The Student Room Group

The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
You guys take this game too seriously lel.

Says the guy who only plays for accomplishments
That's true but I played CAM yesterday and had much more of an influence in div 5 and div 4. The Any's are definitely terrible, so teams are at an advantage with a CM.

Original post by Rk2k14
You guys take this game too seriously lel.
:colonhash:

Na lol. I barely play pro clubs in comparison to everyone else on here. I just want some drama, like France during the 2010 world cup.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dirtybit
Tbf, playing without a b2b midfielder is criminal when your in division 4 and below. Need a strong running midfielder that will run back during counter attacks due to poverty CPU defending skills/acceleration and just for general help while defending as you'll find out opponents usually have 4 human attackers and it's difficult for ANY to defend them with only CPU players (suppose a DM could also be helpful too for this). But a B2B midfielder is vital as he needs to have the midfield on lock and help the CAM carry the ball up the field.

Only person who really ever plays as a B2B midfield is @jam277 so it's no wonder why he is missed, not to discredit his performances though as he's a good player.

I suppose that's a role I could try out if you feel like we really need it.

Although I play as ST 95% of the time, I'm still fairly adept defensively and I have a natural tendency towards it, which is why sometimes I can't help myself and you'll see me track back (especially when opponents are countering).
No thanks you're poverty.

Me and Jam double pivot at some point in the future as I'm more adept at defending than attacking anyway, I'll play DM and he can play B2B. Been playing further forward as its been boring in lower divisions just sitting back but I'll do it next time we're on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
I suppose that's a role I could try out if you feel like we really need it.

Although I play as ST 95% of the time, I'm still fairly adept defensively and I have a natural tendency towards it, which is why sometimes I can't help myself and you'll see me track back (especially when opponents are countering).

Yeah you can try that but when I play as ANY, as a midfielder you need to be comfortable in possession and be able to receive the ball under pressure since I usually use driven passes which are hard to control and I can pass it to you when there's a risk of you being closed down. If you can do that then you're good. That's one thing Jam is good at.
Yeah you can try that but when I play as ANY, as a midfielder you need to be comfortable in possession and be able to receive the ball under pressure since I usually use driven passes which are hard to control and I can pass it to you when there's a risk of you being closed down. If you can do that then you're good. That's one thing Jam is good at.

I'm really not bothered either way.

If people don't want me to adapt and help the team progress, then I can just stay up top and that's fine by me...

It's never gonna be easy but you know I have good passing and as a midfielder my dribbling/control would be much better than what it is now.
I only suggested it since we really seem to struggle defensively. Normally I'd go CB but it can just be boring and tiresome.
Original post by Lúcio
I'm really not bothered either way.

If people don't want me to adapt and help the team progress, then I can just stay up top and that's fine by me...

It's never gonna be easy but you know I have good passing and as a midfielder my dribbling/control would be much better than what it is now.
I only suggested it since we really seem to struggle defensively. Normally I'd go CB but it can just be boring and tiresome.

I was suggesting anything btw, you can play b2b it's cool. I just think your best suited as a striker, I don't have any problems with you playing up top.
I was suggesting anything btw, you can play b2b it's cool. I just think your best suited as a striker, I don't have any problems with you playing up top.

Lol, I think you're the only person on this thread that'd admit that...

All in all, I'm very versatile as a player.
I feel like 4 players going forward is too crowded, so in those instances I'd probably step back to make things easier. However at the moment there's usually space for everybody.

I remember one night we had 7 or 8 people playing at once. Not gonna lie, it was awful :biggrin:
1 vs 1 anybody?
Anyone on about 6:30?
Says the guy who only plays for accomplishments

Must have took you long to figure that one out.

Try to use different shots, helps at uni when someone makes a joke out of your pro clubs:wink:
Nice try man.

Rk2k14 is like an apprentice to me tbh. He is slowly getting there with his shots.
Original post by Zayn Malik
Shall we go on now

Posted from TSR Mobile

6:30 m8 I am revising!!
Original post by difeo
6:30 m8 I am revising!!

Now or never!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn Malik
Shall we go on now

Posted from TSR Mobile

1v1 now xxx
Nice try man.

Rk2k14 is like an apprentice to me tbh. He is slowly getting there with his shots.

Being an apprentice requires learning from someone with skill...
1v1 now xxx

Will you be on at 6:15?
That's my usual time every day.

Although I might be finishing a few hours early on Fridays.
Since we work 90 minutes extra per day, the other manager said me and my sister can finish early on Fridays if we like.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Will you be on at 6:15?
That's my usual time every day.

Although I might be finishing a few hours early on Fridays.
Since we work 90 minutes extra per day, the other manager said me and my sister can finish early on Fridays if we like.

Jump on now mate
Jump on now mate

Coming on
Might be on around 8ish if anyone is on?

Quick Reply

Latest