The Student Room Group

Would you date/marry/sex with someone who has aids

Poll

Aids

The aids person in question has the wealth, personality, job and whatever

Scroll to see replies

yes, if I liked them. These days between barrier methods, PrEP and PEP the risk is minimal. And I don't want to have kids so there wouldn't be a problem when it came to that either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
As above; HIV/AIDS is no longer the death sentence it used to be, and the risks of catching it from someone who takes medication is next to nil. The stigma against HIV/AIDS is wrong and uses outdated information. You're more likely to catch HIV/AIDS from someone who has had unprotected sex but doesn't want to admit to themselves that they may have caught it, hence not getting tested and going without treatment, while maintaining the same lifestyle.
Original post by dicetheslice
the aids person in question has the wealth, personality, job and whatever

Tbh wouldnt even want anything to do with someone with HIV/AIDS, like wouldnt even want to shake their hand or be in the same room as them
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by DiceTheSlice
The aids person in question has the wealth, personality, job and whatever

No I would contain them
Original post by Zweihander
Tbh wouldnt even want anything to do with someone with HIV/AIDS, like wouldnt even want to shake their hand or be in the same room as them

Original post by Gears265
No I would contain them

Damn you guys living in the 80s or something?

Why is that? You must know that it's not contagious in that way - you can't catch HIV from shaking somebody's hand.

that's completely misinformed and childish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
that's completely misinformed and childish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would take "misinformed and childish + NO HIV" over "informed and mature + HIV"

Thanks

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Why is that? You must know that it's not contagious in that way - you can't catch HIV from shaking somebody's hand.

That's very bold of you to say.

Have no idea what that person could have been doing before I shook their hand (for all I know they could have been treating a wound or smth, and got their blood on their hands).

All I know is, if I dont interact with people with HIV/AIDS, the chance of getting it from them is 0%, and I like the sound of those odds.
(edited 8 years ago)
If they where fit enough, then it's alright if they have aids. but only if they're as fit as ferris bueller's girlfriend on ferris bueller's day off
Would take "misinformed and childish + NO HIV" over "informed and mature + HIV"

Thanks

Have no idea what that person could have been doing before I shook their hand (for all I know they could have been treating a wound or smth, and got their blood on their hands).

All I know is, if I dont interact with people with HIV/AIDS, the chance of getting it from them is 0%, and I like the sound of those odds.

The HIV virus cannot live outside of the body, so unless you have an open wound in your hand and he has and open wound in his hand you won't get HIV
My name Jeff
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
The HIV virus cannot live outside of the body, so unless you have an open wound in your hand and he has and open wound in his hand you won't get HIV

In the case of HIV/AIDS, there is nothing for me to gain from educating myself on the disease, so yes, I and many other people, chose to be willfully ignorant on this matter.

I'm sorry but the reality is that unless you have had HIV from birth or you were raped or smth (in which case it's not your fault), if people know you have HIV you should expect to be ostracized.
(edited 8 years ago)

Okay, so I grant you it isn't completely impossible, but you'd both have to have open wounds on your hands, and even then you'd have only a very low chance. Is it really worth alienating someone even when you know that you don't have an open wound of any sort?
are u dizzy bruv
Reply 15
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

what if we both had cuts on our hands?
I picked Jeff for the banta and for the banta only
Original post by Schrödingers Cat

but that risk factor
and you'ree going to have sex so it can easily happen
I'd rather not
People need to educate themselves about AIDS before commenting, at the end of the day if they are honest with you and you protect yourself (as you should anyway) I don't understand the stigma
how do you have a baby
if all the sex has to be protected

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending