The Student Room Group

I was wondering if I could resit regarding the new course

I'm currently attending a sixth form where the teaching is horrible, and the decision I made for a subject went completely wrong. I was wondering after doing this year (regarding the new aqa rules that took place about doing al exams in the second year) I could perhaps change colleges and start fresh as a year 12, do you guys reckon I could do that? If so please let me know. I'm currently really stressed about this and would like some help, Thanks
Original post by Tahsin.alam99
I'm currently attending a sixth form where the teaching is horrible, and the decision I made for a subject went completely wrong. I was wondering after doing this year (regarding the new aqa rules that took place about doing al exams in the second year) I could perhaps change colleges and start fresh as a year 12, do you guys reckon I could do that? If so please let me know. I'm currently really stressed about this and would like some help, Thanks

The changes to A level specifications have no impact on whether you can change schools and repeat year 12. There are however rules on funding 16-19 education that may affect your chances of doing so. I recommend you do your best for the rest of this year, there is still 2/3 of your academic year left to fix the problems you have had. In parallel you should approach other local colleges to discuss your options for retaking year 12.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
The changes to A level specifications have no impact on whether you can change schools and repeat year 12. There are however rules on funding 16-19 education that may affect your chances of doing so. I recommend you do your best for the rest of this year, there is still 2/3 of your academic year left to fix the problems you have had. In parallel you should approach other local colleges to discuss your options for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply! And what are these 'fundings' that you're speaking about?
Original post by Tahsin.alam99
Thanks for the reply! And what are these 'fundings' that you're speaking about?

The government pays money to your school or college to pay for your education. When it became compulsory for students to remain in education after age 16 they reduced the money available to allow students to repeat a 16-19 year with the same subjects to help keep costs down. The rules are complicated and they change from time to time which is why I say you need to discuss your options with potential new colleges while continuing to make the best of what reamians of this school year. People may tell you that they did it with no problems but the funding rules were different a few years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending