The Student Room Group

Psychology with FOUNDATION YEAR. Anyone applying? And has anyone already done it?

So i see theres no post about foundation year in psychology. Is anyone applying for Psycholpgy with a foundation year? And those that have done a foundation year, what is it like?
Original post by GeniaA.
So i see theres no post about foundation year in psychology. Is anyone applying for Psycholpgy with a foundation year? And those that have done a foundation year, what is it like?

Really glad you started this thread! :biggrin: Yes i'm applying for Psychology with a foundation year at Edinburgh and Goldsmiths
Reply 2
Original post by jSchmidt21
Really glad you started this thread! :biggrin: Yes i'm applying for Psychology with a foundation year at Edinburgh and Goldsmiths

Of course. I need to know more about it but seems foundation year isnt talked about as much. Im applying to london met, Kingston, Middlesex, west London and regents 😊:h:
Original post by GeniaA.
Of course. I need to know more about it but seems foundation year isnt talked about as much. Im applying to london met, Kingston, Middlesex, west London and regents 😊:h:

Oh nice! Was wondering if deadline for those with foundation year was same as those applying without it :unsure:
I don't normally see F.Y. deadlines on the websites so i'm really not sure if i could send some of my documents after the usual "15th Jan" date :indiff:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Oh nice! Was wondering if deadline for those with foundation year was same as those applying without it :unsure:
I don't normally see F.Y. deadlines on the websites so i'm really not sure if i could send some of my documents after the usual "15th Jan" date :indiff:

True, there's no specific deadline, at least not that I've seen yet so i dunno. But probably we have the same deadlines. You see how accommodation is kind of guaranteed for undergraduate students is it the same for F.Y. students too?
Original post by GeniaA.
True, there's no specific deadline, at least not that I've seen yet so i dunno. But probably we have the same deadlines. You see how accommodation is kind of guaranteed for undergraduate students is it the same for F.Y. students too?

Ohh, yeahhhh!!.. Uh, :giggle: i'm so dead then :gasp: :rofl:
Thanks for making me realise lol
Reply 7
Finally a thread about integrated psychology! I have been offered a place at Goldsmiths for this course, and also a place at London Met for their BA in social sciences and humanities (with a view to complete the foundation year and move on to psychology). I will be accepting the Goldsmiths offer for sure..... anyone else??
Reply 8
My course at Manchester Metropolitan University is Psychology with a Foundation Year and I have nothing but positive things to say about it.

I found it to be great for getting used to the city I'd be studying in and the 'university way of life' without the pressure of huge amounts of deadlines :smile:
Original post by Jex1
Finally a thread about integrated psychology! I have been offered a place at Goldsmiths for this course, and also a place at London Met for their BA in social sciences and humanities (with a view to complete the foundation year and move on to psychology). I will be accepting the Goldsmiths offer for sure..... anyone else??

You're an international student? .. I came across a similar course at Goldsmiths too (Psychology with Management with integrated foundation year)
but haven't yet applied because my referee isn't yet done with his part.
I'll probably choose Goldsmiths if i got an offer from them :biggrin:
Reply 10
You're an international student? .. I came across a similar course at Goldsmiths too (Psychology with Management with integrated foundation year)
but haven't yet applied because my referee isn't yet done with his part.
I'll probably choose Goldsmiths if i got an offer from them :biggrin:

No I'm not an international student, just a regular old mature student. I accepted my offer from Goldsmiths today! very exciting. How come you are applying this late? I thought the deadline was 15th Jan? Or are the rules different for international?
Original post by Jex1
No I'm not an international student, just a regular old mature student. I accepted my offer from Goldsmiths today! very exciting. How come you are applying this late? I thought the deadline was 15th Jan? Or are the rules different for international?

Yeah, they are different. We have until June to submit our applications.
Congrats anyway! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest