The Student Room Group

A Level PE

hi guys,

could anyone give me a low down on A-Level PE and what it requires??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _chloeematt
hi guys,

Posted from TSR Mobile

being good at PE of course
duuhhh
Reply 2
Original post by Helpmepickone
being good at PE of course
duuhhh

of course I understand and that - but is there like a break down of essentials I need to know - is there practical elements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
of course I understand and that - but is there like a break down of essentials I need to know - is there practical elements?

Posted from TSR Mobile

DO NOT DO IT! I only chose to do this because I needed it for a course I wanted to do at uni! In gcse pe I was the only girl in a class with 21 boy which never bothered me! So when I started it in year 12 I shared a class with another girl (new) and 2 boys. After a month the girl was kicked off because her English wasn't good enough to understand its historical content and one boy dropped it to do chemistry instead. So all year me and this boy did it and we had 3 teachers to teach us all the aspects and including for coursework. It was a livning hell. What once was my faviourite subject I literally dreaded school just becuase of it. The amount of coursework they expect off you would make it seem like a btec, it requires an excess of such unnessecary detail. Upon all that the amount you have to remember for the tests is ridicoulous, and in every answer your meant to include so much detail and connect it to diffterent sections of the course it dosent even ask about in the question. In year 13 my friend failed and I barely passed so I'm stuck in a class by myself with 3 teachers and I hate it. I think what makes my experience even worse is that my teachers just seem to think I turn up to school just for their subject so don't understand when I struggle to get work done in time. There is so much pointlessness to it, considering the only practical element of the course is fitness testing.
hi guys,

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is literally the same as GCSE with like maybe 1/3 extra which is simple. The practical is the same layout but lets say you were scored a 10 in year 11 you will probably get a 8/9 in a-level unless you improve throughout the year... so its good to have the same PE teacher :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
If you don't need it, please do not make your life harder than it will be.

I got A* for GCSE and for AS i barely scraped a D. It is much harder than people think it is, you're basically covering, biology, chemistry, history and sport all in one subject- though it may not be in a lot of detail it is a high amount of content to remember for the exam and the questions are always trying to trick you (not fun at all).

Coursework is much tougher as well, it becomes a lot like BTEC level 3 sport, a lot of useless garbage that's completely unrelated to your actual sport. For my coursework at AS I got a C, purely based on my editing skills of my performer video clips... unbelievable.

Do not pick this subject unless you intend to study PE/Sport at uni.
Reply 6
Original post by rowlinginthedeep
If you don't need it, please do not make your life harder than it will be.

I got A* for GCSE and for AS i barely scraped a D. It is much harder than people think it is, you're basically covering, biology, chemistry, history and sport all in one subject- though it may not be in a lot of detail it is a high amount of content to remember for the exam and the questions are always trying to trick you (not fun at all).

Coursework is much tougher as well, it becomes a lot like BTEC level 3 sport, a lot of useless garbage that's completely unrelated to your actual sport. For my coursework at AS I got a C, purely based on my editing skills of my performer video clips... unbelievable.

Do not pick this subject unless you intend to study PE/Sport at uni.

I do want to do a degree in sport at uni - damn! It looks 10x harder that what teachers have said. I play my sport to a really high standard for my age and I'm passionate about it as well - does it take up a lot of study time? what's the typical coursework on as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest