The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also what if Ozil is Sunni muslim and Elaney is Shia? Then you bring even more drama to the club
benboy has also been on the Man U thread giving them his great advice:

You need someone that can cross the ball, a la Snodgrass, Sigurdson or Sessegnon at RW.

At LW you should get someone like Nathan Dyer (a black speedy gonzalez type player) who can get in behind.

Benboy

I wonder if he has recently been released by Aston Villa's scouting network and is offering his advice free to TSR fans
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2362
Benboy is spot on tbh
Original post by AR_95
Benboy is spot on tbh

Check him on the united thread. Guy is hilarious. Also lads, on their thread roght now and people are claiming schneidie is a better cdm than coq. Top banter :biggrin:
Original post by leinad2012
Check him on the united thread. Guy is hilarious. Also lads, on their thread roght now and people are claiming schneidie is a better cdm than coq. Top banter :biggrin:

*one person, who's never been seen before on the thread
You all think its a joke, but its a cause of concern. Arsenal Foundation have also started to build pitches in Iraq. They're playing with fire, and at some point, will be burned. While you are at it, may as well recruit Anjem Chowdary as your club spokesman, and send scouts in Afghanistan for an upcoming striker.

If Arsenal was a deck of cards, Thierry would be king and Arsene would be the joker.
Original post by benboy2016
If he was Turkish muslim like Ozil, I wouldn't be concerned. But he's from Egypt, the country is in turmoil, he probably knows jihadis or assad supporters, I don't know if its true but obviously a possibility.

Also a massive possibility that your a clueless idiot.
Original post by AliRizzo

You're, ffs if you are going to insult someone's intelligence at least have your spelling on point.
bumboi knows what hes talking about lads, whos gonna be laughing when elneny converts our team to isis sympathizers and next thing you know ox is chatting about rubber dingy rapids and blowing up the internet??

Spoiler

I look at the bigger picture, because I am forward-thinking.

Scenario A:

You are a multi-millionaire in need of an accountant. You have two accountants to choose from who would handle your finances, a Muslim or a Catholic, who would most people choose in 2016?

Scenario B:

You are riding a bicycle at 17 mph, hit an inanimate object and cut your knee quite deep. You have the choice between a Hindu doctor and a Muslim doctor, who would most people choose in 2016?

Scenario C:

You are in charge of transfers for a massive football club, and are in need of a defensive midfielder. Do you choose a player like Vurnon Anita, a good boy Christian from Holland, or an Egyptian defensive midfielder, who happens to be Muslim and from a war-torn country?
7 points would obviously be great but we need to be realistic about our chances. In identical fixtures last season we took 2/9 points. 1/9 the season before and I think 3/9 the season before that if memory serves me well. Expectations aren't too high but if we turn up with the right attitude were capable of beating anyone. I really do question the desire of some of the players though, especially away from home. The 4-0 defeat to Soton was a massive reality check for some people.

Arsenal are very fragile mentally, contrary to what Wenger usually says. If we go a goal down the chances of us coming back to win is extremely low, and we don't usually score first away from home against the big boys.

I have no idea about this Elneny kid. Will we even sing him in time and will he play soon? Doubt it.

I would agree with all of those statements. We definitely are capable of beating anybody on our day, but if we lost 4-0 to Southampton, imagine what a Liverpool or a Stoke could do to us. Yes, we have injuries but I don't think having Alexis and Santi would have changed that result. One player has had a serious, serious impact on big games and it is Francis Coquelin.

Without Coquelin, you can see we lack that aggressive nature in our tackle and pressing. There's nobody to protect Mertesacker properly. Elneny has to be able to replace what Coquelin gives us or our season will begin to fall apart in front of us. Read that we agreed fee and personal terms, just waiting international clearance now. He needs experience, but talk about a baptism of fire eh?

If Arsenal was a deck of cards, Thierry would be king and Arsene would be the joker.

This would be a profound quote if it came from Ian Wright or Tony Adams rather than benboy.
Original post by leinad2012
You're, ffs if you are going to insult someone's intelligence at least have your spelling on point.

Not sure what one typo has to do with intelligence? He's clearly a massive idiot, if not a troll.
Reckon we should slap a £30m bid on Stones in January/Summer. Him and Koscielny in the middle of defence would be quality.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Reckon we should slap a £30m bid on Stones in January/Summer. Him and Koscielny in the middle of defence would be quality.

Didn't they reject £40m from Chelsea in the summer?

Mbemba is better
Original post by difeo
the word is 'being' ffs

According to?
Anjem Chowdary as your club spokesman

hahahahahahahaha
Mbemba is better

Who's dupe are you? Been on here for 5 minutes, already spouting anti Muslim nonsense on a football thread and coming out with statements like that.
Who's dupe are you? Been on here for 5 minutes, already spouting anti Muslim nonsense on a football thread and coming out with statements like that.

Statements like Mbemba > Stones isn't controversial at all.