The Student Room Group

Is female virginity overrated?

In this day and age when sloots gon sloot, all the Chads (and beta males who think sloots = getting laid easier) prefer a girl with experience.

Is female virginity seen as something good if u are not religious?

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Virginity doesn't exist. It's a construct made up by society.
I'm not religious and I see it as a very good thing. I don't want to sleep with anyone outside of a very serious relationship ... I would like to have someone like me
Reply 4
Original post by PurplePixie96

Things like marriage can be seen as social constructs too :fyi:
Reply 5
Original post by Bealzibub
I'm not religious and I see it as a very good thing. I don't want to sleep with anyone outside of a very serious relationship ... I would like to have someone like me

Same. I don't date slutty girls either

However its not all just sluts or virgins
Original post by MrMiscer
Things like marriage can be seen as social constructs too :fyi:

Yup, but marriage is whole other matter, legal and whatnot :smile: Virginity makes me irritated because people are always like "Well if a woman is virgin you have to TEAR HER HYMEN OPEN" or "IF SHE DOESNT BLEED SHE'S NOT A VIRGIN" and I'm just here like, "No, actually thats all wrong."
Simply a way for people to boost their ego for not having sex.

Never having sex before is a made up concept?

Alrighty...
Reply 9
Yup, but marriage is whole other matter, legal and whatnot :smile: Virginity makes me irritated because people are always like "Well if a woman is virgin you have to TEAR HER HYMEN OPEN" or "IF SHE DOESNT BLEED SHE'S NOT A VIRGIN" and I'm just here like, "No, actually thats all wrong."

If you look up "marriage social construct" theres plenty of articles on this.

Yes some people say that but theres a pretty standard definition of virginity.
Reply 10
Original post by Retired_Messiah

Alrighty...

This lmao
Original post by Retired_Messiah

Alrighty...

No, that's not what I mean. The IDEA of virginity, that if you don't have sex you are "untainted" and all that other BS that goes with it. Obviously never having sex is not a made up concept. XD
No, that's not what I mean. The IDEA of virginity, that if you don't have sex you are "untainted" and all that other BS that goes with it. Obviously never having sex is not a made up concept. XD

Do you think virginity meaning to be untainted rather than never having sex is that common though?
The concept of virginity as a whole is overrated (and rather pointless, but PurplePixie's already covered that).

Either have a shag or don't, but don't go telling the world about it like you won a Nobel Peace Prize or some ****.

Well, "untainted" and such does not come under the definition of virginity. You couldthe ideas around them are socially constructed, but the whole "social construct" isn't really all that damning. You could apply the social construct logic to things like morality and law if you wanted to.

I pretty much agree with you that some of the views on virginity are senseless, but you're going to advocate for sensible things then it'd be better not to make absolutely redundant statements.
Reply 15

Thats how Im defining virginity

goldie56

Do you think virginity meaning to be untainted rather than never having sex is that common though?

this, apart from religious brahs Idk any guy who calls a non virgin "tainted"

back on topic
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by goldie56

It's not common, but there is definitely a whole idk fetish isn't the word but whatever around the idea of this pure girl whose sole purpose is to be sexually corrupted through the lose of her virginity.

Or at least, it definitely exists at my university.
Realised I never actually answered OP's question, my apologies for going so off topic, yes it's overrated. XD
Reply 18
Original post by Drunk Punx
The concept of virginity as a whole is overrated (and rather pointless, but PurplePixie's already covered that).

Either have a shag or don't, but don't go telling the world about it like you won a Nobel Peace Prize or some ****.

Male virgins are shamed sometimes

Yes it does...

The incorrect connotations of virginity that you refer to do not invalidate the concept of virginity itself

Although I do agree it is a stupid and redundant concept, but still a real one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending