The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mr tim
Grujic confirmed, will be loaned back to Red Star for the rest of the season.

Hard to get excited when he'll probably be loan out again in the summer.

We seem to want to follow the Spurs/Chelsea model which has given them a bit of success recently.
Apparently Toure's issue last night was merely cramp, so let's hope he's OK for Exeter. To be honest, I wouldn't mind just writing off the Exeter game and just throw the kids out and give it our best. We've got a hectic schedule, and we're in the semi-final of a cup which is a great chance of silverware and gives us a Wembley outing. Klopp will be relishing that.

We can't afford to turn our noses up at success in the Capital One Cup.
Original post by Mackay
Apparently Toure's issue last night was merely cramp, so let's hope he's OK for Exeter. To be honest, I wouldn't mind just writing off the Exeter game and just throw the kids out and give it our best. We've got a hectic schedule, and we're in the semi-final of a cup which is a great chance of silverware and gives us a Wembley outing. Klopp will be relishing that.

We can't afford to turn our noses up at success in the Capital One Cup.

I'd prioritise in the following order:

Premier League
League Cup (as there are only potentially 2 games left)
Europa League
FA Cup

So I'd play the youth team against Exeter and then play a better, more rested side against Arsenal..
I'd prioritise Europa over League cup, simply because it's another avenue of CL qualification. Might be good winning a trophy but you're most likely going to make a europa league spot via a league finish and it's not even that important if you don't. What's important is getting back to the CL as soon as possible.
Original post by jam277
I'd prioritise Europa over League cup, simply because it's another avenue of CL qualification. Might be good winning a trophy but you're most likely going to make a europa league spot via a league finish and it's not even that important if you don't. What's important is getting back to the CL as soon as possible.

We play our 2nd leg semi-final over 3 weeks before our next EL game.

If we do get to the final (to be played on 28 February), the Everton game will be moved and we'll play the final a few days after we play our 2nd leg EL game against FC Augsburg.

Going to be tough to prioritise since if we face Man City, it won't be an easy game and we can't really afford to be knocked out of the EL like you say..

Who knows, maybe we'll batter them in the first leg so we can rest players? :biggrin:
Allardyce has chipped in his comments, saying that our injuries are down to Klopp's philosophy and brand of football. Running more and working harder = more fatigue and injuries. Who'd have thought it?
Do we want Everton or Man City to win the other semi-final?

Everton on paper are easier but would be awful if they beat us in the final (assuming we even get there).
Original post by Zerforax
Do we want Everton or Man City to win the other semi-final?

Everton on paper are easier but would be awful if they beat us in the final (assuming we even get there).

Nah, Everton would bottle any final. Never been so sure of anything in my life.
Wow.

The memorial service dedicated to the 96 Liverpool supporters who died at Hillsborough will be held for the final time at Anfield this year, the Hillsborough Family Support Group (HFSG) has announced.
I would love a Liverpool V Everton final. A Merseyside cup final at Wembley? Yes please!! It also falls on my bday so hopefully I can get tickets to go watch it...
Original post by Mackay
Nah, Everton would bottle any final. Never been so sure of anything in my life.

Distin's backpass to Suarez lmao
Ojo also being recalled - due to Coutinho injury. Will play on Friday. Kent also to have some mins according to Echo
From the Guardian: "Ojo is one of 17 Liverpool players out on loan, scoring three goals in 19 appearances for Wolves."
Original post by sevchenko
(srs question) Have you ever given thought to how Klopp's tactics will ultimately lead to to decimation of your squad through injuries? I'd like to see how enthusiastically Liverpool players are pressing after the Christmas period tbh.

thoughts?
Really want to be a fly on the wall in the LFC dressing room at times. Joe Allen says Klopp had "frank" words which spurred them on against Stoke after the West Ham defeat, and Klopp himself said he told them just "three words" after the match. Curious.
Everton beating City in the first leg was way too predictable if I'm honest.
A merseyside final would be interesting, but honestly I'd worry more about facing Everton than City, especially if their form continues.

That being said, Stoke are exceptional when they click and we aren't exactly a solid side at the moment. In addition, a one goal deficit to City is nothing - at times they score goals for fun and Everton's defence is far from solid.

All in all with us taking a lead to Anfield it's looking good.
With the other fixture being played at the Etihad though, I wouldn't count out City at all.
Might even be worth a bet for City to go through with an Aguero goal.
Original post by Mackay
Really want to be a fly on the wall in the LFC dressing room at times. Joe Allen says Klopp had "frank" words which spurred them on against Stoke after the West Ham defeat, and Klopp himself said he told them just "three words" after the match. Curious.

I'm selling you.

You were ****.

Transfer window's open.
Reply 3297
thoughts?

It's possible, but I think a major factor has been that right from the start of the season we have rarely had more than 13 or 14 fit first team players so rotating has been almost an impossibility. Without rotating, players are only more likely to get injured meaning it has been an endless cycle for us. I'm sure Arsenal know all about that.
thoughts?

Its more that when Klopp first came in, there were already injuries so players couldnt rotate and so had to play extra games, of course throw in the high pressing with players not fit and not adjusted to it then the injuries happen. Otherwise Spurs should be having a major injury crises but they don't.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
I'm selling you.

You were ****.

Transfer window's open.

"January transfer window" seemed the most likely to me.

Latest