The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Creatingchaos
I have just tweeted the bank and they said that I'll be able to get one in the branch but it won't be like a full copy statement, ah! Stressing now :s-smilie:

The one the bank prints out is sufficient for DBS checks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liam__
The one the bank prints out is sufficient for DBS checks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasnt for bradford districts nhs trust (tried that one first)
Original post by neuronerd
It wasnt for bradford districts nhs trust (tried that one first)

Worked for my DBS at St Georges and they accepted it at my Durham interview.
Does anyone know anybody that has turned down their selection centre place at Warwick since booking slots? I am on their waiting list but because they have been out of office I will only get a few days notice maximum if there is a place for me to fill. Just trying to see how likely I am to be invited and sort out travel/documents in case. Best of luck to everyone with places!
Original post by georgief94
Does anyone know anybody that has turned down their selection centre place at Warwick since booking slots? I am on their waiting list but because they have been out of office I will only get a few days notice maximum if there is a place for me to fill. Just trying to see how likely I am to be invited and sort out travel/documents in case. Best of luck to everyone with places!

It might be worth sorting out the documents anyway just in case you do get a late invite. I wouldn't bother with travel, just sort that out as and when so you don't waste any money...
Does anyone know how offers/rejections will work in terms of letting us know? In general, are offers sent out in emails from the unis, and rejections on track, or does it vary? Massively overthinking right now :colondollar:
Original post by LilithSternin
Does anyone know how offers/rejections will work in terms of letting us know? In general, are offers sent out in emails from the unis, and rejections on track, or does it vary?

You will get a notification from UCAS telling you that a status on Track has changed - then you check Track. This is for all Uni decisions - reject, offer etc. For offers you will usually also get an email direct from the Uni.

PS. Check your junk mail/spam box regularly - Uni emails for interviews etc are auto-generated by their data system and they often get filtered as spam, and therefore can be easy to miss.
Original post by returnmigrant
You will get a notification from UCAS telling you that a status on Track has changed - then you check Track. This is for all Uni decisions - reject, offer etc. For offers you will usually also get an email direct from the Uni.

PS. Check your junk mail/spam box regularly - Uni emails for interviews etc are auto-generated by their data system and they often get filtered as spam, and therefore can be easy to miss.

Thank you for replying :smile:
Original post by LilithSternin
Does anyone know how offers/rejections will work in terms of letting us know? In general, are offers sent out in emails from the unis, and rejections on track, or does it vary? Massively overthinking right now :colondollar:

Well I just received a rejection email from Warwick so I think they email you aswell as track
Original post by DazzleLight
Well I just received a rejection email from Warwick so I think they email you aswell as track

From my experience from last year they tend to send offers by post which then gets updated on track not long after and rejection by email.
I was wondering if it is ok for a girl to wear a dress to an interview, with a suit jacket. I've read online that most people seem to suggest wearing suits?

Thanks
I'm in a similar situation (male) wondering if I should wear a tie with my suit or not. What are peoples thoughts?
Original post by prospectmedic
I'm in a similar situation (male) wondering if I should wear a tie with my suit or not. What are peoples thoughts?

I would say 100% wear a tie
Original post by jlc5391327
I was wondering if it is ok for a girl to wear a dress to an interview, with a suit jacket. I've read online that most people seem to suggest wearing suits?

Thanks

I'm wearing a dress, it's a formal work one. No jacket unless it's cold.
You need to be comfortable. A formal work dress is more than fine as long as you look smart and the skirt is not too revealing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its VERY okay. Wear whatever you feel comfortable/confident in. It certainly doesn't even need to be formal office wear. Just be wary of hem length and cleavage, and go for medium/low heels and shoes that are comfortable for a long day.

Good Luck!
Original post by Ben4757
I would say 100% wear a tie

Thanks! :u:

Thanks

Yeah, I think it's fine! I'm wearing a dress with a suit jacket too. :smile:
Just a bit of light relief, love this Victoria Wood sketch of a medical school interview :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwsegxfzN8
How are you all feeling? Anyone at Warwick on 7th at 2:15 or King's at 2:15 on 8th??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending