The Student Room Group

Really worried about my results

I'm doing my AS levels at the moment, and I feel like I'm not good enough. My girlfriend is currently top of the year, and my two closest friends got 1st and 3rd highest GCSE results in the year. I constantly compare myself to them, and hate the fact that I feel like I will never be as good. I got AAAABBBBD at GCSE, and my AS predicted results are most lower than expected. Are my GCSE results good enough, and do I have a chance at the Russell Group?
Reply 1
Bump
Russel Groups don't give a **** about GCSEs unless the course specifys it.
Reply 3
Original post by SideShowWill2
Russel Groups don't give a **** about GCSEs unless the course specifys it.

It's more my awful ALIS grades as well.
Hello lonelywolfe,

I'm Anne, and it looks like you just got a bad case of the worries, that's all. What you should do is just do your best and hope for the best. We are but mere mortal humans and we cannot be expected to be the excel at everything we do so it's rather unproductive and detrimental to over-criticise yourself in comparison with you friends.

I know I've been there, I dropped out of school when I was just about to start the 11th grade because I had lost faith in my country's education system (Vietnam) so 2015 was probably the most unstable year of my entire life due to this decision. And gosh did I feel like rubbish, while all my peers were getting all sorts of achievements, I'd been frantically looking for an alternative with no results. I felt hopeless, ready to give up and reapply to school in shame and disgrace, until I found it. My resolution, the one key to untangle the mess of 2015. How did I find it? I found it in time through waiting and being patient. Therefore, do not punish yourself with the accusation of incompetence, but wait and you will find the light.

Best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest