The Student Room Group

Badges are live.... beta rollout!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
It seems that they have abandoned the project.

It would have been better it they had done something like on reddit.

Abandoned? yeah, that is obviously. Wonder why the badges are not removed. That was really a bad idea, possibly even the worst one.
13 months later, struggling to get past level 1 hero badge. Not that I'm complaining, it makes it more of a challenge :h:
Original post by SeanFM
13 months later, struggling to get past level 1 hero badge. Not that I'm complaining, it makes it more of a challenge :h:

Good luck
Original post by keromedic
Good luck

Thanks, though I don't really care that much :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM

Come and join the 9-badge club... :colone:
Original post by SeanFM
Thanks, though I don't really care that much :tongue:

I would have liked more badges tbh. Tom's Hardware and the SE are two fora with tons of 'em.
(edited 8 years ago)
@She-Ra Do you know when/if badges will be extended to the university forums?
Original post by Nirgilis

I'd never join a club that would have me as its member.

Original post by keromedic
I would have liked more badges tbh. Tom's Hardware and the SE are two fora with of 'em.

I'm confused :s-smilie:
Original post by Snufkin

Thanks for the query :smile: Currently this project is on hold while we work on other developments across the site.

SR

Below your reputation points, it is labelled three badges. In turn your profile shows really nine?! very confusing.
Original post by kilithedwarf93
Thisis sad.

I used to have an account years ago, and I remember having a little tagline that said "Junior member" etc.... where did they go?

And where did the neg button go??

:teehee:
Original post by Snufkin

At the moment this would be classed as a 'nice to have'. The new Uni Match tool is having its second wave of development so is taking up a lot of time. There's a load of stuff that would come before the badge system is extended.
Original post by Kallisto
Below your reputation points, it is labelled three badges. In turn your profile shows really nine?! very confusing.

Well it would just be er.. .bragging to show 9 badges on your posts :wink:
Due to my illiteracy I read this as :badger: and got all excited.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Due to my illiteracy I read this as :badger: and got all excited.

I did the same, expected there to be a video of the mods releasing them or something
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Well it would just be er.. .bragging to show 9 badges on your posts :wink:

Even if I still don't understand the sense of it...

Original post by She-Ra
Thanks for the query :smile: Currently this project is on hold while we work on other developments across the site.

SR

And what is the staff planing that it is holding on?
Original post by Yidi Amin
I did the same, expected there to be a video of the mods releasing them or something

Original post by ChaoticButterfly

[video="youtube;4r7wHMg5Yjg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg[/video]
Original post by Roving Fish
At the moment this would be classed as a 'nice to have'. The new Uni Match tool is having its second wave of development so is taking up a lot of time. There's a load of stuff that would come before the badge system is extended.

Could something that requires less development time be done to address some of the problems which badges were supposed to alleviate? I thought badges were originally intended to reward people for positive contributions to the site, especially in forums where rep is rarely given (universities, careers, study help).

I honestly don't know why I am still a 'hero level 1'. How is that possible on a purely statistical basis, as a member of the ten-gem master race?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending