The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thalprice
Hi I'm an American student and I received an unconditional offer from KCL for International Relations. I have heard that KCL accommodation fills up pretty quickly and you should send in your housing application as soon as possible to make sure you get a place. The problem for me is, I don't hear back from other American universities until mid-March so I won't be able to know which uni I will be going to until then. If I accept the offer on UCAS and submit a housing application, is it binding and would I have to pay the deposit? Would I still be able to back out of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not completely sure, but just know that in the UK it works differently to the US. They make you offers, and none of it is binding. They cannot force you to go there.

I haven't gone through this process yet, so I don't know if you have to pay something when you accept an offer. I don't think so... but idk :smile:

Good luck with your applications!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Anyone applied to study compsci? :smile:
No your have to send in your passport and visa if you have one, a bank statement isnt classed as proof, I work in adult education and am also applied for adult nursing got my mmi on the 7th. If you havent got the above can the family you work for write a letter.
Original post by bakedbeans247
Anyone applied to study compsci? :smile:

I did
Original post by epic within
I did

Ayy :h: get an offer?
Ayy :h: get an offer?

Yeah, you?
Yeah, you?

Yuuup. i'm assuming the offers are AAB for everyone right? I've never visited kings, have you mate?
Yuuup. i'm assuming the offers are AAB for everyone right? I've never visited kings, have you mate?

Nah, I didn't, but yeah the offer is AAB.
Anybody received an offer for Law who didn't apply for Dickson Poon? I sent my application off on Oct 5th and have heard nothing so far (although I'm fairly pessimistic about my chances tbh)
Nah, I didn't, but yeah the offer is AAB.

You going to firm kings? :P
You going to firm kings? :P

Yeah, you?
Original post by chloetraynor
Anybody received an offer for Law who didn't apply for Dickson Poon? I sent my application off on Oct 5th and have heard nothing so far (although I'm fairly pessimistic about my chances tbh)

I didn't receive an offer, but I sent my application early december and took the lnat early december as well. When did you take the LNAT? because I think they don't look at your app until they have your LNAT score..
Yeah, you?

Yeah, we might be in the same classes if we get in god willing :P
Reply 573
Original post by chloetraynor

I'm in the same position, LNAT and everything was done and sent by 19th October yet haven't heard anything
I'm applying the foundation course in KCL
A small question...what do you like the most in KCL.its campus,facilities,ranking,or no reason?
Original post by An-HSIN
I'm applying the foundation course in KCL
A small question...what do you like the most in KCL.its campus,facilities,ranking,or no reason?

I like its research quality and quantity in my subject and international prestige, as well as it being in London

Good look with your application
Actually,Durham is my first choice
But I'm not sure if I will get the offer
So maybe I'll have to make choice between KCL & Glasgow.... What do you think?!
Original post by Neurosci
I like its research quality and quantity in my subject and international prestige, as well as it being in London

Good look with your application
Original post by An-HSIN
Actually,Durham is my first choice
But I'm not sure if I will get the offer
So maybe I'll have to make choice between KCL & Glasgow.... What do you think?!

What course are you doing? I really like the look of KCL and Glasgow (my 1st and 3rd choice) so its hard to choose for me, im pulled to KCL abit more but I imagine I would fit in more with the people in Glasgow. Both are in big cities which is up my street. So hard to choose between them!
Original post by Neurosci
What course are you doing? I really like the look of KCL and Glasgow (my 1st and 3rd choice) so its hard to choose for me, im pulled to KCL abit more but I imagine I would fit in more with the people in Glasgow. Both are in big cities which is up my street. So hard to choose between them!

I applied Durham's liberal arts
KCL/Glasgow for business

UCL is another choice...but I haven't reach their standard yet
Original post by ariadnelee33
I didn't receive an offer, but I sent my application early december and took the lnat early december as well. When did you take the LNAT? because I think they don't look at your app until they have your LNAT score..

I sat the LNAT on October 14th? Hopefully I'll hear soon, I was just wondering if anybody had received offers yet :smile:

Latest