many problems had he still been at Arsenal.
Reply 2326
Banter if the top 4 is

Arsenal
Leicester
Spurs
City

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo

The only issue is RVP was injured a lot throughout 13-14, playing 21 to Giroud's 36. But given he'd had over 2 years completely injury-free, and Moyes' heavy training methods have been talked about as the cause, it seems likely he wouldn't have had so many problems had he still been at Arsenal.

Well injuries are always a factor when you think of RVP and will have been factored in the decision to sell him at age 29 for £23m (£21.5m plus £1.5 if United won a Premier League).

RVP was at Arsenal for eight seasons and only scored more than 11 Premier League goals in two of them, because he had injuries nearly every year. He only really had one uninterrupted season, his last one. Even this penultimate one 10/11 he had problems but he had a great run in the second half of the season which started the golden patch of his career.

So it's hard to look at the fact he had injuries under David Moyes as being a freak event and if Moyes' training methods were supposed to be a cause there's no guarantee that Arsenal would have kept him injury free as most years Arsenal have more injuries than their rivals.

I still think in an ideal world Wenger would have wanted RVP on board for another couple of seasons but given he was refusing to sign a new contract and was approaching 30, given his injury record, the fee United were offering was a no-brainer. It was uncharacteristic of Fergie to spend so much but I think he was anxious at the fact Man City were chasing him and didn't want to have his final years as United manager being subservient to City.
City's comeback yesterday felt like a loss. Not only was it a great chance to be 6 points ahead of our closest tital rivals, but it would have really dented their confidence. But now they seem over the moon and ready to go on a run.

Next three games are absolutely crucial. Given our record in these fixtures, I'd be delighted with 6/9 points.
Original post by AR_95
Yeah because saying bring on Sanogo is blatantly serious.

I think we should bench Alexis when he is back btw all he does is lose the ball

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it that you chat so much **** you can't keep up with yourself? You only mentioned Sanogo to go with the myth weren't been serious. But the real thing is, if you're not been serious, why bring it up again to try and justify yourself?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3714521&page=108&highlight=&p=61581995#post61581995
Oh look, some blue noses are in imperious form going into 2016. Plotting the ultimate overthrow they are.
Original post by AliRizzo
City's comeback yesterday felt like a loss. Not only was it a great chance to be 6 points ahead of our closest tital rivals, but it would have really dented their confidence. But now they seem over the moon and ready to go on a run.

Next three games are absolutely crucial. Given our record in these fixtures, I'd be delighted with 6/9 points.

I always sense with City that they are not far away from going on an unbeatable run. If Aguero stays fit and Kompany gets back then they will finish the season like they started. They have far too much firepower when all of Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva, Toure and Sterling are playing.

I have a funny feeling about this season that it will end up as an anti-climax. People say at this point, it could go down to the wire, most unpredictable season in years but my sense is that City will pick up in momentum and Arsenal won't be able to afford any stumble, injuries or no.

Especially an anti-climax for Arsenal if they finish 2nd and trophyless, wind up merchants from other clubs will be shouting HAHA trophyless worse than the last two years, Arsenal are the ultimate bottlers. And Piers Morgan will reemerge as self-appointed voice of the Emirates terraces with his anti-Wenger campaign and say why were Arsenal slow off the blocks when Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti and Mourinho were all available.
Reply 2332
Is it that you chat so much **** you can't keep up with yourself? You only mentioned Sanogo to go with the myth weren't been serious. But the real thing is, if you're not been serious, why bring it up again to try and justify yourself?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3714521&page=108&highlight=&p=61581995#post61581995

But my 3rd foot is more useful then Oxlade Chamberlain!!!

What a gimp.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AliRizzo

I think we've gotta be aiming for 7 points at the minimum. It honestly all depends on us beating Liverpool or not. If we can, then I see no reason why we cannot beat both Stoke and Chelsea, but I fear that if we lose to Liverpool, we'll lose to Stoke and then lose to Chelsea too.

Arsenal are tough to support. When we lose a big game, we either crumble or bounce back, the thing is, Liverpool will be looking to put on a strong showing. If we lose to them, the worst possible game to follow that up would have been Stoke away. Our record there is poor to say the least. For me, Gabriel needs to start ahead of Mertesacker and Elneny has to be wrapped up.

I would say it is a big risk playing Elneny against Liverpool, considering he hasn't played in England before. I'd actually say it's risky playing him for all of the next three league games. Maybe I'd start him against Sunderland, but my preferred midfield would be Chambers-Flamini for the game at Anfield. Feel that with Alexis back, Walcott playing well, Özil playing how he is and Giroud also playing well, that we can have enough going forward without having to play Ramsey.
Elneny played in the Basel sides that drew at Liverpool and Tottenham.

Atm his signature could be the difference between the 4-0 at Southampton being the precursor to horrendous away form, and a genuine title challenge.
Original post by AR_95
But my 3rd foot is more useful then Oxlade Chamberlain!!!

What a gimp.

How long till you backtrack on this statement. The clock on the wall is ticking.
Reply 2336
How long till you backtrack on this statement. The clock on the wall is ticking.

You're a pathetic excuse of a fan tbh you should be more supportive of our players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
Elneny played in the Basel sides that drew at Liverpool and Tottenham.

Atm his signature could be the difference between the 4-0 at Southampton being the precursor to horrendous away form, and a genuine title challenge.

Potentially yes, but it is too early to expect him to change everything for us instantly is what I am trying to say.
Wait so AR slags off Chamberlain, then says Atom should be more supportive of your players?

[video="youtube;eBPqksG9nbA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA[/video]
Reply 2339
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Wait so AR slags off Chamberlain, then says Atom should be more supportive of your players?

[video="youtube;eBPqksG9nbA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA[/video]

I am Ox's biggest supporter.

Latest