The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

I really don't want Lesnar winning the rumble, that guy's got enough as it is.

Anyhoo, still trying to get over Big Show doing this.

https://i.imgur.com/0RsJM7Q.gifv
Reply 4081
Original post by Longshot700
I really don't want Lesnar winning the rumble, that guy's got enough as it is.

Anyhoo, still trying to get over Big Show doing this.

https://i.imgur.com/0RsJM7Q.gifv

Lesnar doesn't need the Rumble, agreed, but there's such a lack of candidates.
Original post by Mackay
Lesnar doesn't need the Rumble, agreed, but there's such a lack of candidates.

Creative's fault for having only one full time bonafide main event star on the roster, and he's already won the rumble twice. I think it would've been Rollins had he not been injured, and I'd still like to see Ambrose win it (he won't), but Lesnar or Cena are the only real credible winners. Or Triple H, but meh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Axel will get eliminated in 2 seconds.
Reply 4084
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
Creative's fault for having only one full time bonafide main event star on the roster, and he's already won the rumble twice. I think it would've been Rollins had he not been injured, and I'd still like to see Ambrose win it (he won't), but Lesnar or Cena are the only real credible winners. Or Triple H, but meh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think Wyatt or Owens have the full backing of Creative, so that leaves - as you mention - only Lesnar and Cena.

I'd love a swerve (a returning Rock?) but can't see it.
I'd be so happy if Bray Wyatt won.

Can't believe Kane's record of most eliminations got beaten by Roman Reigns.

I read up that Kane almost won a Rumble back in the 00's but stone cold threw him out for his 3rd rumble win. -_-
If Rock returns and wins the rumble he'll be bood out of the arena

please be bryan
Reply 4087
Looking forward to RAW tomorrow night. The ratings have improved since Vince was back on the scene.
I want Sasha Banks to win the rumble.

Then go to wrestlemania to face Vince Mcmahon.

Boss vs Boss.
Reply 4089
RAW tonight. The road to WM32 begins here...
Reply 4090
Reigns is being booked extremely well now. We saw that with his opening exchange with Stephanie in the ring. He's now a badass, able to smoulder and shrug, rather than the John Cena-lite that was forced down our throats 12 months ago.

His match with Sheamus was what I expected (how ridiculous did Vince look in his referee uniform FFS?) but the swerve with Reigns defending the title in the Rumble was great. I can't wait for that now. The PPV has been blown wide open.

Elsewhere, the Owens/Ambrose rivalry continued with its frantic pace and is so entertaining, and Kalisto continues to shine in the tag-team division. It's a shame Sin Cara is on the shelf, because the Lucha Dragons deserve a stellar blockbuster match with the New Day at the Rumble for the championships.

I think the tag division is in a real healthy state. The strength of Alberto del Rio and Rusev's bout with the Usos just emphasised that, and we could have a stacked division going forward. I certainly hope so.

I felt the New Day were as great as ever, but Jericho's return was slightly wasted. It was great to see WWE doing something with the quartet of jobbers - Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel and Heath Slater - with the latter registering a much-needed and long-awaited victory over Dolph Ziggler.

The Wyatt Family completely dismantled Ryback and Big Show (who never need to face each other again, because the pace was SO slow and plodding) but Creative needs to make good on Bray's promises of domination. For too long, they've come up short.

No idea where Titus O'Neil and Stardust are going, either. Weird match-up.
Reply 4091
Also, the final episode of Breaking Ground was great. Hope Bayley continues to impress all of 2016. I'm going to miss that original show. It's the best thing WWE have done on the Network.
I'm going to just leave this here.

Dear god, I hate this embed system.

http://i.imgur.com/h4XMdUx.gifv
That was a great RAW main event, not so sure how I feel about the rumble being for the title now though, because it makes watching the match virtually pointless. If Reigns wins it's an opportunity missed. If Reigns loses the title it's another opportunity missed as I really think he should have a lengthy title run.

Hopefully Brock returns for the Rumble, or HHH
Reply 4094
Original post by AR_95
That was a great RAW main event, not so sure how I feel about the rumble being for the title now though, because it makes watching the match virtually pointless. If Reigns wins it's an opportunity missed. If Reigns loses the title it's another opportunity missed as I really think he should have a lengthy title run.

Hopefully Brock returns for the Rumble, or HHH

It's a great swerve, but it raises questions as to the rest of the PPV. You imagine the Divas match will be worth watching, but how many undercard matches can we expect now? A tag-team title match, and Owens vs. Ambrose? That's only four matches in the entire three/four hour show.
Original post by Mackay
It's a great swerve, but it raises questions as to the rest of the PPV. You imagine the Divas match will be worth watching, but how many undercard matches can we expect now? A tag-team title match, and Owens vs. Ambrose? That's only four matches in the entire three/four hour show.

Only think I'm remotely interested in is the main event feud, and Owens vs Ambrose. Last night's main event was probably the first match i've watched (and not read the results instead) since survivor series.

I agree it's a good swerve, I just don't think it's the right time. Hopefully the booking will prove me wrong but you can't really expect as much from the WWE.
It really limits the Rumble Match as well. Before there was scope for a shock winner (someone like KO, or Wyatt), but now you'd expect it's between Reigns, Lesnar and Cena. As you said it also ruins the rest of the card, either people have to double up on the night or the other championships are neglected. I think that there'll be a new champion, probably Lesnar, with Triple H screwing Roman out of it and then the match happening at WM. Which is dumb really as it should've been done when it was still hot at the Rumble. As AR said he should've been given a lengthy reign (no pun intended), it means that if he loses it, you'll expect him to get it back before the end of the year, he'll already be a 3x World Champion. Wouldn't mind Cena winning it and defending against Taker though.

I don't mind the swerve as it gives more options going into Mania about the title match, and whole Rumble winner being #1 contender shtick is a little tiresome now anyway.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4097
you'll expect him to get it back before the end of the year, he'll already be a 3x World Champion.

Yikes. Three-time champion with very little to show for it. His first reign was minutes, and his second (if it ends at the Rumble) will definitely have been a wasted opportunity.
Original post by Mackay
Yikes. Three-time champion with very little to show for it. His first reign was minutes, and his second (if it ends at the Rumble) will definitely have been a wasted opportunity.

Precisely. No doubt it's got something to do with poor ratings and trying to regain an X-Factor to the show, as when you look at previous champions (Lesnar, Rollins) they had substantial reigns and defended at PPV's, and if Roman loses the strap we'll have had 4 title changes from Survivor Series to the Rumble.
Reply 4099
4 title changes from Survivor Series to the Rumble.

Practically IC title levels.

Quick Reply

Latest