The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pauli14
I haven't visited either and yeah that's one of the main reasons why I chose it.
I applied to Biosciences☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

fun :biggrin: ... well good luck in your A levels! :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by TommyBrecon
fun :biggrin: ... well good luck in your A levels! :smile:

Thanks, but I'm not taking A levels😂😂😂 I'm from Spain so our qualifications are different
Good luck to you too☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subject: PPE
Offer: [IB] 666 in HL, 38/45, 7 in maths
College: St. Mary's
Subject: Liberal Arts (applied with Literature and Philosophy ps)
Offer: 38
College: I actually can't remember... how do I check?!
Course: Natural Sciences
Offer: A* (maths) AA (chemistry, physics)
College: University (basically I was too lazy to research lol)
Got my offer back in November...

Course: Psychology
Offer: AAA
College: Trevs

I've heard that although college allocation is mostly random if it's oversubscribed, each college has a quota for each subject - does anyone know how these are calculated? Is each subject just spread around in proportion with the total students at each college, or is it more complicated?
Just got an unconditional for Classics!
Original post by rhi_el
Just got an unconditional for Classics!

good for you! unconditional, wow!
Original post by rowanmary
good for you! unconditional, wow!

Thank you! Haha it's only because I am on a gap yah :wink:
Original post by connieiscrazy
I applied 18th September and still haven't heard. Don't panic, Durham take a while, especially with Law. No news is good news :tongue:

I replied for Law on the same day as you!! I received my offer on the 24th of November! Which college did you apply to? And is Durham your first choice?
Original post by C0balt
Course: Natural Sciences
Offer: A* (maths) AA (chemistry, physics)
College: University (basically I was too lazy to research lol)

Bump on University! But I applied for Law?! Did your offer specify grades? My offer said in any subject! Strange..
Original post by Smithy-Smiths
Bump on University! But I applied for Law?! Did your offer specify grades? My offer said in any subject! Strange..

hahaha yeah it's funny how my A* was specified in maths, it's not like I did any worse in maths AS than in other subjects lol
I think they specified on these three because they wanted to ensure that I was good enough in chemistry and physics as well as maths. I also do Further maths so if they didn't specify subjects I could've got A*AA in maths FM physics and failed chemistry you know lol

You have an offer for law? Can you tell me when you applied ty :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ooo yay another Chad's hopeful! Is it just me who's worried about the first year room sharing policy?
I replied for Law on the same day as you!! I received my offer on the 24th of November! Which college did you apply to? And is Durham your first choice?

It is my first choice now I have received my Oxford rejection lmfao. I haven't received an offer yet but I image they'll wait until Oxbridge offers are out of the way.

I applied to University College, wbu??
Hello! I am a second year student at St Chads, the best college in Durham! I shared a room in first year and honestly it is nothing to worry about. Everyone completes a questionnaire and the exec spend hours ensuring people are suitably matched. And if you still have concerns you can always ask for a single room, though its no guarentee. Most people share the opinion that having a room mate is one of the best aspects of college life, especially if you forget your key!
Original post by Bobkata
You have an offer for law? Can you tell me when you applied ty :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! But I applied really early! September 18th! Don't worry about not hearing anything, I think certain applications take longer to deliberate/review than others! A friend of mine applied on the same day for PPE and is yet to hear anything!
Original post by connieiscrazy
It is my first choice now I have received my Oxford rejection lmfao. I haven't received an offer yet but I image they'll wait until Oxbridge offers are out of the way.

I applied to University College, wbu??

Oh gosh! I'm sorry to hear that! I applied to Oxford too, but withdrew the week before hearing Interview decisions because my heart was set on Cambridge (trust me, I KNOW )

That sounds about right! And snap! How exciting? We may be college buddies!
Original post by C0balt
hahaha yeah it's funny how my A* was specified in maths, it's not like I did any worse in maths AS than in other subjects lol
I think they specified on these three because they wanted to ensure that I was good enough in chemistry and physics as well as maths. I also do Further maths so if they didn't specify subjects I could've got A*AA in maths FM physics and failed chemistry you know lol

Haha! Oh dear! I'm sure you'll ace it! That's so strange! I have five friends who do the same subjects as you but so far none of them have received offers specifying grades in particular subjects! How are you finding Chemistry? At my school it's killer! It ruined the life of so many aspiring Medics!

Also, do you think you'll attend the March applicant day? When we eventually are allocated colleges! It's two days right?
Haha! Oh dear! I'm sure you'll ace it! That's so strange! I have five friends who do the same subjects as you but so far none of them have received offers specifying grades in particular subjects! How are you finding Chemistry? At my school it's killer! It ruined the life of so many aspiring Medics!

Also, do you think you'll attend the March applicant day? When we eventually are allocated colleges! It's two days right?

Oh actually chemistry was my best one at AS. A2 chemistry is interesting and I love it but certainly more challenging than AS!

I think I will, I need to decide between Durham, Bristol and Edinburgh for my insurance. I didn't know it was two days but honestly I haven't done much research into durham :oops:

Quick Reply

Latest