The Student Room Group

The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo
Not saying you're useless on the ball - just that taking players on isn't your strength, and not acting like you're the only one with a weakness.

You have a point with the bold. Our wingers come inside looking for the ball, and our strikers come deep looking for it, which makes everything congested. We just need to stretch the pitch with you being right on the last man and the wingers being near the touchline. That'll make the CAM's job so much easier.

Fair enough.
Yeah it's probably my biggest weakness. I have all the movement I need and my link up is excellent but I still need to work on that. Regardless of how big or small your pro is, if you play up front, there will always come a time when you're forced to take on a player.

Yeah exactly. I come deep to much but I think that's more because I like to link up with the midfield in a more fluid fashion.
I feel like i'd be really good in the 4-4-1-1 formation - being a link between the midfield and strikers.

We definitely need more width though. Being able to clear the ball out with to Rk for instance would be a massive help and would definitely improve our chances.

Original post by Rk2k14
That would require tinkering the philosphee then.

Lucio should go back to being manmore so he gives us that option to cross.

Number of times we try to play through the middle, when its not working and it leaves us susceptible to the counter.

Not to mention set pieces.

You laugh about it but that's exactly the problem.
We've played a lot of games since dirtybit left and we're all too used to never crossing and playing a ground game.
So even when i've gone manmore for a few games, we've never bothered crossing to him or aiming for him simply because it isn't an instinct anymore.

I'm completely happy to go back to being a big guy, however there's no point me doing so if we can't adapt our playing style.
Aiming for him from every goal kick is a must - we lose possession almost every single time and that needs to stop.

It's nice to have an alternative route to score and it's a great feeling beating teams 1-0 from a simple headed goal from a corner.
All I ask is that if I go to being a target man again, the players taking the kicks learn how much power is needed to get it on his head. Too often i've seen the player not put full power on the goal kick and it going to the 5'8 CAM instead. That's no good.
Anyone coming on?
Original post by Lúcio
Anyone coming on?

Im back and can come on
Original post by Dirtybit
Im back and can come on

Cool

I have work tomorrow though so can only play until 10:30/11
@Rk2k14
@difeo

Yoo lads?
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
You should've realised I was joking when I called you Blackman.

Anyway you're right that at times these lot are ****e. Personally think the fault lies with the man who's ANY (admittedly it's a difficult job) but when you dominate matches and concede from set-pieces you're gonna go down. Also yeah our striker isn't good enough. Luke in all honesty is a good pro clubs player, pretty unselfish and has good movement but he's not a natural number 9, he should either play AM or on the wing (or as a target man SS).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree.

Tbh I'd make a good ANY but I prefer not to play.

The lack of pace in our ST is a reason why I tend to hold on longer to the ball and not just go for killer passes at every opportunity(because it's ****ing useless half the time)

I would much rather prefer one or two of the wingers tucking inward so that we can overload a flank, then that gives us a bit more time and space in good areas of the pitch. I think that players are uncomfortable in playing in tight spaces and just look for the easy option(run down the wing and cross hoping for a header which is the most ineffective way of scoring a goal). I've made my feelings clear on this though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Agree.

Tbh I'd make a good ANY but I prefer not to play.

The lack of pace in our ST is a reason why I tend to hold on longer to the ball and not just go for killer passes at every opportunity(because it's ****ing useless half the time)

I would much rather prefer one or two of the wingers tucking inward so that we can overload a flank, then that gives us a bit more time and space in good areas of the pitch. I think that players are uncomfortable in playing in tight spaces and just look for the easy option(run down the wing and cross hoping for a header which is the most ineffective way of scoring a goal). I've made my feelings clear on this though.

you're at least a month behind
Original post by difeo
you're at least a month behind

You changed up your style then?
Original post by jam277
You changed up your style then?

We now have a possession-based philosophy
Original post by difeo
We now have a possession-based philosophy

Wanna quick game btw or going straight to pro clubs?
Original post by jam277
Wanna quick game btw or going straight to pro clubs?

clubs because we'll probably only play until 10:30 tonight as people have work tomorrow. Can do a game after if you're around
@Dirtybit Excellent games tonight mate :smile:

That 7-2 was amazing.
Proper FIFA logic that the guy who scores 5 doesn't get MOTM. Clearly Lúcio is just too good :wink:

Obviously you got exams and the like but will be nice to see you back afterwards.
4 players seems to be perfect - one defensive (i.e: jam), two attackers (me and difeo) and somebody playing ANY to link things together. Outstanding :tongue:
Decent games tbf. So much trash in that division though.
Original post by difeo
1451826077963.jpg

Thoughts on @The.Joker's win percentage

Posted from TSR Mobile

A series of unfortunate mistakes. :colondollar:
I know I'm ****, hence I don't play fifa a lot. :lol:

We need to set up a black ops thread. :teeth:
Original post by The.Joker
We need to set up a black ops thread. :teeth:

Scenes when she has a 0 win percentage at that too...
Original post by Lúcio
Scenes when she has a 0 win percentage at that too...

haha believe it or not I'm pretty good at COD. I just don't particularly enjoy playing football games.
Original post by The.Joker
haha believe it or not I'm pretty good at COD. I just don't particularly enjoy playing football games.

Having a sample size of single player mode on recruit doesn't make you "pretty good at COD" :wink:

*insert sexist comment here*
Original post by Lúcio
Having a sample size of recruit single player mode doesn't make you "pretty good at COD" :wink:

*insert sexist comment here*

I haven't touched campaign mode and I doubt I ever will. On my second prestige online m8. :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio
@Dirtybit Excellent games tonight mate :smile:

That 7-2 was amazing.
Proper FIFA logic that the guy who scores 5 doesn't get MOTM. Clearly Lúcio is just too good :wink:

Obviously you got exams and the like but will be nice to see you back afterwards.
4 players seems to be perfect - one defensive (i.e: jam), two attackers (me and difeo) and somebody playing ANY to link things together. Outstanding :tongue:

Skysports are reporting Andreas Dirtybit is receiving serious interest from Barcelona after a wonderful display despite missing weeks of action, who are looking to bring in the young 21 year old CAM from TSRdem to replace Lionel Messi. It is said Barcelona are preparing a bid of a fee rumoured to be in the region of £250m including bonuses which would smash the current world record fee. Team-mate Lucio has told Skysports that he believes that Barcelona players are faggots and that Dirtybit should stay at TSRdem. Close sources to Skysports have told us that Lucio has threatened to cut Dirtybit if he shows interest in moving to Barcelona, the exact words were "I'll cut you bitch".
Original post by Dirtybit
Skysports are reporting Andreas Dirtybit is receiving serious interest from Barcelona after a wonderful display despite missing weeks of action, who are looking to bring in the young 21 year old CAM from TSRdem to replace Lionel Messi. It is said Barcelona are preparing a bid of a fee rumoured to be in the region of £250m including bonuses which would smash the current world record fee. Team-mate Lucio has told Skysports that he believes that Barcelona players are faggots and that Dirtybit should stay at TSRdem. Close sources to Skysports have told us that Lucio has threatened to cut Dirtybit if he shows interest in moving to Barcelona, the exact words were "I'll cut you bitch".

Whoever wrote that is a filthy liar and I'll cut them.

I only talk to BBC Sport. I only talk to the greatest player of them all - Robbie Savage.

Quick Reply

Latest